Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm - Keypad replacement

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am trying to figure out exactly where the mains was applied to here.
    I doubt its only one component blown,
    Does it smell healthy.?:D
    Also arn't HKC on their annual exodus?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

Spring break, same as every year. Still have tech support available if needed so does not make any difference to most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭kub

Powered up a RKP with mains :confused:. Is he taking the Micheal or what? Or is it a fools day lark?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was wondering that myself. Would there be much of the keypad left?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 terry54

Lads i sourced another keypad and with the display cracked and i removed the regulator from it and soldered it onto the new keypad and it worked so tks for all your help.

• Advertisement

terry54 wrote: »
    Lads i sourced another keypad and with the display cracked and i removed the regulator from it and soldered it onto the new keypad and it worked so tks for all your help.

Thanks for getting back to us, any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 holding in there

Are keypads from 8/12 panel compatible with 10/70 system?
    Thanking u in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Are keypads from 8/12 panel compatible with 10/70 system?
    Thanking u in advance

No, different systems completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Llamedos

Do I need to source a HKC unit if I need to replace mine or are keypads generic?

Keypads off the older systems will not work with the Securewave 10270

• Advertisement
Advertisement