Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Zyzz wrote: »
    Those sherrif street ones are so tempting.. :pac::p

Do they include the cobbles? Rode down that way the other day and was convinced my forks were going to snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Why don't you give them a go? (Not the best surface for hammering it though!)
    Oops - just spotted that you did and are breathing down my neck in one direction! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I'm surprised the westbound one hasn't been taken from me. At least Mr Sherlock seems to avoid inner city segments! That's not to say Beasty won't strap on the afterburners and give it a lash.

I've a little bit of a comfort margin on the eastbound one.

Why don't you give them a go? (Not the best surface for hammering it though!)

Horrible surface..not exactly my plan to ruin my new wheels :pac:
    Oops - just spotted that you did and are breathing down my neck in one direction! :P

Haha Ive tried a few times and each time I get caught by the lights..such a pain in the hole :mad:

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Do they include the cobbles? Rode down that way the other day and was convinced my forks were going to snap.
    Nah- Sherriff Street Upper only.It would be cool to do both but it's not a continuous route for vehicular traffic as one has to mount a kerb/pedestrian access prior to entering Sherriff Street Lower.

If you're into cobbles, Ship Street Upper and Lower also gives a good rattling as does Digges Lane.

Horrible surface..not exactly my plan to ruin my new wheels :pac:
    http://app.strava.com/segments/2738744

This one has to be the worst for wheels. It's not my segment and despite it's title I think there are more than 16 ramps. Each one is savage as they were designed to slow down the trucks heading to Balleally tiphead. The trucks have to slow down to walking speed for each one so you can imagine what they are like.

• Advertisement

WTF has Sinead O'Connor got on her cheeks? Looks like 'B&Q' :confused:

http://app.strava.com/segments/2738744

This one has to be the worst for wheels. It's not my segment and despite it's title I think there are more than 16 ramps. Each one is savage as they were designed to slow down the trucks heading to Balleally tiphead. The trucks have to slow down to walking speed for each one so you can imagine what they are like.

The QOM is 11 minutes? :pac:

I didn't notice that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Cycled that way after floods last year. The road flooded with sludge from the tiphead. The sludge covered the entire road, the path and about a foot up the wall. I went through it the day after and the whole area was covered with 3cm of semidried uncyclable sludge. Just managed to avoid face planting in the gunk by bunnyhopping onto the equally uncyclable path then flinging myself over the wall, all with the grace of a zombie Bambi whacked out on bath salts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

My french is a bit rusty but I'm pretty sure that the commentary on the race translates as:

"It's not about the bike. No, certainly not.
    ...at least, I'm pretty sure it's not about the bike.
    It could be a little bit about the bike. Maybe.
    No, it's looking less about the bike again (g'wan Phillipe!).
    Zut alors, it is, it is about the bike. IT'S ABOUT THE BIKE!

...liar liar, Lance on fire"

• Advertisement

I've just watched 3 episodes of True Blood back to back and if I now try to picture Lance Armstrong all that comes to mind is the face of Bill Compton. There are a number of similarities, not least of which is a mutual unhealthy interest in blood. And a bit of a god complex.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

doozerie wrote: »
    I've just watched 3 episodes of True Blood back to back and if I now try to picture Lance Armstrong all that comes to mind is the face of Bill Compton. There are a number of similarities, not least of which is a mutual unhealthy interest in blood. And a bit of a god complex.

Is it good? I'm trying to find a new addiction to replace Breaking Bad. I've also been recommended Sons of Anarchy.

Is it good? I'm trying to find a new addiction to replace Breaking Bad. I've also been recommended Sons of Anarchy.

Definitely watch Dexter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Definitely watch Dexter.

Seen it! Watched it til it got a bit dull. Heard about the finale and glad I gave it up!

Seen it! Watched it til it got a bit dull. Heard about the finale and glad I gave it up!

Yeh up to season 4 was insane..then dropped :(

Have you seen The Mentalist?

Yeh up to season 4 was insane..then dropped :(

Have you seen The Mentalist?

No! That's another on the list. Might take a break from crime/police series and start something like House of Cards. I've pretty much just watched The Wire, The Sopranos, Dexter, The Shield, Oz, and Breaking Bad all in a row :/

I liked it, mostly, but Season 6 I found to be a bit of a dog's dinner (though with some good stuff along the way too). I can't imagine it'd be to everyone's taste though, Season 6 had some scenes which shocked me a bit, which is an achievement in a program based around people who like to drink blood and lots of it. Mind you, I watched all of Season 6 across one week, so maybe I just overdosed.

...dog's dinner, taste, overdosed, all of those phrases throw up disturbing images following this week's TV viewing!

In short it is full of gore, violence, sex, humour, and of course, Lance Armstrong. Not necessarily in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I really should go to bed.... I've been playing GTA V for the last 4 hours!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Definitely watch Dexter.

The most hit and miss show in history, when it's good it is the best but when it's bad you question why you ever watch television IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

CramCycle wrote: »
    The most hit and miss show in history, when it's good it is the best but when it's bad you question why you ever watch television IMO

I stopped watching at the Season 4 finale. It was a massive downer but it was a perfect end of arc for the protagonist and I didn't really want to follow his life after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Following on from the above discussion on boxed sets, I find it very difficult to ever get beyond season 4.
    Any of the programmes that I have watched have always seen me burn out and lose interest after a while.
    The final episode ofnthe Sopranos redeemed itself but the final series was boring. Ditto with the Wire.
    I used to live MadMen but just can't be interested any longer.

Hopefully they kill off everyone in LoveHate series 4.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Following on from the above discussion on boxed sets, I find it very difficult to ever get beyond season 4.
    Any of the programmes that I have watched have always seen me burn out and lose interest after a while.
    The final episode ofnthe Sopranos redeemed itself but the final series was boring. Ditto with the Wire.
    I used to live MadMen but just can't be interested any longer.

Hopefully they kill off everyone in LoveHate series 4.

I think looking back at The Wire makes it seem better than it really was. Season 2 and 5 were really not all that good IMO. A lot more inconsistent than Breaking Bad was. I guess that's a result of them so radically changing the focus of the show in each series. Season 4 of The Wire definitely the best I think.

From YLYL

attachment.php?attachmentid=50916&d=1327695696

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I think looking back at The Wire makes it seem better than it really was. Season 2 and 5 were really not all that good IMO. A lot more inconsistent than Breaking Bad was. I guess that's a result of them so radically changing the focus of the show in each series. Season 4 of The Wire definitely the best I think.

I've only watched season one of the Wire, but I think Rok On is on to something with diminishing returns after a number of seasons. Dexter and 24 both peaked at 4. Breaking Bad couldn't have gone on any longer and was all the better for it.

Deadwood also, a brilliant show that lasted only 3 seasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Not sure if want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Whats the story with the stars under our username and why does our new overlord have none and I have loads?

I know the obvious answer is that I am much better then him (ban impending....) but is there another answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bcmf wrote: »
    Whats the story with the stars under our username and why does our new overlord have none and I have loads?

I know the obvious answer is that I am much better then him (ban impending....) but is there another answer?

New overlord has 4, they're just white. Something to do with post count I think.

Ah right. I see the white stars now.
    (I am still better then him though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

This post is #9870 but in the thread overview it says 9,990 posts.

Why's that?

• Advertisement

An alternate universe or a tiny tear in the space time continue-um.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement