Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking dead season 2 back tonight in usa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

was just about to post that here too :) nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

I've got it set to dvr, as I won't be home when it starts. Been seeing commercials for it all weekend (was watching the Stephen King marathon) and I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

What is this being aired on? I have UPC but don't think I'll have the channel this is aired on since its only being aired in the US tonight yes?

In which case any suggestions on how I can view this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

upc will probably have it on FX within the week.

After it airs in the US it usually pops up all over the internet on those sites we must'nt speak of here!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

Been dying (bad pun eh?) for it! The trailer was amazing! Bring it on!

• Advertisement

Just watched it.

:eek:

Oh. My. Hell.

It's intense, was damn near yelling at my TV towards the end. :mad:

Loved it. Wish I could skip to next Sunday, the same way I skipped through the 500 freaking commercials (I'm exaggerating slightly, but there were seriously way too many commercial breaks, probably to make up for not having one for what felt like a half an hour after it started).

Think I'm going to watch it again tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

OK..... spoilers here so I'll tag and let you peak as you'd like to.

Yeah CTL - INTENSE for a great majority of it.
    The first 25 minutes were commercial-less but then they kicked into high gear. That DID kinda suck.
    * The Z's through the cars were cool - but where did they go??
    *How did others not hear Andrea screaming in the camper when she was being attacked? Lucky only 1 got in...
    *Just where is that zombie herd heading???
    *I REALLLY didn't like the church sign/miracle bit but I suppose when you are at your wits end you'll pray to anything...
    *BUT - holy hell - careful what you ask for. Rick got his sign - but not the kind he wanted. I was wondering if they were going to use that part from the comic and YUP they sure as hell did. Wow. Great way to end the episode.
    *Shane and Andrea possibly leaving together is interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

Just funished watching it online, very nerve wrecking. Loved it! Great 1st episode back. Just wished I had like the next few already to watch. Hate waiting a week for it!

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    OK..... spoilers here so I'll tag and let you peak as you'd like to.

Yeah CTL - INTENSE for a great majority of it.
    The first 25 minutes were commercial-less but then they kicked into high gear. That DID kinda suck.
    * The Z's through the cars were cool - but where did they go??
    *How did others not hear Andrea screaming in the camper when she was being attacked? Lucky only 1 got in...
    *Just where is that zombie herd heading???
    *I REALLLY didn't like the church sign/miracle bit but I suppose when you are at your wits end you'll pray to anything...
    *BUT - holy hell - careful what you ask for. Rick got his sign - but not the kind he wanted. I was wondering if they were going to use that part from the comic and YUP they sure as hell did. Wow. Great way to end the episode.
    *Shane and Andrea possibly leaving together is interesting...

Don't read my spoilers, unless you like to cheat. :p
    About the herd - I not only want to know where they're heading, but why? Reminded me of the flocks in Stephen King's Cell; though Id hate for the Walkers to be hive-minded like that.

Yeah, I thought for sure Andrea was a goner, making all that noise, but not a single other Walker was drawn to it - odd. And speaking of Andrea, I so wanted Dale to just give her gun so she could off herself. I found her annoying the entire episode, though I did agree with what she said to Dale about him taking away her choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

just watched it, great episode!
    Would the bell on a timer work though with the power off, or are we to believe it runs off batteries?
    Having read the comics i find the slight differences interesting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

just watched it too. its just as good as i hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Blondy wrecks my head.
    Top yourself already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 johnwatt

Can't wait .... drastically trying to watch all my season 1 blu-ray this week in preparation - great series so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The whole episode had loads of tension and a big improvement on the 1st season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Just watched it, happy, lets hope it continues like this, like honestly, who would have thought the way to make a zombie show better was to actually have zombies in the episode - that writer deserves a raise!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

When is it going to be on TV in Ireland?
    RTE1,2 TV3, SKY channles etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

I watched it last night
    Am I the only one who was a tad dissapointed. After waiting a year I was excpecting a better season opener. The herd was good, however I didnt like the religous elements and praying that came into it, wasted a good bit of air time. Seems to be they are diluting themes or events in the comics. Like the kid getting shot and Grimes talking to jesus instead of a broken phone.

Also even if the bells were run on a battery the place should be crawling with walkers as it was the only noise in the area.

I watched it last night
    Am I the only one who was a tad dissapointed. After waiting a year I was excpecting a better season opener. The herd was good, however I didnt like the religous elements and praying that came into it, wasted a good bit of air time. Seems to be they are diluting themes or events in the comics. Like the kid getting shot and Grimes talking to jesus instead of a broken phone.

Also even if the bells were run on a battery the place should be crawling with walkers as it was the only noise in the area.

Absolutely with you on the religo part Mark. That was very disappointing although the way they brought it back around in a "Be careful what you ask for" kind of thing - at least in terms of the 'sign' Rick was looking for. He sure got one but not what he was hoping for...
    Otherwise I thought it was probably better than any Season 1 episode - that may be just because I was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

I thought the opening episode was epically boring.

What happened in the entire episode?
    One herd of zombies that made absolutly no sense for reasons already stared and two zombies getting smashed with rocks. The rest was "Oh go fu cking kill yourself already" blondie whining, walking around in woods and religion. I'd also add that that bit with yer man from teachers talking on the radio. WTF was that crap. Seriously, nobody, even during the apocalypse, talks like that.

I was hoping the slow pace of season 1 would pick up in season 2 but I am dissapoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Only one episode in, give it a chance!

Sure they have just come from the CDC exploding, they need time to process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Its on FX Friday night at 10pm,not sure when its on RTE etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Cool thanks FX will do.
    Now all i have to do is get the wife to bed early so i can watch it in peace. If not she will talk the whole way through it Like she did with the last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Aiel wrote: »
    Its on FX Friday night at 10pm,not sure when its on RTE etc.

Probablly in around 6 mounths.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Has anyone watched episode two of season two yet? I'm going to rant off about it a bit so I'll put in the spoiler alert. Even though Season One had a different storyline to the comics towards the end, I thought it was interesting, and maybe it was a way to wrap up certain events for TV production. But it's veered off in a totally different direction now.
    I thought Episode 2 was a slow-moving pointless episode. I don't understand why the story line is so different from the comics. It's really frustrating! If they kept it more the same it'd be so much more exciting. I understand it's a different creation, but seriously, the storyline of the show is shyte compared to the storyline in the comics. The only half exciting thing in the episode was at the end when Shane and Otis went for the medical supplies and got locked behind the gate. And even then, the only real tension was that the bolt might not hold. I mean, it's not much of a hanger really, it could have been done a lot better. Also, Hershel is after getting fierce soft altogether. He is meant to be a racist neo-nazi. The characters aren't freaking out as much as they could be, it's very disappointing.

Although I'm raging over it not keeping elements of the comic storyline, I'll probably still keep watching it, hoping it will pick up. Andrea ('Blondie' as ye have been calling her) is meant to be a kick-ass character, it would be good if she stays that way in the show! So far, the only impressive thing is the zombie make-up and Andrew Lincoln's acting. He's a bit of a ride aswell ;)

Episode two was even more godawfully boring then episode one.

I LOVE the genre and was well excited about this series but just like the falling asleep at the wheel carcrash that was Falling Skies I am epically dissapoint in what should have been awesome but just isnt.

I cant see it getting a third season at this rate.

I cant see it getting a third season at this rate.

It's already been picked up for a 3rd season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amc-renews-walking-dead-season-3-249366

Third season already confirmed thankfully. Good stuff so far. Glad its not all slapdash zombie slaying. I enjoy the people stories.

You kinda have to say that though even though you know its not true.

Nah I just feel zombies are a backdrop to the real stories or at least those are my favorite zombie-related books or movies. The people and what happens to them/what they do are the real meat of things. That's just me however. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Nah I just feel zombies are a backdrop to the real stories or at least those are my favorite zombie-related books or movies. The people and what happens to them/what they do are the real meat of things. That's just me however. :D
    This is what's horribly lacking in most zombie movies, it's all about the gore these days and I'm as board with gore films as I am with nationwide.

Advertisement