Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangest cargo you've ever had?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Had 5 of us on the bandit about 5 years ago coming through the green on way home from bud. Was doing surprisingly well until chap on bars asked for a wheelie. Meself and chap on tank was only ones left on bike. Good fun until that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I strapped a couple of golf clubs for pitch n putt sideways across the seat. After filtering to the top of a queue I suddenly remembered them. Luckily I didn't touch anything - but for the rest of the journey it was *like a car* *like a car* *like a car* :D

I also managed to strap a case of beer (bottles) onto the bike. I don't know why I got the strange looks, surely if I had chucked them into a car it'd just be less noticeable but are bikes not allowed to visibly display their cargo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Few crates of beer, bungee straps everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

50 kg bag of cement on the tank, 2 cavity blocks in the back box on the CB.
    Keg of Guinness on a Vespa PE.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭KingIsabella

In dominican republic i've seen a family of 5-6, children up to grandmother with all the shopping.

Two lads driving down beside each other with a big ladder beween them.

And a pig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Well I drove around in full military garb, a tactical vest with 2 handguns in holsters and a G3-SG1 rifle on my back. Does that count as 'strange'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭bladespin

A Microwave

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Well I drove around in full military garb, a tactical vest with 2 handguns in holsters and a G3-SG1 rifle on my back. Does that count as 'strange'?

If it was commuting through traffic, yes. If not, probably not that strange. :D

A TV.
    2X 14 FT decking planks (in the wee hours).
    Cheque's in excess of 15M.
    12kg bar of Gold.
    4 foot elf sitting as a pillion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

No1J wrote: »
    Michael D?

• Advertisement

Andy Quinn. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not all at once: ;)

Two dozen bottles of champagne cider.

Two tyres for a CBR600 around my waist

A folding clothes dryer along with a full week's food shopping

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

Not my thread but ive seen similar stuff on the streets of vietnam

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335816

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Michael D?

Oh won it in a Christmas draw so on the way home picked him up, stuck his arms under mine and drove home as if all was grand, Me with Santa hat stuck to my lid and your man on the back, some funny looks as I flew up the middle in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

a cash register

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

2 sacks of homegrown, never even felt the journey, long time ago your honour,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Doubt many will compete with this guy! What a great video!

http://www.independent.ie/video/video-have-you-seen/rally-biker-stops-to-save-drowning-calf-2917996.html

So what's the strangest cargo you've ever brought on your bike?

Great video. Here's the youtube video with no ads:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyPLeII7YKE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

. . . I'm tempted to say Mrs Galwaytt. . .but I won't. . .:-P

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Had a sky dish on the back of mine recently, got a few comments about reception problems lol

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Carried a PC home from a friend's house one time, rode a scooter at the time and the CPU was under the seat in the storage compartment (along with keyboard and mouse) and the screen strapped to the pillion seat. Journey was about 10 miles with that stuff and I worried about it every foot of the way!

• Advertisement

Picked up one of the lads from a session one night and we seen a wheelchair on the road. I know yeah!! Where the hell was the person who used it. Anyways it turns out wheelchairs can't be dragged that fast behind a bike with someone sitting in it. Was some laugh though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

seanybiker wrote: »
    Picked up one of the lads from a session one night and we seen a wheelchair on the road. I know yeah!! Where the hell was the person who used it. Anyways it turns out wheelchairs can't be dragged that fast behind a bike with someone sitting in it. Was some laugh though.

Reminds me of the time I towed my brother's little 50cc Suzuki moped to the garage behind my RD350YPVS with a bungee cord!..

Accelerating was fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

My compromised BSA M20 outfit back in the early 90's before I discovered JAP and Cages. Carried anything from a dog on the tank, building materials, rubble and a crated one ton capacity Sealey Engine crane from Newry to Dublin. :eek:

I would probably get arrested for attempting any of this now. :p

m8pid5.jpg

2n9z1a9.jpg

103tsfd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

LPG cylinder that holds 14kgs of gas + the weight of the cylinder, 25-30 kgs perhaps.
    Large jute sacks full of farm produce like coconuts, mangoes, banana, pineapples, snake beans, black pepper, rubber sheets, elephant yams, tapioca, ginger, turmeric etc, and some times 20 ltr jerrycan of coconut oil, kerosene etc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

Cheque's in excess of 15M.
    12kg bar of Gold.

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I carried six chickens and three ducks in cardboard boxes taped to the back of a CBR1000. What do I win?

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

My young lad and his school bag every day. Can I still be in your club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Actually just remembered, when I started out I was on a moped( suzuki Carna), carried 8 pairs of shoes between my feet from my dads shop to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

some flat pack furniture from ikea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

positron wrote: »
    LPG cylinder that holds 14kgs of gas + the weight of the cylinder, 25-30 kgs perhaps.
    Large jute sacks full of farm produce like coconuts, mangoes, banana, pineapples, snake beans, black pepper, rubber sheets, elephant yams, tapioca, ginger, turmeric etc, and some times 20 ltr jerrycan of coconut oil, kerosene etc too.

This confuses me...

Advertisement