Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama sends troops into Africa

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

yekahS wrote: »
    The Irish Defence Forces have personnel as trainers and advisors to the Somali army in Uganda too.

In fact the commander of the entire EU mission there is Irish.

http://www.military.ie/air-corps/news-and-events/single-view/article/ireland-to-take-on-the-role-of-mission-commander-in-eu-training-mission-in-somalia?cHash=216bade6b82ee77f875ab1fa65dce3d7

I guess we are there to steal their resources and spread our democracy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

nivekd wrote: »
    You know, it's endearing to read all the moronic comments like this, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Let me educate you on the situation here.

1. Uganda/East Africa suddently has lots of oil.

MARCH 3rd 2010

NAIROBI, Kenya, March 10 (UPI) -- East Africa is emerging as the next oil boom following a big strike in Uganda's Lake Albert Basin. Other oil and natural gas reserves have been found in Tanzania and Mozambique and exploration is under way in Ethiopia and even war-torn Somalia.

Read UPI article here

APRIL 7th 2011
    KAMPALA, Uganda, April 7 (UPI) -- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni is reported to be tightening his grip on the East African country's emerging oil sector in a region that seems set to become the new frontier for oil and gas exploration.

The centerpiece of Uganda's nascent oil industry is the Lake Albert field that holds at least 2.5 billion barrels of oil. Some estimates go as high as 6 billion barrels.

But whatever the total, Lake Albert, lying in the center of Africa between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo, is the biggest discovery in sub-Saharan Africa in two decades

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Resources/2011/04/07/Museveni-tightens-grip-on-Ugandas-oil/UPI-94521302211453/#ixzz1b49VHK8w

2. Identify a legitimate reason to establish military presence in the region in order to protect national interests.

This is where ICG comes in, a George Soros funded group.

APRIL 28th 2011

LRA: A Regional Strategy beyond Killing Kony

Deploy a team to the theatre of operations to run an intelligence platform that centralises all operational information from the Ugandan and other armies, as well as the UN and civilian networks, and provides analysis to the Ugandans to better target military operations.

With that said, do you honestly think the US gives a **** about the LRA or who they've raped or murdered in Uganda?

They don't and that's what i've been arguing.

So i'm a moron, nice comment.My post made reference to the phrase YOU USED in regards to the freezing of assets.Where in your reply do you refer to this? I made a comment which did not refer to you personally.I really do not care about economic articles declaring that the congo now is the biggest producer of oil or fig rolls etc.
    Please dont refer to me as a moron again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Torakx wrote: »
    Americans like to take countries oil and resources yes.

I've heard this so many times, can you please elaborate with concrete current examples of which countries oil and resources are just "taken" by the US.

But they also like to promote their democracy

What is "their" democracy?

You are posting this freely on the internet from a democratic country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Well contrary to niked's cut and paste job, it's actually an Irish Oil company who discovered it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭The Outside Agency

No, energy companies are there to benefit the local tribes, they don't want to make money, just help the locals defeat LRA and turn Uganda into a paradise.
    studiorat wrote:
    Well contrary to niked's cut and paste job, it's actually an Irish Oil company who discovered it.

It's nivekd, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement