Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jakestully

anyone know how many tickets are sold?

I guess it wont even be half full.

:(

COME ON GUYS, BUY TICKETS!
    First singing along to some oasis hits, and then the CHILIS, a warm summer day. it will just be awesome.

:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

jakestully wrote: »
    anyone know how many tickets are sold?

I guess it wont even be half full.

:(

COME ON GUYS, BUY TICKETS!
    First singing along to some oasis hits, and then the CHILIS, a warm summer day. it will just be awesome.

:):D

Would love to go. Mainly to see Noel but its during my 6th year holiday. I had a ticket and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Is Pitch standing sold out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

threein99 wrote: »
    Is Pitch standing sold out ?

Pitch standing is sold out, took them a while.

At a guess 30,000-40,000 are probably sold at this stage, I'd imagine they won't sell any more than 40,000 come June 26th.

Ah well, least this gig will be a massive blow to the touts:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

I'm not surprised there are so many tickets left for this. Went to the O2 gig there last year and have to say I wasn't too impressed. They played fine but it just seemed like they didn't want to be on stage. There was no energy in the performance at all. It was more a case of show up play standard 70 minute set and leave.

One thing I did think was awesome was Chad Smiths drum solo. This was down to the fact:
    1. He is an awesome drummer
    2. You could tell he wanted to be on that stage and enjoyed playing.

Just my 2 cents :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

I'm not surprised there are so many tickets left for this. Went to the O2 gig there last year and have to say I wasn't too impressed. They played fine but it just seemed like they didn't want to be on stage. There was no energy in the performance at all. It was more a case of show up play standard 70 minute set and leave.

One thing I did think was awesome was Chad Smiths drum solo. This was down to the fact:
    1. He is an awesome drummer
    2. You could tell he wanted to be on that stage and enjoyed playing.

Just my 2 cents :D

agree with ya, im a huge fan but i thought they were a little disappointing although to be fair i read somewhwere that the lead singer had been sick on the day of the gig, lets hope croker will be better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

(I'm not advertising)

Just wondering is it possible to sell on these tickets at all? Something came up and I won't be able to attend.

Don't know the story with names/when they're bought with credit card etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Leeg17 wrote: »
    (I'm not advertising)

Just wondering is it possible to sell on these tickets at all? Something came up and I won't be able to attend.

Don't know the story with names/when they're bought with credit card etc.

Yep you can sell the tickets on , you werent able to sell them on last time because there was a limited amount and MCD didnt want any touts but since theres way more tickets available as its in croke park their yours do what you want with.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

What time should you be there to get up front at the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

MCD got greedy and thought they could shift 80,000 tickets @ 60 Euro a pop for a band that have slowly gone downhill over the last decade. Is it just me or was their last album terrible?

Would have made more sense putting the Foos or Coldplay in Croker and moving the RHCP to Phoenix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

O'Doodle wrote: »
    MCD got greedy and thought they could shift 80,000 tickets @ 60 Euro a pop for a band that have slowly gone downhill over the last decade. Is it just me or was their last album terrible?

Would have made more sense putting the Foos or Coldplay in Croker and moving the RHCP to Phoenix.

Foo's wouldnt have sold out Croker either

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Deemol

will there be a pit for the gig? I haven't been to a gig in Croke Park before what time would you want to be there to get into the pit? I don't think I'll be able for the likes of the crush that was at the O2, was brused for days after it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

O'Doodle wrote: »

The album wasn't terrible at all- you just didn't like it, these things are subjective. Lansdowne Road (Aviva) would have been more suitable but I suppose Croke Park was more convenient as it will already be in concert mode due to westlife playing there a few days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

TBH, I found the last album really poor - generally I found the last three albums not of particularly high standards but there were a couple of good songs in the previous two, whereas the last album left me nothing.
    Seeing recent setlists there are 4 songs from Blood Sugar Sex Magik and another 3-4 from Californication, so there goes almost half of the concert for me as highly anticipated.
    Haven't seen them before, saw I am waiting impatiently for it.
    Vaccines will also do just fine, if only I didn't have to watch/hear Noel Gallagher. . .

Would of been interesting to see how much better this gig could've sold if neither RHCP nor Noel played the O2 and if Noel hadn't played the Olympia either.

New album had some moments with Brendan's Death Song and Police Station, but not as much as the two before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Haven't seen them before, saw I am waiting impatiently for it.
    Vaccines will also do just fine, if only I didn't have to watch/hear Noel Gallagher. . .

Didn't Fools Gold play with them before Christmas. Fans of the Chilis should be thankful that they will be seeing at least one legend of music from the last 25 years who can still write/play decent music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Didn't Fools Gold play with them before Christmas. Fans of the Chilis should be thankful that they will be seeing at least one legend of music from the last 25 years who can still write/play decent music.

Flea?

Yeah, Flea and Chad Smith are at the top of their field alright. And Josh Klinghoffer is a much better guitarist than Noel Gallagher, NG can certainly write many a catchy tune but his guitar work is rather limited. Especially compared to Josh's predecessor John Frusciante.

By the way, your comment is rather stupid. I've always been a big fan of both Oasis and RHCP and while you may feel compelled to have your dig at the Chili Peppers I can certainly assure you that there are plenty of people who don't rate Noel Gallagher/Oasis/Beady Eye. Beady Eye have proven that Oasis were only ever going to be as good as Noel Gallagher, and the largely common concensus about Oasis is that they never wrote anything good after What's The Story Morning Glory all the way back in 1995, so contrary to your claim that NG can still write/play decent music, there are vast swathes of people who would disagree with you there.

Why do you think that every time Oasis/NG/Beady Eye wrote something since 1995 that the reviews always compare new material with what they produced on Definitly Maybe and What's the Story? And time after time we hear claims from some sources including Oasis/BE/NG that "This is our best material since DM"/"This is better that What's The Story", claims which always fall flat.

It's so easy to knock and criticise, as a fan of Oasis/RHCP/NG I for years have had to put up with people telling me they are ****e/overrated/past it/sell outs/don't write good music/full of themselves/money grabbers and so on. There are bands I don't like, but I don't feel the need to antagonise the fans of those bands by criticising them and getting my little digs in. This isn't just directed at you, as in this thread there are countless examples of people who felt the need to have a pop at the Chili's for the reasons I listed in the first sentence of this paragraph.

As for yourself, I just find your criticisms of RHCP ironic, as in my position as a fan of both RHCP and NG people are saying exactly the same things about Noel Gallagher as you said about RHCP, that Oasis/NG haven't written/played decent music since the mid 90's!

jordainius wrote: »
    Yeah, Flea and Chad Smith are at the top of their field alright. And Josh Klinghoffer is a much better guitarist than Noel Gallagher, NG can certainly write many a catchy tune but his guitar work is rather limited. Especially compared to Josh's predecessor John Frusciante.

By the way, your comment is rather stupid. I've always been a big fan of both Oasis and RHCP and while you may feel compelled to have your dig at the Chili Peppers I can certainly assure you that there are plenty of people who don't rate Noel Gallagher/Oasis/Beady Eye. Beady Eye have proven that Oasis were only ever going to be as good as Noel Gallagher, and the largely common concensus about Oasis is that they never wrote anything good after What's The Story Morning Glory all the way back in 1995, so contrary to your claim that NG can still write/play decent music, there are vast swathes of people who would disagree with you there.

Why do you think that every time Oasis/NG/Beady Eye wrote something since 1995 that the reviews always compare new material with what they produced on Definitly Maybe and What's the Story? And time after time we hear claims from some sources including Oasis/BE/NG that "This is our best material since DM"/"This is better that What's The Story", claims which always fall flat.

It's so easy to knock and criticise, as a fan of Oasis/RHCP/NG I for years have had to put up with people telling me they are ****e/overrated/past it/sell outs/don't write good music/full of themselves/money grabbers and so on. There are bands I don't like, but I don't feel the need to antagonise the fans of those bands by criticising them and getting my little digs in. This isn't just directed at you, as in this thread there are countless examples of people who felt the need to have a pop at the Chili's for the reasons I listed in the first sentence of this paragraph.

As for yourself, I just find your criticisms of RHCP ironic, as in my position as a fan of both RHCP and NG people are saying exactly the same things about Noel Gallagher as you said about RHCP, that Oasis/NG haven't written/played decent music since the mid 90's!

I say Noel can "write/play decent music" and you tell me that the new RHCP guitarist is better than NG. Way to not address the point I made. I never claimed that Noel was an amazing guitarist; I merely said that he can write "decent music" and play "decent music."

Oh well, if "vast swathes" of people who only think Oasis had two decent albums think I'm stupid, then it must be true. Not a particularly thoughtful person, are you?! Even by internet forum standards, what you have written is pretty moronic mate!

You obviously aren't as big a fan of Oasis as you profess to be if you think that everything Noel or Liams says in an interview is to be taken as 100% factual. There is every chance that you could find interviews from different countries where Oasis members contradict previously held opinions on the album they are touring. Noel regularly explains how he hates answering the same questions on tour and invents different answers for his own amusement.

Also, lazy journalism cannot be discounted. Any journalist who compares a new Oasis or Noel release to DM or MG is a lazy, unoriginal pr*t.

Indeed. The comment I replied to was a needless dig at poor auld Noel.

The last Chilis album was pretty terrible. Even your beloved critics, with their extremely important opinions, could tell you that. Crazy as it might sound, I decided to listen to the album for myself and make up my mind. It seems the critics can be correct from time to time!

I say Noel can "write/play decent music" and you tell me that the new RHCP guitarist is better than NG. Way to not address the point I made. I never claimed that Noel was an amazing guitarist; I merely said that he can write "decent music" and play "decent music."

Oh well, if "vast swathes" of people who only think Oasis had two decent albums think I'm stupid, then it must be true. Not a particularly thoughtful person, are you?! Even by internet forum standards, what you have written is pretty moronic mate!

You obviously aren't as big a fan of Oasis as you profess to be if you think that everything Noel or Liams says in an interview is to be taken as 100% factual. There is every chance that you could find interviews from different countries where Oasis members contradict previously held opinions on the album they are touring. Noel regularly explains how he hates answering the same questions on tour and invents different answers for his own amusement.

Also, lazy journalism cannot be discounted. Any journalist who compares a new Oasis or Noel release to DM or MG is a lazy, unoriginal pr*t.

The last Chilis album was pretty terrible. Even your beloved critics, with their extremely important opinions, could tell you that. Crazy as it might sound, I decided to listen to the album for myself and make up my mind. It seems the critics can be correct from time to time!

Oh my! So it's ok for you to knock the Chili's but when someone points out that Oasis have their critics you totally lose the plot!

I'll reply to this tonight when I have the time- mailny to point out the amount of ridiculous baseless assumptions you made!! I look forward to tearing your post apart, and you have made it so easy for me with all the ridiculous assumptions you made out of your paranoia!

But in brief- you think it's okay for you to infer that one band doesn't write or play decent music anymore but when someone says that about a band you like it's not okay at all :rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm hoping you see the ridiculous double standard there! And it is extremely ironic that in your first sentence you go crazy at what you perceive to be me not adressing the point you made, you then go on to make everything up and assume that you know everything I think about everything! Madness! I'll post baclk later!

• Advertisement

Oh my! So it's ok for you to knock the Chili's but when someone points out that Oasis have their critics you totally lose the plot!

I'll reply to this tonight when I have the time- mailny to point out the amount of ridiculous baseless assumptions you made!! I look forward to tearing your post apart, and you have made it so easy for me with all the ridiculous assumptions you made out of your paranoia!

But in brief- you think it's okay for you to infer that one band doesn't write or play decent music anymore but when someone says that about a band you like it's not okay at all :rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm hoping you see the ridiculous double standard there! And it is extremely ironic that in your first sentence you go crazy at what you perceive to be me not adressing the point you made, you then go on to make everything up and assume that you know everything I think about everything! Madness! I'll post baclk later!

At least I can be prepared for your stupidity this time I suppose! ;)

I didn't "lose the plot!" Bless. I merely told you why you were incorrect. I used the perceived value you hold for critical reviews to satirise the value you hold in critical reviews.

Of course anyone can slag anyone. The difference is, and it's quite simple really, that lazy journalists regularly compare Oasis/Noel/Liam to the first two albums. Of course HFB isn't as good as the best album of the last 25 years. The Chilis new album is crap all on its own. Judge Noel/Beady Eye on their own merits. Very simple really!

I can't wait to read the reply anyway. Take as much time as you need!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

Is there going to be a pit at this ? And if I queue early would I be in with a chance of meeting the band or would staying afterwards be a better bet ? Can anybody who was at their gig in the 02 tell me if they came out to say hi or anything ?

Is there going to be a pit at this ? And if I queue early would I be in with a chance of meeting the band or would staying afterwards be a better bet ? Can anybody who was at their gig in the 02 tell me if they came out to say hi or anything ?

I've been to three gigs at Croke Park and there was no pit at any of them, so I doubt there will be for this one.

At the O2 gig, I remember Chad coming out to say hi to the early comers, doubt it will happen here as Croker is much too big. They will also prob fly off straight after the show.

You were inferring that RHCP don't write or play any decent music any more, that is incorrect. They don't write material that suit's your personal taste. Lot's of people like it, they like it for a reason. You had a pop at RHCP, I took issue with that by having a pop at Noel Gallagher not because I don't like Gallagher, but because you were wrong to say what you said. So I did directly respond to what you said. You claimed he can write and play decent songs and that RHCP can't, you're wrong, they can, you just don't like them. My post was designed to show you that critics talk nonsense, you were being a critic yourself, therefore you were talking nonsense. Bizarrely, you somehow formed the opinion that I am pro critic. How in the name of god you drew that conclusion I'll never know...
    Oh well, if "vast swathes" of people who only think Oasis had two decent albums think I'm stupid, then it must be true.
    I say "vast swathes of people would disagree with you", you choose to interpret it as vast swathes of people think you're stupid :confused::confused: Good for you, what a moronic conclusion to make!!

Not a particularly thoughtful person, are you?! Even by internet forum standards, what you have written is pretty moronic mate!
    Moronic? Why have people thanked my post and why has nobody thanked yours? People don't generally thank moronic posts... Unlike yourself I think before I speak, also- ever heard of attack the post, not the poster??? Also, I am so happy to say I am not now, never was, and never will be your "mate". I like my friends, they don't moan about how this is rubbish and that is terrible and they understand the concept of subjectivity.
    You obviously aren't as big a fan of Oasis as you profess to be if you think that everything Noel or Liams says in an interview is to be taken as 100% factual.
    Paranoid lie/mistruth that you have baselessly assumed as nothing I said indicated that:confused:

There is every chance that you could find interviews from different countries where Oasis members contradict previously held opinions on the album they are touring. Noel regularly explains how he hates answering the same questions on tour and invents different answers for his own amusement.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted, absoluitely nothing. Kind of strange coming from someone who went ballistic at what he perceived as another poster not adressing what he said. :pac:
    Not necessarily, they have every right to compare to previous material. Coincidentally, your post which said Chili Peppers fans should be grateful to be able to see someone who can still write and play decent music implies that the Chili's were once able to write decent music, and you now feel that they can't. So you are judging them now against what they did in the past. And from what you say, judging a band by what they did in the past is lazy and makes that person an unoriginal pratt. Your words, not mine...
    But you didn't comment only on "poor auld Noel" who's record speaks for itself, there are plenty of ways to stick up for your beloved Noel without having to take a swing at other bands. "My favourite band is better than your favourite band" is childish nonsense.
    The last Chilis album was pretty terrible.
    You confuse "X is bad" with "X is not to my personal taste"
    Even your beloved critics, with their extremely important opinions, could tell you that.
    Beloved critics? Another baseless assumption! And the critical reception for I'm With You was generally positive actually. Average to above average while not outstanding would cover it. Also, I find it funny that you pick and choose when critical acclaim means anything. You pick and choose what suits you!....
    Crazy as it might sound, I decided to listen to the album for myself and make up my mind. It seems the critics can be correct from time to time!
    If the critics can be correct from time to time then Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants are terrible albums. But of course as I've already pointed out, the opinions of the critics only counts when it suits yourself.

You somehow have failed to read between the lines in my original post- that being that the opinions of critics doesn't matter. You basically said that RHCP don't wrote or play anything decent anymore. My point was that you are no better than any of the countless critics that Noel Gallagher or Oasis have when you say things like that. You think its okay for you to say that the RHCP's don't write or play any decent music anymore, and when it's pointed out to you that many feel the same way about Oasis/NG you throw your toys out of the pram and post the nonsense. Oasis/NG critic's are lazy unoriginal pratts? You're doing EXACTLY the same thing as these lazy unoriginal pratts with your criticism of RHCP. You don't know the difference between "X is terrible" and "I don't like X". For example I don't like Guinness but it would be wrong of me to say that Guinness is disgusting. It obviously isn't, it just isn't to my personal taste.

If you respond, please try to deal with what I actually say instead of making stupid assumptions. Remember, 2+2=4.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭UserName 217

You were inferring that RHCP don't write or play any decent music any more, that is incorrect. They don't write material that suit's your personal taste. Lot's of people like it, they like it for a reason. You had a pop at RHCP, I took issue with that by having a pop at Noel Gallagher not because I don't like Gallagher, but because you were wrong to say what you said. So I did directly respond to what you said. You claimed he can write and play decent songs and that RHCP can't, you're wrong, they can, you just don't like them. My post was designed to show you that critics talk nonsense, you were being a critic yourself, therefore you were talking nonsense. Bizarrely, you somehow formed the opinion that I am pro critic. How in the name of god you drew that conclusion I'll never know...

I say "vast swathes of people would disagree with you", you choose to interpret it as vast swathes of people think you're stupid :confused::confused: Good for you, what a moronic conclusion to make!!

Moronic? Why have people thanked my post and why has nobody thanked yours? People don't generally thank moronic posts... Unlike yourself I think before I speak, also- ever heard of attack the post, not the poster??? Also, I am so happy to say I am not now, never was, and never will be your "mate". I like my friends, they don't moan about how this is rubbish and that is terrible and they understand the concept of subjectivity.

Paranoid lie/mistruth that you have baselessly assumed as nothing I said indicated that:confused:

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted, absoluitely nothing. Kind of strange coming from someone who went ballistic at what he perceived as another poster not adressing what he said. :pac:

Not necessarily, they have every right to compare to previous material. Coincidentally, your post which said Chili Peppers fans should be grateful to be able to see someone who can still write and play decent music implies that the Chili's were once able to write decent music, and you now feel that they can't. So you are judging them now against what they did in the past. And from what you say, judging a band by what they did in the past is lazy and makes that person an unoriginal pratt. Your words, not mine...

But you didn't comment only on "poor auld Noel" who's record speaks for itself, there are plenty of ways to stick up for your beloved Noel without having to take a swing at other bands. "My favourite band is better than your favourite band" is childish nonsense.

You confuse "X is bad" with "X is not to my personal taste"

Beloved critics? Another baseless assumption! And the critical reception for I'm With You was generally positive actually. Average to above average while not outstanding would cover it. Also, I find it funny that you pick and choose when critical acclaim means anything. You pick and choose what suits you!....

If the critics can be correct from time to time then Be Here Now and Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants are terrible albums. But of course as I've already pointed out, the opinions of the critics only counts when it suits yourself.

You somehow have failed to read between the lines in my original post- that being that the opinions of critics doesn't matter. You basically said that RHCP don't wrote or play anything decent anymore. My point was that you are no better than any of the countless critics that Noel Gallagher or Oasis have when you say things like that. You think its okay for you to say that the RHCP's don't write or play any decent music anymore, and when it's pointed out to you that many feel the same way about Oasis/NG you throw your toys out of the pram and post the nonsense. Oasis/NG critic's are lazy unoriginal pratts? You're doing EXACTLY the same thing as these lazy unoriginal pratts with your criticism of RHCP. You don't know the difference between "X is terrible" and "I don't like X". For example I don't like Guinness but it would be wrong of me to say that Guinness is disgusting. It obviously isn't, it just isn't to my personal taste.

If you respond, please try to deal with what I actually say instead of making stupid assumptions. Remember, 2+2=4.

Agree 100% with everything you said.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's crap, plenty of bands I don't like but have had worldwide success.

Glad someone sees it the way you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Just under two weeks to go, haven't seen them since 2006 can't wait now, recent set lists look great, nice mix.

great energy there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

The past few weeks I havent been looking forward to this concert at all. Tbh I dont even want to go. I regret buying standing tickets now, should have gotten seated. I dont even know how Im getting back down from Dublin. Accomodation is probably through the roof in price, and there is no public transport aside from buses, which I dont fancy standing around in Dublin waiting for. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭overshoot

you know your only 15-20mins walk from bus aras/connolly at croker or the luas to heuston? far quicker than any bus. plenty of hostels down that area too. you wil easily find something

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aineeeeee

Anyone know anything about a pit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Are they likely to play much from Stadium Arcadium or the last album? :cool:

Advertisement