Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Hopefully they will take their garish signage down, passed it last evening looked very unappealing, on another note, anybody know why the Tourist Office was moved from the building?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

jbkenn wrote: »
    Hopefully they will take their garish signage down, passed it last evening looked very unappealing, on another note, anybody know why the Tourist Office was moved from the building?.

I don't know, but I can think of a few possible reasons. It was probably not a suitable place for a tourist office, for one. Also, maybe the council are lining up their ducks for the 'reimagining' of that area, as per Limerick 2030 plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrJones2013

Anyone else see this post on Facebook from Badass Burritos Limerick:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Anyone else see this post on Facebook from Badass Burritos Limerick:

'Sorry Guys Closed today !!
    Totally drained both emotionally and psychologically from dealing with Limerick City Council please call
    '

Check out the best thread on Boards, go to the Limerick homepage and you'll see it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

She has a valid point tho

• Advertisement

Check out the best thread on Boards, go to the Limerick homepage and you'll see it

??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

??

He's talking about the burritos thread in the limerick forum

dunworth1 wrote: »
    He's talking about the burritos thread in the limerick forum

Cool thanks, I wasn't sure where to post the comment tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Looks like the newsagents in Arthur's Quay is closing. They were suspiciously selling off their greetings cards for cheap over the last few weeks, they had a sign up at the weekend saying they were closing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

zulutango wrote: »
    I don't know, but I can think of a few possible reasons. It was probably not a suitable place for a tourist office, for one. Also, maybe the council are lining up their ducks for the 'reimagining' of that area, as per Limerick 2030 plan.

If it was unsuitable why did it take 20 years for them to move it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

O'Reileys hair and beauty supplies is closing on the corner of William st and little catherine street. Big clearance sale on in there at mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

If it was unsuitable why did it take 20 years for them to move it? :)

A special working group had to compile a report on the report from the committee following a report from a consultant??

;-) isn't that how it usually goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

A special working group had to compile a report on the report from the committee following a report from a consultant??

;-) isn't that how it usually goes?

unfortunately one of the committee members retired during the time period and they had to start all over again.......his son took up his position on the committee though.

panda100 wrote: »
    O'Reileys hair and beauty supplies is closing on the corner of William st and little catherine street. Big clearance sale on in there at mo

Oh thought that place was doing well

bigpink wrote: »

I thought so too. It was always quite busy in there. I always thought it was a bit on the pricey side though and you can get the same products for much cheaper on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

I thought so too. It was always quite busy in there. I always thought it was a bit on the pricey side though and you can get the same products for much cheaper on line.

I got talking to a staff member and she said they're originally a Clonmel company. They're just scaling back, keeping the shop in Clonmel open but closing the Limerick one. Apparently business was going well.

She said it's going to become a butchers shop in 3 weeks. A butcher from the top of William Street is moving into it (don't know which butcher). It's a pity to see another shop go.

Cafe Crust on thr broadwalk seems to have shut up

bigpink wrote:
    Cafe Crust on thr broadwalk seems to have shut up

Wouldn't be too sure about that. It often appears to be shut but actually isn't. It can keep quite irregular hours like burrito lady style.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Mexican Food Dudes Van that was outside Pennys seems to have closed.

Treepole wrote: »
    Mexican Food Dudes Van that was outside Pennys seems to have closed.

Saw on Facebook just a few hours ago saying ordered to shut by the city council

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be too sure about that. It often appears to be shut but actually isn't. It can keep quite irregular hours like burrito lady style.

This was at 4.30 blinds down shutter down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

This was at 4.30 blinds down shutter down

That's not unusual for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Saw on Facebook just a few hours ago saying ordered to shut by the city council
    To all our lovely customers, we're sorry to say that we have been ordered by Limerick City Council to close as from today at the Urban Garden ! We hope to update you soon with positive developments. Thank you all for your wonderful custom and we look forward to serving you soon again.

https://www.facebook.com/foodnfusions/?fref=ts

Berty wrote: »

Must have been operating illegally so

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

They weren't. Check out the off-topic burrito thread for all the drama surrounding it

That's not unusual for them.

With the weather should be open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I think that has been missed somewhere along the line.. would the council have backtracked unless they had been in the wrong in allowing it first day?

If the situation had come about in a legitimate way, they should have stood over it. If they have caved despite it being legit then it's a bad precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I think that has been missed somewhere along the line.. would the council have backtracked unless they had been in the wrong in allowing it first day?

If the situation had come about in a legitimate way, they should have stood over it. If they have caved despite it being legit then it's a bad precedent.

Well there is some speculation about what happened, the owner of a rival establishment posted on fb details about the food truck, numbers in the council to ring etc. and encouraged the page's followers to contact the council. The owner also got onto local TD's(I think), so it could be a combination of public pressure on the council and possibly a screw-up by a member of the council in granting them the pitch, since according to the owner of the rival business there was a waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Umekichi wrote:
    Well there is some speculation about what happened, the owner of a rival establishment posted on fb details about the food truck, numbers in the council to ring etc. and encouraged the page's followers to contact the council. The owner also got onto local TD's(I think), so it could be a combination of public pressure on the council and possibly a screw-up by a member of the council in granting them the pitch, since according to the owner of the rival business there was a waiting list.

There was a waiting list for the wooden structures. The van didn't need one.

So do the same rules apply if not using a wooden stand? Probably only the council know (or don't and are making it up as they go along)

• Advertisement

You can see her point tho

Advertisement