Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Lets not kid ourselves,Hybrid Theory is essentially a pop album with a few geetars thrown in.I did buy the album way back when but gave it away within two weeks.Big catchy,sing-along cheesey crap is what it is.

No doubt it is. It definitely opened the door for me and many others I'm sure to heavier music and it'll always have a special place in my heart for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I remember when that came out, I was 12 (:eek:). I loved it. I heard "One Step Closer" three or four times and thought it was amazing, bought the album off the back of that song. Once I got the album, I realised it wasn't even close to being the best track on there. Songs like "Papercut", "Crawling" and "With You" still give me shivers when I listen to them.

I was obsessed with Limp Bizkit (:o) at the time and saw LP as something similar in that rap-rock-metal style of the time.

Needless to say, I outgrew Limp Bizkit but I still go back and listen to HT every now and again. It's a cracking album, some top class songs on there. The only other LP album I bought after that was the remix one with Jay-Z, none of their other stuff drew me in as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Lets not kid ourselves,Hybrid Theory is essentially a pop album with a few geetars thrown in.I did buy the album way back when but gave it away within two weeks.Big catchy,sing-along cheesey crap is what it is.
    I'd hate to hear your opinion on their other albums if you think this one is crap!

Advertisement