Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Beers - 3rd December

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

ill prob head to either of these,,should be ok to go!! so have ye made your minds up whats the story with venue !!!:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Friday 9th December
    I can prob go on the 3rd. My work xmas do is the 1st but should be recovered by then, hehe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Friday 9th December

I shall be gracing you all with my attendance after all.

My visitors can't come over after all, so I'll be at the beers with bells on (possibly literally) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Im afraid I am working until 12pm on the 3rd :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Friday 9th December
    That's fine 12pm would be far too early to start drinking anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Friday 9th December
    This reminds me, must sort out where we're heading after getting grub. If you're planning to come along and haven't sent me your number, make sure to drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Don't think I can make this actually, going to Thanksgiving dinner in Brighton. Boo

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Friday 9th December
    Don't think I can make this actually, going to Thanksgiving dinner in Brighton. Boo

Wha-Thanksgiving was last week! If this means you turn up to Christmas Beers by yourself on the 3rd of January, you'll have no-one to blame but yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Fysh wrote: »
    Wha-Thanksgiving was last week! If this means you turn up to Christmas Beers by yourself on the 3rd of January, you'll have no-one to blame but yourself :P

I know it's a bit weird, but he never holds it on the day as it's not a holiday and couldn't hold it last weekend because he was going to an all-night dance festival at Alexandra Palace (as you do), so this weekend it is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Friday 9th December
    Fysh wrote: »
    This reminds me, must sort out where we're heading after getting grub. If you're planning to come along and haven't sent me your number, make sure to drop me a PM.

I'll be there. I'm fairly sure you have my number from last time, if you need it again PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Friday 9th December
    I will more than likely be attending

Friday 9th December
    Right, the plans for Saturday night have been made:

We're heading to Meat Liquor in Marylebone (postcode W1G 0BA) for grub at 6:00 which should hopefully have us sitting down to eat by around 6:30.

With any luck that should mean we're heading towards the pub between 7:30 and 8:00. I've not been to many pubs around Marylebone so I've picked three that we can use as options on the basis that I know at least one of them is pretty decent:

The Gunmakers - looks alright, thought it may turn out to be full of soccer fans as there's a Manchester United match on that evening
    The Marylebone - looks nice, has cocktails, but might be busy and/or pricey
    The Dover Castle - a really nice little Sam Smith's pub, though if it's too busy we may have to head elsewhere.

Here's a Google Map starting at Meat Liquor and all three pubs on it in the order listed above.

If you're not meeting us for food, make sure you've got my number (and preferably that I also have yours so I know who to expect) and give me a call/text to find out where we are when you're on your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Other
    I can come along for food and maybe stay a bit but a friend is having birthday drinks on Saturday night so I will have to scamper off, alas.

But, yay, MeatLiquor! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

I'm in!!

My company isn't planning a Christmas party, I've no other plans Saturday night and it would be nice to catch up with some other folk who have made the move.

See you guys Saturday for one or more...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

I will be there! :pac:

Friday 9th December
    We're in the Gunmakers pub at the moment. For the record, Meat Liquor was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Friday 9th December
    Meat Liquor was great. It was nice to see you all again and meet OhThePenguin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Hi there, sorry I couldn't make it along in the end, hope you all had a super night and I'll catch up with you another time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

hey guys,, sorry i have missed the last one or two beers, iv had a few visitors over the past while doing abit of sight seein,,cant belive the times flown by an its christmas,,,,so i hope you all have a great christmas and a wonderful new year.

Mckenzie
    xx

Advertisement