Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freddy Mercury Biography

Options
  • 17-10-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Freddy “Queen” Mercury – A Biography

Freddy “Queen” Mercury was born at a very young age in England. He was well known for having being born in England and before long he founded the band, which would take his nickname, “Queen”. He founded it on his own.

Freddy, or Queen is very well known for his many songs such as, “We Will be the Champions” and “We are Going to Rock You”.

His most famous song is perhaps “Bicycle Races”. Ironically this was initially going to be called “Tricycle Races” but it was changed because Queen felt the world wasn’t ready for his interpretation of tricycles and it would be more harder hitting because tricycles have three wheels and bikes usually have two unless they only have one. “Bicycle Races” is surely one of Freddy’s most hard hitting political songs probably. The bells ringing is said to symbolise the death of the disappeared people in Nicaragua which Queen cared so much about. The deep meaning of the bicycle race is actually about the human race, which is something Freddy felt very deeply about which is why he wrote a deep song about it. This is ironic because Freddy was gay. This may shock some people but having met the man I can safely say that it is only shocking if you didn’t realise he is gay because you didn’t meet the man as did I.

Freddy sometimes worked with other artists such as Bryan May on the song, “The Bohemian Rhapsodies”. Bryan May recorded many of the backing vocals for this song and also some of the violin. It is a little known fact that Queen actually went back into the studio after Bryan May left the studio and rerecorded all of May’s vocals. This is because Queen could do the vocals so much better himself. Freddy never told Bryan May this because he didn’t want to hurt his feelings. The version of “The Bohemian Rhapsodies” you hear today only features Freddy’s vocals. Freddy also overdubbed the violin bit with a viola, in which he was naturally an expert. This is ironic because he never played the instrument.

Freddy was well known to have been knighted by the queens of several countries. The Queen of England knighted him first and many other queens and kings wanted to knight him after that. He was also knighted by all the queens of Denmark, the Netherlands and the Spanish king. This is ironic because he is not Spanish although he has some Spanish blood.

In addition to his “Queen” moniker, Freddy also earned himself the nickname “Mr. Fahrenheit”. This was because of his well renowned and famous education. In the song, “I’m Having Such a Good Time”, he created the lyric, “I’ve 200 degrees, that’s why the call me Mr. Fahrenheit.” Ironically, Freddy had more than 200 degrees. He had 205. He also had several Masters Qualifications and earned a PHD in song writing and guitar playing. This is ironic because he spoke against education in the song, “We Don’t Need No Education.”

Freddy was very well known and also renowned for his human caring and for caring about humans and also people and animals too. He wrote the song, “Fat Bottomed Girls” about girls with fat bottoms in the hope that no one anywhere would die of starvation ever. It is said that Freddy’s experience with fat bottomed girls both in person and through the medium of song inspired him to single handily organise Live Aid in 1986. Through Live Aid Freddy raised several billion pounds and also contributed a much larger sum from his own personal fortune. He is well known for this generosity. He also wrote several songs for U2, Bono, Jon Bon Jovi, AC/DC, INXS and the Spice Girls during this period. Of course he allowed these bands to take full credit for their work but most people knew, even on a subliminal level that Freddy had been writing all these songs all along. He also contributed several viola takes to many classical recordings during this time. There are rumours which still do the rounds today that Freddy actually wrote Beethoven’s Ode to Joy. Of course this is not true, Freddy never wrote this piece, he only improved it greatly in a little spoken about deal arranged by the founding states of the EU when they were looking for an anthem. Freddy was paid handsomely for this work.

Many people today believe that Freddy has retired from the music business. This is ironic because it is not true. Freddy still records and performs. He works as a viola player on classic recordings, a singer, a rapper, a backing singer, a guitarist, a bassist, a drummer, a spoken word artist, a satellite navigation system voice over artist, a percussionist, a piano player and a host of other roles.

A lot of artists have worked with him, including, but not limited too, Lady Gaga, Boyzone, The Backstreet Boys, Take That, Gorillaz, N’Sync, The Rolling Stones, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Megadeath, Sepultura, 50 Cent, P Diddy, Notorious BIG, Ma$e, The White Stripes, Girls Aloud, The Pussycat Dolls, Mos Def, Company Flow, Mobb Deep, 2Pac (before and after ‘Pac’s death), Pete Doherty, Amy Winehouse, Led Zeppelin, Def Leopard, The Who, JLS, The Strokes, NuVibe, Puff Daddy, NWA, Bob Dylan, Amadou and Miriam, Blondie, Christy Moore, DJ Honda, The Carter Twins, Kerry Katona, Outkast, Rage Against the Machine, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Seasick Steve, the Band and many others.

Often if these artists are recording and things aren’t going well the producer will call Freddy to get him to improve things by over dubbing his voice or perhaps his drumming. Usually Freddy is the producer himself, and if he’s not, he should be and they’d never have had those problems to begin with. It is a little known fact that Freddy produced, engineered, recorded, played all the instruments and did all the vocals on every album 50 Cent has ever released. All these songs, although they sound like highly polished tunes mainly done with electronic instruments, synthesisers and samplers, are in fact acoustic masterpieces completely put together by Freddy. If they couldn’t reproduce the electronic sounds using acoustic instruments they just used Freddy’s voice. All of the drum track on “In Da Club” was reproduced using Freddy’s voice, for example. Freddy also did all the artwork for this release, printed the inlay cards, uploaded it all to iTunes personally and distributed the actual albums to every music shop in the world that ever sold a copy of it. 50 Cent is unaware of his involvement. Freddy often travels to 50 Cents' live gigs to help him out.

In summary, Freddy “Queen” Mercury is a well know, famous and renowned music artist with an above average talent for making some of the greatest and most good music ever recorded in the memory of people both living and dead.

Recommended listening:

50 Cent – Get Rich or Die Tryin’
    Beethoven – Ode to Joy
    Queen – Greatest Hits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

How could you possibly write something like Bohemian Rhapsody?

Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

What is this shít?

So many inaccuracies, I dont know where to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Just read that opening post

A waste of 2 minutes of my life

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Music Forum OP?

Or is there something I'm missing. PM me if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

AnamGlas wrote: »
    How could you possibly write something like Bohemian Rhapsody?

Genius.

Couldn't agree more man. Too much credit goes to May though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Err..he was born in Zanzibar.

"Freddy “Queen” Mercury was born at a very young age in England"

As opposed to being born at a very old age ala Benjamin Button?

Nforce wrote: »
    Err..he was born in Zanzibar.

Close enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Gay>posh>music>aids>dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

his real name was robert paulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Queen were s hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

I only recently learned he was actually bisexual and not gay, they seem to be getting more popular now, their music is everywhere, a great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Freddy also wrote "Boom Bang A Bang" for Lulu in the Eurovison and was (uncredited) backup vocal for the Irish entry Terminal 2 in 1984.

cml387 wrote: »
    Freddy also wrote "Boom Bang A Bang" for Lulu in the Eurovison and was (uncredited) backup vocal for the Irish entry Terminal 2 in 1984.

This is doubly ironic because Freddy is well known for being renowned as a huge fan of the Eurovision and Jedward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

A fun read. Hehe. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I wnt to break wind

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭smodgley

ban the OP for life ! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

orourkeda wrote: »
    I wnt to break wind

That was in fact the working title but Brian May had it changed to "I want to break free" because he felt the BBC wouldn't play it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Yeah i had forgotten that Freddy did backing vocals on "Fcuk Tha Police" with NWA

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

WTF is this sh1t!?! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    WTF is this sh1t!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah he wrote that for some rap artist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Freddy “Queen” Mercury was born at a very young age in England. He was well known for having being born in England and before long he founded the band, which would take his nickname, “Queen”. He founded it on his own.

He was born in Zanzibar, not in Englad. I'll assume the bit abotu being born at a very age is correct as I can find no conflicting evidence.

Also, It's FreddIE...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Has noone really spotted that this is clearly a pisstake? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Freddie died in November 1991, unless he is still alive he did not work with some of the artists mentioned, unless lady gaga was singing when she was 5yrs.
    Freddie and queen were one of the best bands ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭paulosham

Farrokh off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

paulosham wrote: »
    Farrokh off!

bulsara!

ottostreet wrote: »
    Has noone really spotted that this is clearly a pisstake? Really?

Having stopped reading after the first three lines, no - I jsut assumed badly written drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

The original post is hilarious. Nice work fella!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Possibly the best celebrity biography I've ever read (and I've read three!).

Well done OP.

This is the result of many years of research, several interviews with the man himself and a passionate love for the music of Queen.

If you didn't enjoy it I suggest listening to Scatman John's Scatman.

It's actually Freddy scatting and it's pretty incredible. Freddy is actually renowned for his scatting. On his deathbed, Scatman John bequeathed his entire fortune to Freddy. While Freddy appreciated the gesture, he refused it, thereby stopping Scatman John's children from starving. You might say it was a rerun of Live Aid, only with 45% more passion.

There are a lot of false allegation and misrepresentations of Freddy's life out there. Don't believe the hype (p.s., Freddy wrote a song of the same name for public enemy. He does an amazing Flava Flav impression on the recording. Unfortunately Flava was on crack when the recording was to take place. It's actually fortunate when you think about it as the song is infinitely better with Freddy on it).

I've been working on several more biographies but unfortunately no one is willing to give me the same exclusive access for extensive 12 hour interviews as Freddy has.

• Advertisement

This is the result of many years of research, several interviews with the man himself and a passionate love for the music of Queen.

If you didn't enjoy it I suggest listening to Scatman John's Scatman.

It's actually Freddy scatting and it's pretty incredible. Freddy is actually renowned for his scatting. On his deathbed, Scatman John bequeathed his entire fortune to Freddy. While Freddy appreciated the gesture, he refused it, thereby stopping Scatman John's children from starving. You might say it was a rerun of Live Aid, only with 45% more passion.

There are a lot of false allegation and misrepresentations of Freddy's life out there. Don't believe the hype (p.s., Freddy wrote a song of the same name for public enemy. He does an amazing Flava Flav impression on the recording. Unfortunately Flava was on crack when the recording was to take place. It's actually fortunate when you think about it as the song is infinitely better with Freddy on it).

I've been working on several more biographies but unfortunately no one is willing to give me the same exclusive access for extensive 12 hour interviews as Freddy has.

You're hired.

Advertisement