Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos of Feats of Strength and Strength Sporting performances.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Everything about this video rocks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Justin1982

squod wrote: »

What I think is mental is that this guy is nearly 47.

He claims to be drug free.

He also claims that he wakes up in the morning fresh as a daisy even after a heavy days training or competing. He was commenting about other competitors getting niggly injuries and feeling sore all the time but he didnt seem to do so. He should have touched wood as he tore his bicep a few months later.

I am probably a bit innocent for taking him literally I know.

Either way, I think he is a medical marvel!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lifter25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Justin1982 wrote: »

He also claims that he wakes up in the morning fresh as a daisy even after a heavy days training or competing. He was commenting about other competitors getting niggly injuries and feeling sore all the time but he didnt seem to do so. He should have touched wood as he tore his bicep a few months later.

Whats even more mental is the fact that he works as a plasterer yet is still able to train at the level required to compete against guys who will train and then do nothing physically demanding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

...what's even more mental is the things some people believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Met Mark and Laurence Shahlaei couple years ago. Hoping they come back over here again. MF holds a few records already. Single arm deadlift & rolling thunder I think.

I dunno if a builder makes enough to raise a family ,feed 25 stone of muscle and has money over for PEDs.

The guest referee Mark Henry held two drug free PLing world records for years like. Not outside the realms of possibility in all fairness. All the pharmaceuticals in the world wouldn't turn the likes of me into the likes of him and that's for sure!

Mark Felix. Summer 2010, Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Justin1982

Hanley wrote: »
    ...what's even more mental is the things some people believe.

So do you reckon its impossible to get to that level without some sort of "herbal remedy"?
    I used to presume that they all were on "herbal remedy" but some of their comments during interviews had me questioning my instincts.

In Felix's case he was asked something like "was there anything he didnt like about the sport of Strongman?". His reply was "Yeah its a bit annoying that everyone presumes all Strongmen are on drugs".

Also heard Magnus Samuelsson and Brian Shaw speaking about being drug free. It wasnt like they were asked if they were on drugs and they said no. They were basically just off the cuff comments about how to train as drug free athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So do you reckon its impossible to get to that level without some sort of "herbal remedy"?
    I used to presume that they all were on "herbal remedy" but some of their comments during interviews had me questioning my instincts.

In Felix's case he was asked something like "was there anything he didnt like about the sport of Strongman?". His reply was "Yeah its a bit annoying that everyone presumes all Strongmen are on drugs".

Also heard Magnus Samuelsson and Brian Shaw speaking about being drug free. It wasnt like they were asked if they were on drugs and they said no. They were basically just off the cuff comments about how to train as drug free athletes.

Well if there not on drugs then their amazing specimens and complete idiots and they should begin immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

there's no stopping the lad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Molly wrote: »

I'm not going to look at the comments because I can imagine the tripe that will be posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Monster tyre flips from yesterday. 1,000lbs. Some of these lads were u105s a couple of under 90s in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Facebook is saying that Efferding just totaled 2300+ raw, with 865 sq, 600 bench and 837 dead, breaking Jon Cole's longstanding record, and in the 275lbs weightclass too. Haven't seen any vids but hopefully some get put up soon.

That record would be safe for a long time if the Lilliebridge experiment wasn't around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Kev M wrote: »
    Facebook is saying that Efferding just totaled 2300+ raw, with 865 sq, 600 bench and 837 dead, breaking Jon Cole's longstanding record, and in the 275lbs weightclass too. Haven't seen any vids but hopefully some get put up soon.

That record would be safe for a long time if the Lilliebridge experiment wasn't around :D

Here it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

That squat is terrifying to watch. And beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Man that squat was unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭COH

Efferding is a monster... Lean as f*ck... strong as absolute f*ck... a successful business man and multi-millionaire to boot...

The guy in me says this guy is a legend, total respect.

The Irish in me says I hope he has a tiny knob and is miserable :pac:

David Rigerts son

• Advertisement

Clancy being ridiculous again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Talk about ATG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

What weight is Rigert Jr.? That's a serious lift if he's 94 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Whatever the Ukrainians are doing seems to be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

DylanJM wrote: »

Whatever the Ukrainians are doing seems to be working.

It looks like he is training in a retirement home

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Who needs leg drive on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭imnothim

how many guys on paleo/i.f can do this .....

• Advertisement

My hero <3

Advertisement