Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freebie list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,830 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Entonces wrote: »
    got this yesterday thanks - the gf did give me some funny looks though as have no baby and none on the way :-)

lol,

i guess she will be eating mashed, stewed & blended food next time you are making dinner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

TLDR - Click Here, scroll down to choose item, and Select a Hub close to your Town.

Get a free 'Marvin' printed Keyring.
    55OmJMv.jpg?1

It's free because of a promotion for a 3Dhubs (A Dutch Startup Company), The principle idea of the site, it is that people with a 3D printer, print objects for those who need something, but do not have a 3D printer. Everything is based on the community, and requiring it to grow, and that is the reason for this promotion. (As with most promotions..)

Normally, we choose the file we want, send it, and it will directly give the price on the basis of the tariffs applied (to the cm3 of material) by the print-hubs closest to us.

For this promotion, Visit THIS PAGE scroll down and choose the 'Marvin' from, "Free 3D print to get you started!" - Next choose your Town or City, and follow the instructions.
    It should appear as €0.00 after the Cost and Post have been reduced.
    4sl3xoT.jpg?1
    See the Printer, meet the maker.
    More information about this and other projects here - http://www.3dhubs.com/

I think it's pretty cool, and could come in very handy to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

http://www.vichy.ie/Articles/Idealia-Life-Serum-Home/a20109.aspx
    Don't know if it's posted already but found it on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Allyall wrote: »
    TLDR - Click Here, scroll down to choose item, and Select a Hub close to your Town.

Get a free 'Marvin' printed Keyring.
    55OmJMv.jpg?1

It's free because of a promotion for a 3Dhubs (A Dutch Startup Company), The principle idea of the site, it is that people with a 3D printer, print objects for those who need something, but do not have a 3D printer. Everything is based on the community, and requiring it to grow, and that is the reason for this promotion. (As with most promotions..)

Normally, we choose the file we want, send it, and it will directly give the price on the basis of the tariffs applied (to the cm3 of material) by the print-hubs closest to us.

For this promotion, Visit THIS PAGE scroll down and choose the 'Marvin' from, "Free 3D print to get you started!" - Next choose your Town or City, and follow the instructions.
    It should appear as €0.00 after the Cost and Post have been reduced.
    4sl3xoT.jpg?1
    See the Printer, meet the maker.
    More information about this and other projects here - http://www.3dhubs.com/

I think it's pretty cool, and could come in very handy to know about.

Cool idea. I think might order it and see how it goes. I can give an update on the finished product if anyone is interested in how it turns out?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

cat_dog wrote: »

It says "Max particpants reached" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

Cool idea. I think might order it and see how it goes. I can give an update on the finished product if anyone is interested in how it turns out?! :)

did you do this? It is trying to charge me €3 for postage after i submitted my order and it got accepted.

Altho the comment on the thing from the printer says its posted in bubble wrap, despite it being stuck at the "Payment" step. Will probably just ignore it, let it get cancelled after 48 hours - did this happen to you too tho?

CyCaboose wrote: »
    did you do this? It is trying to charge me €3 for postage after i submitted my order and it got accepted.

Altho the comment on the thing from the printer says its posted in bubble wrap, despite it being stuck at the "Payment" step. Will probably just ignore it, let it get cancelled after 48 hours - did this happen to you too tho?

I did order it, but have heard nothing back - Zilch :(

I have a strange feeling the promotion might be finished. Will update if I hear something in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CyCaboose

I did order it, but have heard nothing back - Zilch :(

I have a strange feeling the promotion might be finished. Will update if I hear something in the meantime

this is what the invoice shows now (didn't when i placed the order last night, just said €0)

Subtotal € 8,28
    Taxes & fees € 1,50
    Free Marvin! -€ 9,78
    Shipping € 3,00
    Total € 3,00

this is what the invoice shows now (didn't when i placed the order last night, just said €0)

Subtotal € 8,28
    Taxes & fees € 1,50
    Free Marvin! -€ 9,78
    Shipping € 3,00
    Total € 3,00

UPDATE: I received the following re my order:

"Unfortunately, this hub is unable to print free marvin orders at this time. Please select another hub nearby. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Looks like I'll have to order from elsewhere :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Mine is on the way, chap in limerick was very nice. Offered to post it out to me and is sending me a second one in a different colour as the original didnt release from the mould perfectly.

phill106 wrote: »
    Mine is on the way, chap in limerick was very nice. Offered to post it out to me and is sending me a second one in a different colour as the original didnt release from the mould perfectly.

I've since ordered off a hub in Dublin; checked the status of my order this AM after getting a text to make 'payment' - looked at the fees breakdown and I'm also being charged 3euro for shipping :rolleyes:

Feel like cancelling the whole thing tbh. Seems like you got a nice hub phill106. It's a really cool concept, no denying that :) Wish I had a Marvin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

I got charged a euro for postage, paid it, arrived the next day, popped it on the keys and it fell off within 10 mins, currently rumbling around in the glove box, it does look and feel pretty cool tho

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭queenm79

Mine is also looking for €3 euro postage. That isn't free.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

you can get it for free if you're willing to collect it from the hub, just leave a comment saying this and they'll remove the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I've since ordered off a hub in Dublin; checked the status of my order this AM after getting a text to make 'payment' - looked at the fees breakdown and I'm also being charged 3euro for shipping :rolleyes:

Feel like cancelling the whole thing tbh. Seems like you got a nice hub phill106. It's a really cool concept, no denying that :) Wish I had a Marvin :(

. I am also going to include another marvin for free, this one is in lum green. Reason being I could not cleanly remove the support material from your orange ABS version. Hope this is OK for you. Feel free to browse through thingiverse.com to see if anything else grabs you.

Thanks
    www.3dprintme.ie
    info@3dprintme.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

A free comic each day for 20 days
    http://comixology.tumblr.com/summerreading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Free Hand Roll from Yo Sushi
    You Sushi are offering a free hand roll to anyone who signs up to their Love Club and makes Japan their "Team Two". If you are already a member, you just enter your email address on the sign up form.

There is a link on the left hand side of the homepage http://www.yosushi.com/

Here is a direct link to sign up form: http://www.teamtwo.yosushi.com/

You should receive an email titled "YO! Sushi: Japan is your #TEAMTWO" and contains the following text:

"Thanks for supporting Japan – you're a true YO! fan.To celebrate, we are giving you a free hand roll of your choice to enjoy at YO! Sushi.With over 200 variations to try – which one will you choose?Just show us your unique code at the top of this email on your phone, laptop or old fashioned paper to claim this offer.Go Blue Samurai! "

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Offer is one free hand roll. Offer is valid all day, every day until 29th June 2014 inclusive. Offer is valid at any UK YO! Sushi restaurant. One voucher per person, per meal and your voucher can only be redeemed once (don't get greedy now). Offer valid only when you present this voucher on your phone, laptop or on old fashioned paper when paying your bill. Voucher only entitles the voucher holder to a discount. Offer not transferable or available in conjunction with another offer (e.g. our Blue Mondays or Student discount) and there is no cash alternative. YO! Sushi Manager's decision is final.
    lorweld wrote: »
    Free Hand Roll from Yo Sushi
    You Sushi are offering a free hand roll to anyone who signs up to their Love Club and makes Japan their "Team Two". If you are already a member, you just enter your email address on the sign up form.

There is a link on the left hand side of the homepage http://www.yosushi.com/

Here is a direct link to sign up form: http://www.teamtwo.yosushi.com/

You should receive an email titled "YO! Sushi: Japan is your #TEAMTWO" and contains the following text:

"Thanks for supporting Japan – you're a true YO! fan.To celebrate, we are giving you a free hand roll of your choice to enjoy at YO! Sushi.With over 200 variations to try – which one will you choose?Just show us your unique code at the top of this email on your phone, laptop or old fashioned paper to claim this offer.Go Blue Samurai! "

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭yr one

Offer is one free hand roll. Offer is valid all day, every day until 29th June 2014 inclusive. Offer is valid at any UK YO! Sushi restaurant. One voucher per person, per meal and your voucher can only be redeemed once (don't get greedy now). Offer valid only when you present this voucher on your phone, laptop or on old fashioned paper when paying your bill. Voucher only entitles the voucher holder to a discount. Offer not transferable or available in conjunction with another offer (e.g. our Blue Mondays or Student discount) and there is no cash alternative. YO! Sushi Manager's decision is final.

Do they post? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

yr one wrote: »
    Do they post? :)

It includes the 2 Dublin restaurants as well (Dundrum and the one in town).

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Doesn't include Dundrum, i went in and they said UK only

• Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Well you were able to select the 2 DUblin stores in the drop down list.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

I know but they told me that was an error and you can't avail of the offer in Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

http://www.meatlust.com/getsample

Use BT11AA for postcode, and enter IRELAND on last line of address.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

I never get anything using BT11AA !

tharmor wrote: »
    I never get anything using BT11AA !

Really? Always works a charm for me, even stuff I've paid for from eBay or Amazon that has free UK postage. Always gets here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Really? Always works a charm for me, even stuff I've paid for from eBay or Amazon that has free UK postage. Always gets here.

Really?
    So no Parcel Motel for you?

• Advertisement

frash wrote: »
    Really?
    So no Parcel Motel for you?

Nope, only used it once to try it and wasn't impressed with it. Customer Service was pretty shocking also.

Advertisement