Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Just stumbled across this trailer earlier today. Thought I'd post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

My two 28mm Rubinos arrived today. Still tons of life left in my rear gatorskin but I'm tempted to change both now to losw that sluggish gatorskin feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Lol..came across this lad again tonight, he didn't say anything to me this time nor did I see him bursting his nuts trying to stay on my tail :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057054334

He also had clip on aero bars on a hybrid..

oh-god-meme.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i had some lad slower than me pass me at lights as he decided he wasnt waiting for them, kept catching him , till he spat to side and hit me wasnt pleased and decided id head on past

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I started trimming the beard for work, and long story short I messed up one side and ended up just trimming the whole thing short.

I feel ashamed and bare faced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I don't think there's anything I can say to make this funnier.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/firefighters-rescue-mans-penis-toaster-2346520

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I don't think there's anything I can say to make this funnier.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/firefighters-rescue-mans-penis-toaster-2346520

Was he called Chris Peacock?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Why call the Fire Brigade? - I'm sure a decent hacksaw could have sorted that out ...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Zyzz wrote: »
    Lol..came across this lad again tonight, he didn't say anything to me this time nor did I see him bursting his nuts trying to stay on my tail :pac:
    He also had clip on aero bars on a hybrid..
    :D Pretty sure I saw this guy yesterday when I came into work late. I reckoned he probably just had a long commute and thought the aero bars were necessary :D
    Nine instances of men with rings stuck on their penises
    Ah lads....penis-owning 101.

If I have any male children, part of their sex education will be to tell them that when you stick it in something, it has this tendency to expand to fill it and not let go. So if you really must, only stick it in things that are soft and/or breakable. But try to only stick it in places where it's supposed to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Some inventive/weird/frivolous/ludicrous (take your pick) concepts:

* theft-proof bike lights

* a bike that locks itself

* an Audi e-bike capable of doing 50mph. And with two wheelie modes. Just 'cos, or something.

* a one-wheeled scooter

* one (Orbea) frame for multiple purposes. Not sure what is so new about that mind you, apart from some interesting cable routing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

On that topic of weird/frivolous:

High-viz vests for your bag that costs as much as the bag itself

Respro are really the masters in overpriced useless gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

on the theft proof bike light - if he hadn't locked it I'd have taken the entire bike with attached theft proof light in less then his allocated 2 minutes (but I presume he did)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

and if I can get my 1000th post to be the 10000th post in this thread I will have made my boards day

Cycling past the 5 lamps heading into town, spot a motorbike Garda on the other side of the road with a couple of cyclists, hopefully they were caught for breaking the red! :)

Cycling past the 5 lamps heading into town, spot a motorbike Garda on the other side of the road with a couple of cyclists, hopefully they were caught for breaking the red! :)

Were you in Lotto kit?

Were you in Lotto kit?

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hopefully they were caught for breaking the red! :)
    If so then hopefully they were doing it in a dangerous manner. I would hate to see my taxes paying for garda to stop the majority of jaywalking and red light breaking that I see. The laws are there for a reason, but often you hear of people being stopped doing something which is not dangerous at all, not really what the law set out to prevent.

My simple test is to imagine the traffic lights were broken, if the pedestrian or cyclist were doing that same manoeuvre would anybody have batted an eyelid?, if a garda had seen them would they have called them over and warned them what they were doing was dangerous?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The problem with that is perception, what maybe dangerous to you could be safe to someone else.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

:cool:

I was going in the opposite direction in the car. They looked like they were getting a proper bollicking.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    My simple test is to imagine the traffic lights were broken, if the pedestrian or cyclist were doing that same manoeuvre would anybody have batted an eyelid?, if a garda had seen them would they have called them over and warned them what they were doing was dangerous?

It's the 5 lamps. During rush hour.
    It's not even safe when obeying the rules.

I was going in the opposite direction in the car. They looked like they were getting a proper bollicking.

They certainly were, I slowed down and gave a big smile..hopefully one of em caught it :pac: I can't recognise you now without the steel bike :p
    rubadub wrote: »
    If so then hopefully they were doing it in a dangerous manner. I would hate to see my taxes paying for garda to stop the majority of jaywalking and red light breaking that I see. The laws are there for a reason, but often you hear of people being stopped doing something which is not dangerous at all, not really what the law set out to prevent.

I view the traffic lights as the same as motor vehicles, green means go if safe to do so, red means stop.

I really don't want to be a witness to a cyclist being fatally knocked off his/her bike for going through a red light..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

the lights is hot debate, i stop on reds, but I will try to get going just before the green when i know its coming to clip back in commuting.

But seen plenty lads play rat race ignoring lights no matter what stage their at.

But of all the mid things today was it, coming up the towards cork st in crumlin direction some lad was powering down wrong side road barely avoided him in time.

manafana wrote: »
    the lights is hot debate, i stop on reds, but I will try to get going just before the green when i know its coming to clip back in commuting.

But seen plenty lads play rat race ignoring lights no matter what stage their at.

But of all the mid things today was it, coming up the towards cork st in crumlin direction some lad was powering down wrong side road barely avoided him in time.

Im exactly the same, Ive cycled most routes to know the light sequences off by heart :pac:

On that note, pretty sure Ive done some damage to my rear tyre from skidding thanks to geebag/ignorant cyclists

On that note, pretty sure Ive done some damage to my rear tyre from skidding thanks to geebag/ignorant cyclists

I wear through rear tires really easily.

I also may or may not ride fixed and currently don't have a front brake because of a carbon undrilled fork.

I swear I'll get a clamp on soon.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    I wear through rear tires really easily.

I also may or may not ride fixed and currently don't have a front brake because of a carbon undrilled fork.

I swear I'll get a clamp on soon.

Think you should take a brake........

funny gif here.gif

You're dying without the gifs aren't you :pac:

2 minutes in....the cyclist abandons his bike :D

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    You're dying without the gifs aren't you :pac:

Aw man its like someone has taken away my bike :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Ah bollox...I was watching something on ebay and it went over what I was prepared to pay.
    So outta delivement I upped the price.....and ended up winning.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement