Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PwC or Deloitte?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 goldeneye90

I'm in the exact same situation as you, whoever you are. From my research, I've come to the conclusion that PwC have slightly a bigger name in Ireland, are very serious and detailed about their work, but they would give very good training. My cousin trained with PwC and recommends them highly. He even got a job in the Financial Reporting department of Vodafone out of it. They're Secondment scheme seems better than Deloitte's aswell.
    Deloitte aren't as big in Ireland (and a little smaller Worldwide) and don't audit as many of the biggest companies as PwC. However, they seem more of a fun company to work for, with more emphasis on work/life balance and the satisfaction of it's staff.

So they're the factors I'm taking into account, and you might have guessed I'm gonna choose PwC. It might not be as fun, but it's only 3 years, and I think it'll be best for me in the future. Good luck with whichever you choose, and I might meet you in Spencer Dock if you change your mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

I'm in the exact same situation as you, whoever you are. From my research, I've come to the conclusion that PwC have slightly a bigger name in Ireland, are very serious and detailed about their work, but they would give very good training. My cousin trained with PwC and recommends them highly. He even got a job in the Financial Reporting department of Vodafone out of it. They're Secondment scheme seems better than Deloitte's aswell.
    Deloitte aren't as big in Ireland (and a little smaller Worldwide) and don't audit as many of the biggest companies as PwC. However, they seem more of a fun company to work for, with more emphasis on work/life balance and the satisfaction of it's staff.

So they're the factors I'm taking into account, and you might have guessed I'm gonna choose PwC. It might not be as fun, but it's only 3 years, and I think it'll be best for me in the future. Good luck with whichever you choose, and I might meet you in Spencer Dock if you change your mind.

Gonna pick deloitte I think, after much consideration and from talking to people I think its the right choice, which is a shame as Im partial to a bit of goldeneye on the N64 myself so its a shame we wont be in spencer dock :) Best of luck and well done on getting the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Anyone working in Deloitte or PwC able to offer any insight into their overtime policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

lavine7 wrote: »
    Anyone working in Deloitte or PwC able to offer any insight into their overtime policy?

They're both the same. Any overtime worked can be taken as time off in lieu. There's no paid overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

An Citeog wrote: »
    They're both the same. Any overtime worked can be taken as time off in lieu. There's no paid overtime.

Wrong

For PwC Dublin you can choose to have overtime paid at time and a quarter if you want. AFAIK some of the regional offices will only let you take time off in lieu.

KPMG and Deloitte are time off in lieu only.

EY don't give anything for OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

blackwhite wrote: »

Wrong

For PwC Dublin you can choose to have overtime paid at time and a quarter if you want. AFAIK some of the regional offices will only let you take time off in lieu.

KPMG and Deloitte are time off in lieu only.

EY don't give anything for OT.

I'm not though. There's no option to take paid overtime in PwC. It's 100% TOIL.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Anyone have experience of working in tax at Deloitte or PWC? What are the pros/cons of both?? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

PwC from my view with many friends i know who started last year in the graduate program find the social side very strong and is very important for them if that is any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

You are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

What department are you in?

You might want to check the staff handbook

• Advertisement
Advertisement