Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the British Army

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DylanOByrne

His last post was 5 years ago Dylan. i wouldn't be holding my breath for an answer.

Just out of interest i tried the Belfast number and got an engaged tone. Then i tried the Coleraine office and it rang

The same happened me with Belfast number. I must try Coleraine. Really what I want to know is someone like myself who is from the south able to apply for a commissioned role in regiments other than the royal Irish or Irish guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

The same happened me with Belfast number. I must try Coleraine. Really what I want to know is someone like myself who is from the south able to apply for a commissioned role in regiments other than the royal Irish or Irish guards.

With an Army as diverse as the BA, it's a good idea to have a firm grasp on what you WANT to do. The so-called Teeth Arms include infantry like the Royal Irish, The Parachute Regiment and all the other line infantry regiments, of which there are many, the Royal Artillery and the Corps of Royal Engineers - all of which have a direct role in combat.

I've known Irish officers from the Republic all of them.

There are also many other places to find a niche, again, depending on what you see yourself actually doing. To find THAT out, you are going to have to make contact with the BA careers information office in NI - the subject is simply too big to offer you any real information as it is.

What are YOUR interests? What did you study or are you studying at college/university? What have YOU to offer the BA?

Becoming an officer in the BA is a two-way thing.

tac

Advertisement