Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freddy Mercury Biography

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

This is the result of many years of research, several interviews with the man himself and a passionate love for the music of Queen.

If you didn't enjoy it I suggest listening to Scatman John's Scatman.

It's actually Freddy scatting and it's pretty incredible. Freddy is actually renowned for his scatting. On his deathbed, Scatman John bequeathed his entire fortune to Freddy. While Freddy appreciated the gesture, he refused it, thereby stopping Scatman John's children from starving. You might say it was a rerun of Live Aid, only with 45% more passion.

There are a lot of false allegation and misrepresentations of Freddy's life out there. Don't believe the hype (p.s., Freddy wrote a song of the same name for public enemy. He does an amazing Flava Flav impression on the recording. Unfortunately Flava was on crack when the recording was to take place. It's actually fortunate when you think about it as the song is infinitely better with Freddy on it).

I've been working on several more biographies but unfortunately no one is willing to give me the same exclusive access for extensive 12 hour interviews as Freddy has.

Could you do a second volume that investigates the popularity and decline of the "Freddie Mercury Moustache". A cultural icon that just begs for further examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Dotrel wrote: »
    Could you do a second volume that investigates the popularity and decline of the "Freddie Mercury Moustache". A cultural icon that just begs for further examination.

Decline?
    I think not.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/lievremont-slams-players-as-spoiled-brats-20111016-1lr9m.html

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

Freddy is renowned for his sporting knowledge and also for his sporting know how and in some circles he is very well known for his discernment of sporting information.

Recently Freddy has been branching out from the tree of music towards the tree of sport. He took a new job as manager of the French rugby team and has excelled and indeed gone from strength to strength on this tree of sporting accomplishment.

I'd imagine it won't be long before him and his French compatriots are singing his classic song, “We Will be the Champions”.

http://www.france24.com/en/files/imagecache/aef_ct_wire_image_lightbox/images/afp/photo_1318274684748-1-0.jpg?1318616320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

OP is clearly missing out on some of Freddy Queen's most significant works - National anthems for Republic of the Ireland, Mali, Belgium and Egypt to name but them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

OP is it true that Freddy invented braces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This is astounding! It's almost like you were his closest friend. Please tell me there's a book on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Always laughed at Queen, thought they were sh1t for years but as I matured I think they are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

ottostreet wrote: »
    Has noone really spotted that this is clearly a pisstake? Really?

What sound does a golf swing make?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

my goodness the op thought it was so funny he posted it on the music forum as well. Must check the spoons and forks forum as well - it might be there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

my goodness the op thought it was so funny he posted it on the music forum as well. Must check the spoons and forks forum as well - it might be there as well.

Have a gander in the Royalty forum while you're at it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Have a gander in the Royalty forum while you're at it.

Also check the Transition Metals forum after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Mr Mercury did love art however especially the artist Richard Dadd and wrote this song about his favourite painting. Not a very well known queen song but one of my favourites. The song describes what the painting is about

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I bet he was really pissed off when the rest of the band made a much publicised and expensive state visit to Ireland a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What did Freddie's Ma say at his burial?

"That's the cleanest hole he ever went into!"

*tumbleweed*
    *bells tolling*
    *crickets*

I'll leave now :(

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Nforce wrote: »
    Err..he was born in Zanzibar.

"Freddy “Queen” Mercury was born at a very young age in England"

As opposed to being born at a very old age ala Benjamin Button?
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    WTF is this sh1t!?! :eek::eek::eek:
    hondasam wrote: »
    Freddie died in November 1991, unless he is still alive he did not work with some of the artists mentioned, unless lady gaga was singing when she was 5yrs.
    Freddie and queen were one of the best bands ever.

Your stupidity has no bounds. Honestly can't tell if I'm the one being trolled here or not? No hope for humanity honestly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I've heard no mention of the fact that he shagged Kajagoogoo despite them being too shy and furthermore was solely responsible for turning Vince Clarke gay after he just couldn't get enough, which subsequently lead to the formation of Erasure who he only sometimes shagged.

Add to that his obvious influence on Bronski Beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Queen were s hit.
    Leave now and we'll give you a 5 min head start.

Guys, go get the dogs.

Advertisement