Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking dead season 2 back tonight in usa

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Nah I just feel zombies are a backdrop to the real stories or at least those are my favorite zombie-related books or movies. The people and what happens to them/what they do are the real meat of things. That's just me however. :D

It's so not just you. :)

That's what attracts me to the genre, the apocalyptic nature and how the people involved survive and overcome these circumstances that are so stacked against them - and at times die and fail. Without that, there's nothing but, as Scumlord put it, the gore; and that's not a story, it's not something you can relate to - unless you're a serial killer and you get off on the gore. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

I agree that the 'people stories' are what makes The Walking Dead good. It has the potential to be great though, that's why I'm so frustrated that it hasn't picked up on the more complex characteristics that are in the original storyline of the books. It would be much more interesting. I really really hope that it will pick up. Maybe with the arrival of the new characters it will get better?

Advertisement