Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did nobody ever think of this before??

Options
  • 25-10-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Just browsing a classified ads site earlier and I stumbled across this http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cats/2551276 !! I cant believe no-one has thought of this before!:confused: Its even patented now, Darn!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

wait until your cat gets a disability before you put anything like that near them please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Salmon wrote: »
    Just browsing a classified ads site earlier and I stumbled across this http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cats/2551276 !! I cant believe no-one has thought of this before!:confused: Its even patented now, Darn!

Ohhhhh, because it's stupid.... costs €14 and a 99c handkerchief would do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

What a stupid idea and stops the cat from catching any vermin either. So will make yer cat 100% dependent on espensive cat food and prevent it from doing anything useful. brilliant result all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

wont be good for the people worried about mice though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Thought collars with bells were meant to serve this function, they also have the benefit of not making your cat look like a twát.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Try putting it on without losing an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You could always patent a smaller version to stop birds catching worms OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Didn't know cats could fly aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That looks really dumbass on that cat, sure wouldnt the cats just rip them to shreds anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Try putting it on without losing an eye.

Or ending up having to wear this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Gee Bag wrote: »
    Thought collars with bells were meant to serve this function, they also have the benefit of not making your cat look like a twát.

I thanked your post mostly because your name made me laugh out loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

But the cat would be embarrassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Cat's are hunters and like to bring back there owners presents to say thanks for looking after them, so they bring back birds or vermin.

They don't like going back empty to you because they see it as you the owner will not take this easy.

So in turn they start to prey on socks and jocks from your neighbours washing line.

This is no joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Surely that would be a hazard to the cat? What if the cat was jumping and it got caught and strangled the cat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I'd imagine the cat wouldn't be too impressed wearing that crap thing around its neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

We have a cat about 2 half years now. I think ive seen him with 2 dead birds in that time. And one mouse.
    Its not a massive problem Cats killing Birds.

Im out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I don't think the cat would agree with the idea it won't interfere with it's ability to do everything it normally would. I can imagine an unfortunate cat in a bib trying to kill itself, ineffectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

My cat doesn't kill vermin, birds or frogs per se. It catches them live and brings them into the house where it plays with them for hours on end. My cat is a sadist......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

If I was a cat and the person I owned put one of those fuckin bibs on me I'd piss on his/her legs while (s)he wasn't looking and hide keys and try to smother babies and basically wreck his/her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

No ones thought of it yet because it's a useless idea.

My cat won't even wear a collar. He convientally 'lost' it as soon as he went outside.
    They have ways of taking things like that off. How did the person who made that bib not notice that they only make pet clothes for dogs because a cat would never wear them? Surely that bib thing is way worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

There are already collars with bells on them. Work quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

If I was a cat and the person I owned put one of those fuckin bibs on me I'd piss on his/her legs while (s)he wasn't looking and hide keys and try to smother babies and basically wreck his/her life.

Urinate under the bed and on carpets all over the house. Revenge would be sought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Surely that would be a hazard to the cat? What if the cat was jumping and it got caught and strangled the cat?

it would die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It would probably stop them from humping each other, ie less of the fcukers about :p

Saila wrote: »
    it would die

Anyone can pretend to be some kind of cat expert when they are on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Me cat wouldn't want to be seen around the estate with that around it's neck, christ I'd never get him out of the house again! Imagine the embarrassment when he sticks his head out the door :D

Couldn't see it been very practical either, the cat loves to go to sleep at different times and then go for a stroll, looks like you'd need to keep taking it off and putting it back on each time?

It would probably stop them from humping each other, ie less of the fcukers about :p

Forget the version for birds...someone come up with a version for scumbags/junkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Those bibs would also make it easier for target practice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

We have a cat about 2 half years now. I think ive seen him with 2 dead birds in that time. And one mouse.
    Its not a massive problem Cats killing Birds.

Im out.

well actually.....

there are a few species of birds that are being affected by predation by cats, and it is now recommended that we try stop cats catching as many birds, as some of these species are in decline.

if you want to read more. that is in reference to Britain, I can't find anything on Ireland, but I would presume (possibly wrongly) that there's a likelihood Irish numbers may be having the same problem.

Advertisement