Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangest cargo you've ever had?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

Kev.OC wrote: »
    This confuses me...

Yep, rubber grows on trees.

You tap Rubber trees by cutting into their bark and installing a little cup to collect the sap (latex) that will drain out of the scar. Collect it after 24 hours, add some acid (can't remember exactly what), let it set and then thru rollers to get rid of the water component. Resulting sheets will be dried for 4-10 days, and then you can sell it to whoever buys rubber sheets in the market (they would be buying to sell to manufacturing industry).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Few crates of beer, bungee straps everywhere!

That reminds me.

In the days when we'd to smuggle gargle over the border I used to ride an old Yamaha DT175 (then later an RD125) from Dublin City centre to Newry, strap a few slabs on the tank and saddle behind me then come back that evening with the lights off over Forkhill :D

I'm probably lucky the Brit's never shot me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

A couple of pints of blood, some spinal fluid, a DVD of CAT scans and, wait for it, frozen breast milk. Not all at the same time I might add...

MrP

Advertisement