Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Offical Christmas street lights Thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Think the lights and the colours are my favourite part of Christmas. Everything looks so much nicer and happier in Christmas. Really looking forward to decorating my classroom for the Christmas season :D

Yeah, it does, the colours are lovely. I love the reds, golds, purples and greens, actually all of them. Was in Dunnes today and saw their Christmas stuff for the first time, and it looked lovely, magical. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

mars bar wrote: »
    Is that just a test run? I'm moving to Dublin tomorrow and would love to see the switching on in a few weeks time. :)
    Yeah, it's just a test run they do for a few days to make sure everything's in working order for the switch on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

A tree has gone up on the corner of Exchequer St and Georges St in Dublin, pretty sure it was put up today, no lights on it this afternoon, will be back in town this eve to check it out though!

Oooh, the trees are coming! THE TREES ARE COMING!!!! :D

Lads, will people post up the Christmas lights in their local town when they're up? I'll do a few of the towns in Roscommon when I'm in them. :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Oooh, the trees are coming! THE TREES ARE COMING!!!! :D

Hopefully, they'll be followed by "the holidays" (and the trucks). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Lights in Bray being switched on Saturday 19th, might bring the kids to this and get into the real Christmas spirit as bringing them to the Toy Show Experience in the RDS the following day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

flutegirl wrote: »
    Lads, will people post up the Christmas lights in their local town when they're up? I'll do a few of the towns in Roscommon when I'm in them. :)
    I'll stick up a few of the Mullingar lights when they are turned on.:)

They're nothing like the Dublin lights though :( But still pretty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I'm pretty sure some of the lights on the north side of Dublin were switched on today, I saw lights on Parnell St and Talbot St, nothing on O'Connell St, wasn't on the south side of town today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

the lites in wicklow town are sheite, i shall post a pic anyway once they are switched on and ye shall all see how 'un-christmas spirity' they are :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

tfak85 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure some of the lights on the north side of Dublin were switched on today, I saw lights on Parnell St and Talbot St, nothing on O'Connell St, wasn't on the south side of town today.

Some nice ones up along Capel Street :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Christmas lights in Cork City are goin on next Friday night!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Waterford Christmas lights are going on next Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

As far as I know Greystones christmas lights are being turned on on the 27th. They're nothing much, just those icicle lights on all the buildings of the main street, they're still pretty though, I'll get a picture and throw it up here when they're on :)

Yaaaaay, more lights!! Can't believe Cork and Waterford are being switched on next Friday, woo! :D

Henry Street in Dublin's lights switched on today!! :D

Grafton Street lights are being switched on this coming Friday (18th Nov) at 5pm.

Yippee! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

0pix3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Some of the lights are up here in Newbridge, the bridge and the rope figure on the buildings have new colours" not sure if the trees are done yet but the lights are on

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Dunno if anyones bothered :rolleyes: but Arklows lights are being switched on Saturday 26th Nov

• Advertisement

Christmas lights are Christmas lights- no matter where they are I think they have the effect of making somewhere look amazing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Posy wrote: »
    Christmas lights are Christmas lights- no matter where they are I think they have the effect of making somewhere look amazing! :D

i shall let you judge that when ours go on!!!

hdowney wrote: »
    i shall let you judge that when ours go on!!!
    Heehee, okay! :p

I'll take pictures of some of the lights in London when I go there next week and post them up here!

leahyl wrote: »
    I'll take pictures of some of the lights in London when I go there next week and post them up here!

Ooh, yaay! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm SO going to travel to Dublin this year to see the Christmas lights, they look amazing! :D

Here in Waterford, some of the lights are up already, but most will be up and lit fairly soon! We also always have a carousel in the middle of the town which is so so so cool! It makes everything seem so Christmassy and just generally lovely! :)

Found some pictures from Christmas in Waterford on Google!

xmas-lights.jpg

normal_5D_MG_0068.jpg

72399964_f9175808d4.jpg

2df3e685406c418dfe5967eaac4194fa.jpg

Yupik wrote: »
    I'm SO going to travel to Dublin this year to see the Christmas lights, they look amazing! :D

Here in Waterford, some of the lights are up already, but most will be up and lit fairly soon! We also always have a carousel in the middle of the town which is so so so cool! It makes everything seem so Christmassy and just generally lovely! :)

Found some pictures from Christmas in Waterford on Google!

MG]

oh my god Waterford lights are beautiful! The Cork ones are so lame in comparison!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

leahyl wrote: »
    oh my god Waterford lights are beautiful! The Cork ones are so lame in comparison!

Yeah! It's one thing I really like about the city, they put a lot of effort into Christmas! The city council organises a month long Christmas fair too, selling home made products and Christmas food! It's so amazing! :D

I'll post some pics of this year's light and carousel when they get turned on/come to Waterford!! :)

Ooh, pretty!! :):)

• Advertisement

As most people have seen, the Grafton St lights are being switched on this Friday at 6pm, not 5pm as originally advertised on the Dublin at Christmas website. :)

Advertisement