Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does McGuinness have any chance given the Indo's campaign against him?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

CDfm wrote: »

Very like George Galloway the UK MP

I've seen Galloway in action, he's no George Galloway.

He put his points calmly, rationally and well argued, no matter what you're politics. He was an opposition TD and given the weak opposition we had he played an important part in raising valid questions, essential in a democracy.

Probably more apt posting it in the Higgins thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Very few people want McGuinness as president apart from a few angry sinn fein/ira supporters scattered around and the few 2nd preferences he will get from Dana supporters he is just about finished.

They also need honest answers from the murderers and those who ordered the killings, they need to name the bombers/shooters and also give all locations bodies are buried.

Yeah, i agree on the above. From all sides would be nice.

Indeed i get the feeling there is a lot more to be discovered about Martin McGuinness, it feels like he wants to be protected by the office of president for when the can of worms bursts open.

He has never spoken about any ira campaign, he does a David Norris whenever asked about the ira and starts talking about the peace process and his lovely Londonderry, the town he loved so well he blew it to hell!

I have never heard Martin call it that. Maybe you can put up one of your famous links. Thks.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

Liam Byrne wrote: »

I agree certain papers and our national broadcaster have acted in a shameful manner. IMO he hasn't gotten a fair crack of the whip.

On the other hand Micheal D hasn't being touched.

What murders and violence do you reckon Michael D should be asked about ?

All the candidates have been quizzed on their past, their opinions and their associations.

If McGun's are more objectionable than others, then he has only himself to blame; it's hardly the media's fault.

Michael D should be asked about the murder of Larry White, remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Wider Road wrote: »
    Liam Byrne wrote: »

I agree certain papers and our national broadcaster have acted in a shameful manner. IMO he hasn't gotten a fair crack of the whip.

On the other hand Micheal D hasn't being touched.

What murders and violence do you reckon Michael D should be asked about ?

All the candidates have been quizzed on their past, their opinions and their associations.

If McGun's are more objectionable than others, then he has only himself to blame; it's hardly the media's fault.

Michael D should be asked about the murder of Larry White, remember?

That's the guy you mentioned elsewhere and misguidinly and tactically failed to mention that his conviction was quashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I gave it a chance and left this thread be, because some posters were mostly sticking to the topic, but again, it's turned into the "General Chat & Discussion" type of thread that so many of these do. It's a shame because a discussion on the media and their input into this election could have been really interesting.

Cheers

DrG

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement