Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NaNoWriMo 2011!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

I have done 12,500 regard that as an achievement.
    Cannot find a balance between overcritical and utter ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭angie16ab

got to my 50,000 words yesterday :D still have around 30,000 to go before im finished my story though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Laziness has meant I've fallen behind. I need to write about 5000 words a day until the end of this month to make it. I'm still optimistic about getting there. This is the most I've ever written and I'm still a little surprised that I've written the amount I have and that the plot is still holding together.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've been really sick the last 3 days so haven't written anything. I've given myself a new deadline to complete the book. It's my 33rd birthday on the 7th of next month so I'm going to try to have the whole draft finished while I'm 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Hrududu wrote: »
    Laziness has meant I've fallen behind. I need to write about 5000 words a day until the end of this month to make it. I'm still optimistic about getting there. This is the most I've ever written and I'm still a little surprised that I've written the amount I have and that the plot is still holding together.

Hardcore it, you'll get there!

I, on the other hand, am officially tapping out of this mo'fo. All of my college deadlines seem to have come at once, so a last minute sprint isn't going to happen. Dang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Bam! 50,054 words as of a few moments ago.

Tragically, I'm less than half way finished the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

25,000 words. None of them usable. I tried to turn of my inner critic but what I have written is rubbish. It is nearly gibberish.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I got to just shy of 65k, which I'm a bit disappointed with. I'm on tablets that are making me feel pretty crap and my attention span is shot to pieces so I'm just managing short bursts of writing and completely losing my train of thought whenever I get distracted. Which is often at the moment. Both from having other things to do and feeling unwell.

Still though, more or less 65k in a month isn't bad going. I've just finished a part of the book that was starting to feel insurmountable and I think I'm on the last third (or even quarter) of the book, so hopefully it will be downhill from here.

There is even a line or two in there that I don't hate. All in all it's been a great experience. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

50,256 and I'm frickin' delighted. I left a hefty portion of it until the last few days and was sure I wouldn't reach the 50k mark.

The draft is rough and there are so many things to change and polish, but Lord that was a fun month. The one thing I was worried about was being able to write something of any length. I was convinced I'd get to 5000 words and be all "The End."

So yeah, learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Advertisement