Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Serious want for a new cab the last few weeks. Really miss having a two player SF2 setup. The Aero was great but it was just too big.

Kind of veering towards a Domy Jr!

Wow, that's gorgeous!
    domy%2B%25283%2529.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 34,697 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

geotrig wrote: »
    if you can find one :(, would love one myself but the orangy colouring has always been my least favorite ,well that and the orangy on the naomi's

Yeah I thought they were fairly rare alright but I see Ronnie has had a few in over the last few months. Might give him a shout and just see how much he's charging and put myself on a waiting list.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wow, that's gorgeous!

I love that 'massive curved CRT that can barely fit in a tiny cab' look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

yeah it'll be interesting to see what he is charging for them , at least there is a few about now before there was near on nowt

Master of the Universe

If you can go back in time to 2009 he was selling one for 729 euro :eek:

http://www.arcadebelgium.net/t2549-for-sale-konami-domy-jr-jamma-cabinet

Oh how times have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

It has space invaders / lunar rescue / colony7 / Qix and phoenix

60 in 1 ?
    Cabinet looks a bit tall or something, maybe its the photo.

EDIT : Arcade Legends board

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder how much a recreated Robotron cab would cost me?
    As I've said before the Candy just doesn't get any use at all.
    Might have more chance of being played as a Robotron cab, or a multi-Williams/Midway effort instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I'd cut that huge top and convert it into an atari or nintendo cabaret type cab. would look tidier too. 650 is a lot for a bulky non original cab though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭geotrig

last robotron I remember seeing was in the region of £1500 at least ,may have been more

BGOllie wrote: »
    I'd cut that huge top and convert it into an atari or nintendo cabaret type cab. would look tidier too. 650 is a lot for a bulky non original cab though

Can you expand on that Ollie?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I think he means cut the big scumbag peaked cap off the Space Invaders cab? :pac:

yep. cut the top off altogether along the black line, and wither redo the side art work or get some wood veneer vinyl (see the attachment)
    Granted you'd lose the lit up marquee but it'll be a lot more tidy and considering where the monitor is and how it's angled there's no reason for most of that upper top section.

There's a few options as to shape size you could copy
    X5qR0J3.jpg

Speaking of Orange related items this arrived today from Olly!

mlnuit.jpg

Master of the Universe

:eek:

That one of that big haul that was for sale on AO?

Speaking of Orange related items this arrived today from Olly!

mlnuit.jpg

Number 2 isn't it?
    I thought you'd only be after the silverball now......

• Registered Users Posts: 1 borty

Hello to the boards!

I actually joined up a few months ago and made a few posts, but forgot the password. This time I wrote it down!

I came across this on jammaplus and it blew my mind!

..................jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14177&title=tri-rez-upgrade-hotd-test

(cant post a full link because I'm a new user, but I'm sure you can fill it in)

The idea of a Naomi cabinet with a full control panel AND guns?! Sounds ideal to save space. And that update was from 2004, so maybe it would be easier now?

I'd actually try and contact the guy in the UK, but importing is last resort. Would anyone here have a similar cabinet? Or be able to throw one together?

Would be seriously, seriously, seriously interested in getting one of them!

Any info/tips/offers??

o1s1n wrote: »
    :eek:

That one of that big haul that was for sale on AO?

Yeah, this is the second, like them in pairs ;) stripped it down earlier waiting on a few bits now to jamma it. Not sure what theme to go for this time. Still loving the silverball too but waiting on parts/time there also...too many projects not enough time !

So, new RPi out today, the Raspberry Pi 3 B+
    Info on the changes here,
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-model-bplus-sale-now-35/

Here's a link to the store
    https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/raspberry-pi/products/raspberry-pi-3-b-plus

I've one ordered, for the cab, and looking forward to seeing what performance improvements are to be had with the more demanding titles, like Progear via MAME and the PSP emu, Locoroco runs almost fine, but is choppy at times, hopefully the new Pi will make it a smoother experience.

Anyone else picking one up?

borty wrote: »
    Hello to the boards!

I actually joined up a few months ago and made a few posts, but forgot the password. This time I wrote it down!

I came across this on jammaplus and it blew my mind!

..................jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14177&title=tri-rez-upgrade-hotd-test

(cant post a full link because I'm a new user, but I'm sure you can fill it in)

The idea of a Naomi cabinet with a full control panel AND guns?! Sounds ideal to save space. And that update was from 2004, so maybe it would be easier now?

I'd actually try and contact the guy in the UK, but importing is last resort. Would anyone here have a similar cabinet? Or be able to throw one together?

Would be seriously, seriously, seriously interested in getting one of them!

Any info/tips/offers??

Welcome, a few candy cabs knocking around here alright.
    You could probably convert a standard wooden cabinet also to use guns.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Yeah, this is the second, like them in pairs ;)

If you ever see any more going, giz a shout! :) Would love to have a go at converting one to Jamma. Sounds like a fun project.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So, new RPi out today, the Raspberry Pi 3 B+
    Info on the changes here,
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-3-model-bplus-sale-now-35/

Here's a link to the store
    https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/raspberry-pi/products/raspberry-pi-3-b-plus

I've one ordered, for the cab, and looking forward to seeing what performance improvements are to be had with the more demanding titles, like Progear via MAME and the PSP emu, Locoroco runs almost fine, but is choppy at times, hopefully the new Pi will make it a smoother experience.

Anyone else picking one up?

It's more a revision of the existing Rpi 3b. But can't complain about better wifi, ethernet and slight speed boost for same price.
    To be honest I'm more interested in the increased stability while running for extended times without dropping the speed etc.

Feck, they cancelled my order due to lack of stock, I'll have to wait a while I guess

Actually, they qualified it by saying it was the Parcel Motel that they objected to :(

That was Pimoroni, I'm going to try PiHut instead

Odd thing.
    Finally got to try out the RPi3B+ and... nothing with my RPi3 card inserted at all.
    Tried the setup again with my existing RPi3 and it works fine.
    Any ideas what's the issue?
    I would have imagined they were interchangeable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭Doge

Odd thing.
    Finally got to try out the RPi3B+ and... nothing with my RPi3 card inserted at all.
    Tried the setup again with my existing RPi3 and it works fine.
    Any ideas what's the issue?
    I would have imagined they were interchangeable

I would flash something else on another SD card like kodi, Libre elec or retro pie just to be sure it boots.

Doge wrote: »
    I would flash something else on another SD card like kodi, Libre elec or retro pie just to be sure it boots.

Apparently, this
    https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/16929/rpi-3b-won-t-boot-up-with-retropie

Yeah Retropie won't work yet on 3b+

Master of the Universe

Any ideas how to make this one unit??

IMG_20180321_193539334.jpg

Thats class,
    You need to bring them to a proper cabinet maker and do them justice,
    I'd add a lump of iron to the bottom to give it some heft.
    Maybe put an up and over coin door on the front and tmold it?
    Get the coin buttons to light up etc and put a start button on top?
    also get the metal style cable cover!!!!!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Some great ideas there!

There's an extra controller port wired to the back of the pedal as you have to press a button to get passed the PS2's gun calibration when Time Crisis 2/3 and Crisis Zone start. (Connects up to a Megadrive pad) - Would be cool to have a lit up start button for that instead.

Advertisement