Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late to the Party Thread

• 20-10-2011 8:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭

All conversation relating to the LTTP league will be held in here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Woo.

I've got Mark Ingram and Greg Olsen (#6 ranked tight end) for trade for a good receiver if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Syferus wrote: »

I see you were questioning the the Brandon Marshall for Steve Smith trade in another thread, it was soon deleted so I'm assuming it was meant for this thread. My reasoning behind the trade.
      Taking away week 1, when the Panthers were somewhat of an unknown quantity and took the league by surprise, Smith has averaged 10-11 pts a week compared to Marshall's 9-10 pts a week so no major difference there.
      I didn't like having both Newton and Smith in my starting line up, it made me too reliant on Newton having a good game. Also defenses have had time to analyse the offense and the effects can be seen in the diminishing numbers Newton has put up in recent weeks.
      Smith is getting targeted less and less as the weeks go on, currently averaging 9 per game but I expect that to drop further, Marshall is the only decent receiver at Miami and is being targeted over 10 times a game.
      Kilque had offered a trade earlier in the week, while looking over it I realised I play Kilque in week 9, when I have Megatron, Newton, and S.Smith all on a bye. I would be struggling for depth at WR that week, by trading for Marshall ensures I wont have any major bye week problems for the remainder of the season, it also meant I wouldn't face Smith when our match up came along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Willing to trade any of my RB's for decent offers at QB or WR -

Willis McGahee
    Steven Jackson
    Daniel Thomas

Willing to trade any of my RB's for decent offers at QB or WR -

Willis McGahee
    Steven Jackson
    Daniel Thomas

Whats wrong with Eli? Plus Big Ben has a favourable matchup this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Top of the league baby :D

My best players on bye weeks :(

• Advertisement

Being kicked around by Cunning stunts in the early encounters this week (the same dependable AP is killing me in this league). Time for Tebow to break off a 40 point game, right?

Another solid performance, averaging over 110pts per week, should be on top of the league on Tues.

Squeaky bum time!!! I'm leading by 3.7 pts going into MNF, I have McCoy and Avant and my opponent has Vick. I'm Projected to win by 0.06pts.

The LTTP standings as they, err, stand:

LTTPWeek7Standings2011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Massive game this week as my First Time Sh1tly's take on the One Handed Grabs in a 2nd versus 3rd match.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Massive game this week as my First Time Sh1tly's take on the One Handed Grabs in a 2nd versus 3rd match.

High scoring game which finished 140-110. Asomugha Island now stands alone at the top on 7-1 with us two in behind at 6-2. First Time Sh1tly play AI in the 2nd last game of the season.

High scoring game which finished 140-110. Asomugha Island now stands alone at the top on 7-1 with us two in behind at 6-2. First Time Sh1tly play AI in the 2nd last game of the season.

Man that game was a sickener really. The Bears going mad on defence and Sproles getting beaten by 16 odd points by Reggie Feckin Bush killed me.

I get you in the playoffs :cool:

After my non-drafting let to a flat-lining 0-3 start I've managed to go 5-3 since, and I'm on a three win streak. I'm feeling good about sneaking into the play-offs and making a stab at defending my (very coveted) championship..!

Regular season final standings:

RegularSeasonFinalStandingsLTTP2011.jpg

The top eight teams go to the playoff quarter-finals this weekend and the four remaining teams are on byes before the consolation semi-finals start in week 16.

I'd have scheduled the consolation to run in weeks 15-16 if I had the option to but to my knowledge it's just automatically set based on how you set up the playoffs. Let's call it a cruel, cruel punishment for finishing the season in the dustbin, shall we? ;)

Last year it was only the top 4 going into a semis? :confused:

Last year it was only the top 4 going into a semis? :confused:

By going to a 12-team league leaving it at four teams would have made it incredably diffcult to make the playoffs in a single division league so it made sense to me that the playoffs needed to increase to either six or eight-team playoffs.

I asked for opinions on what to do with the playoffs and I said I favored an eight team playoff because it meant no dead air of byes for any team between the regular season and the playoffs, and that it'd help keep alot of people in the race for the playoffs until the last week of the regular season. I figured it'd also help ward against players not being active as even a poor start - in a shortened league - wouldn't be enough to make their toils irrelevant. No one opposed it so I went ahead with it.

If people don't like it we can switch to six (or even four if that's what you'd all prefer), but there's not much that can be done this season.

Fair enough. Thought it was just the top 4 :pac:

One Handed Grabs Vs Cunning Stunts looks like it could come down to the last play of MNF.

One Handed Grabs has a 5.46 pt lead with Antonio Brown left to play whereas Cunning Stunts has Mike Wallace. A late TD catch from either would probably win the matchup.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    One Handed Grabs Vs Cunning Stunts looks like it could come down to the last play of MNF.

One Handed Grabs has a 5.46 pt lead with Antonio Brown left to play whereas Cunning Stunts has Mike Wallace. A late TD catch from either would probably win the matchup.

Yeah hopefully Brown can do the business for me, he's been at least on par with Wallace for the last few weeks so hopefully they get in and around the same tonight.

I'd be happy to make the semis at this stage, with my top 3 original draft picks (McFadden, Forte and Britt) all injured and me being the worst person ever at playing WR roulette (TB Williams over Burleson being the shocking call this week)

TB Williams' stats have actually improved a bit recently, but Saturday was shocking, I cant recall him even being targeted. I started Tony Gonzalez over Hernandez expecting a big day against the Jags (1 catch for 14yards), only for Hernandez to pick up 20+ points.

• Advertisement

Final's this week :D

Surprised to see Asomugha Island lose out in the semis. I'll be Rodgersless for the final though :(

Final's this week :D

Surprised to see Asomugha Island lose out in the semis. I'll be Rodgersless for the final though :(

The team who beat me has been inactive for the whole year. I would've taken my 118pts before the week, my only mistake was not playing Lions Defense.

Great win. Needing Cruz, Bradshaw and Bryant to put up 40 points for me to win, they do that within 2 mins of the 2nd half starting and it was a stroll to victory after that!

So I've reactivated the league - same as last year barring desire for change, the draft will be between Week 2's and Week 3's games and if any of the returning players can claim their teams here or by PM it'd be much appreciated. I'll fire off some PMs in the coming days so everyone's aware:

Paper Mice -Syferus [Confirmed]

Horsebox Hazers -

Ashbrook Armadilloes -

Cunning Stunts -

The Klique -

Vince Wilfork You Up -

One Handed Grabs -

First Time ****ly -

The Skinheads -

Supercharged -

The Wildcats -

Asomugha island -

Roll of honour:
    2010 Champions - Paper Mice
    2011 Champions - First Time ****ly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Ashbrook Armadillos back for more punishment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'm going to opt out of this lads if someone wants to take my spot (Supercharged). In far too many leagues at the minute.

So feel free to boot me legue GM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Horsebox Hazers in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

I'm going to opt out of this lads if someone wants to take my spot (Supercharged). In far too many leagues at the minute.

So feel free to boot me legue GM. :)

Yeah I'd like to take part in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Guffy

i'll take a spot if its available depending on draft date

As it stands:

Horsebox Hazers - Adamcp898 [Confirmed]
    Ashbrook Armadilloes - Spongey1975 [Confirmed]
    Cunning Stunts - Hulk Hands
    The Klique -Raven136
    Vince Wilfork You Up -
    One Hand Grabs - SSK
    First Time ****ly - SantryRed
    The Skinheads - Adam
    Supercharged - UnitedIrishman [Out]
    The Wildcats - Frisbee [Confimed]
    Asomugha island - Bukman13

And UnitedIrishman's withdrawal means that Onecoolcookie has been added to the league. Check the PM I fired off for details on how to join, Onecoolcookie! gufc21, you're first reserve so if any of the other returning payers can't participate you're in.

First time sh1tly for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

The Klique is confirmed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Cunning stunts confirmed

My first Boards post in months, didn't have time to enter the main Boards leagues but would like to confirm the entry of perennial playoff contenders One Handed Grabs to the league for this year :D

• Advertisement

I'll play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anymore word on this?

Been contacting the people who haven't responded yet. Going to fire off an email to the league and anyone left behind by the weekend will be gone.

I was about to set the draft provisionally for next Wendesday, 20th of September, at 9pm. Again if it doesn't suit I'm fully willing to switch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Hello folks, I'd love to get another league on board this year. If there was a spot in this one I'd be very interested and very grateful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Guffy

That should suit me if there is a spot

• Advertisement

*19th of September!

The draft is this Wednesday at 9pm regardless. Hopefully that didn't confuse matters too much.

Syferus wrote: »
    *19th of September!

The draft is this Wednesday at 9pm regardless. Hopefully that didn't confuse matters too much.
    Once again lads if there's any room send us a pm would love in on this!

Returning superstars:

Horsebox Hazers - Adamcp898 [Confirmed]
    Ashbrook Armadilloes - Spongey1975 [Confirmed]
    Cunning Stunts - Hulk Hands [Confimed]
    The Klique - Raven136 [Confimed]
    Vince Wilfork You Up -
    One Hand Grabs - SSK [Confimed]
    First Time ****ly - SantryRed [Confimed]
    The Skinheads - Adam
    The Wildcats - Frisbee [Confimed]
    Asomugha island - Bukman13 [Confimed]

Loveable newbies:

Onecoolcookie - Cookie's Cowboys

That leaves Vince Wilfork You Up (whose boards.ie username I'm not 100% on because the search function now seems to leave out half the posts I need when I search under 'lttp' and 'late to the party') and Adam. At this point it seems likely both will have to be removed. That'd mean gufc and curry-muff (who PM'd me on the 12th about a place) would get those places.

At the moment it looks like you might be the odd-man out minty but if it's a situation where we need an extra body to allow you in I'll try to find someone.

Keep 9pm Wednesday open anyways!

No problem, Cheers , will do :)

Is it possible to do the draft on the iPad app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Is it possible to do the draft on the iPad app?

Nope. Their app is sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Looking forward to this now. The only draft that I won't be relying on fecking auto-draft for this year!

Three invites sent out to the above people - we still need one more person to fill the league out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Joined, thanks for taking me on :D

Ok, we still need one more player, and we need them urgently!

• Advertisement
Advertisement