Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Does anyone know how far were they into the exam before this happened? I'd be well pissed if I was more than 1/2 way in and found I had to do it all again. Once is bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not sure really but having exams at 4 on the friday before Christmas is a bit of a joke anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

Jesus can't manage any study, head not in it at all

Same. My time atm is 2% - Study and 98% - Anything but study

Half an hour here and another half an hour there. Damn java is painful to study, could spend an hour trying to get an answer online for something that is worth 2 marks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I need to switch wifi off when I'm studying! :D
    It's a curse!

Total waste of time today, too many fecking distractions this time of year

Wireless and Security or VOIP + STP ???? both look daunting!!

JFlah wrote: »
    Wireless and Security or VOIP + STP ???? both look daunting!!

Wireless and Security 149 pages. From the looks of the past papers there's only 2 or 3 same type questions for VOIP. For example issues to be resolved, discuss the protocols (RTCP,H245,etc) and compare and contrast SIP/H323. Personality, I wouldn't touch wireless. Although L10+11 are pretty painful too :)

AntiRip wrote: »
    Wireless and Security 149 pages. From the looks of the past papers there's only 2 or 3 same type questions for VOIP. For example issues to be resolved, discuss the protocols (RTCP,H245,etc) and compare and contrast SIP/H323. Personality, I wouldn't touch wireless. Although L10+11 are pretty painful too :)
    Yeah I,m leaning the same way, lesser of 2 evils

• Advertisement

I don't see anything in the notes to answer the question to outline what you would do to incorporate VOIP into a LAN environment or am I missing it somewhere? I know about the issues to be resolved such as QOS,Security,Interoperability,Scalabilty. Will that also answer the question?

I don't see anything in the notes to answer the question to outline what you would do to incorporate VOIP into a LAN environment or am I missing it somewhere? I know about the issues to be resolved such as QOS,Security,Interoperability,Scalabilty. Will that also answer the question?

That probably does it there is also a VOICE VLAN type but it's barely mentioned

what have you guys been studying in relation to Threads for java? If she asks us about code i'm not really sure what i'll need to know?:confused:

siblers wrote: »
    what have you guys been studying in relation to Threads for java? If she asks us about code i'm not really sure what i'll need to know?:confused:
    That they implement runnable and have a run( ) method , know synchronized and a few bits about threads sleeping but there is not much code to ask

I might skip threads altogether. Full question on LinkedList, binary search tree and graphs hopefully. Only problem would be if threads was to be half a question but maybe unlikely as it doesn't fit in with any of the other data structures. It was really done quickly at the end. We didn't even get to do a lab class in it, like 5 mins from the end of class.

The synchronization was covered a couple of times, may be asked if two threads were running why an inaccurate value may be displayed. She had trouble explaining that herself :). All we did was the bouncing ball and no previous questions to reference really.

I have it my head that graphs and threads will be put together. Definitly marks to be gained from graphs just threads is going to be a wildcard. I'm also pretty drunk :D

I have it my head that graphs and threads will be put together. Definitly marks to be gained from graphs just threads is going to be a wildcard. I'm also pretty drunk :D

Being drunk makes it harder to retain information :D

Something wrong....... info enters brain and immediately falls right back out !!

I'm so sick of ****ing studying. How we did it last year with 4 exams after Christmas I'll never know

I'm so sick of ****ing studying. How we did it last year with 4 exams after Christmas I'll never know

Must be less intelligent this year!

• Advertisement

Why cant these things be 100% CA instead of these glorified ****ing memory tests. Examine what you can do, not what you can remember. Sigh

Edit: I'm tired, grouchy and seem to have lost the lost the ability to give **** any more. Perhaps sleep may help.

CoderDozer wrote: »
    Why cant these things be 100% CA instead of these glorified ****ing memory tests. Examine what you can do, not what you can remember. Sigh

Exactly, most people had really good CA marks going into our final exams (apart from java :rolleyes:) and all that hard work is undone by 2 hours where any numerous things can go wrong. My average is going to take an awful nosedive despite having really high CA marks. I've finished exams and on the drive home i've had answers pop straight into my head that I couldn't remember earlier in the exam. Nonsense really.

Everyone that's finished with exams enjoy the break ... well deserved . For those unfortunates still grinding away ..best of luck

Thank ****, would not have handled another day of that. Have to go on a coffee and red bull detox over the next few days

Thank ****, would not have handled another day of that. Have to go on a coffee and red bull detox over the next few days

Same am a quivering wreck from the amount of caffeine in my system.

Same am a quivering wreck from the amount of caffeine in my system.

Tried to get some sleep when I got home, too tired to do anything productive but too wired to sleep. Can't be healthy :(

Tried to get some sleep when I got home, too tired to do anything productive but too wired to sleep. Can't be healthy :(

Definitely not good but at least time to recover now :). So many movies to watch.........:D

Definitely not good but at least time to recover now :). So many movies to watch.........:D

And TV shows! Must finish off homeland and I have about 20 movies waiting for me also, oh and along list of jobs from OH :D

...and 14 cans of Heineken from over Xmas too :)

And TV shows! Must finish off homeland and I have about 20 movies waiting for me also, oh and along list of jobs from OH :D

...and 14 cans of Heineken from over Xmas too :)
    Consume heineken -> do jobs -> too drunk to notice the work ! :)

• Advertisement

:D

Advertisement