Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

dextero wrote: »
    Tesco in Mahon Point have 2 pyrex dishes for €2.50, one is a rectangle size the other is a casserole dish with a lid. They are being sold together in one pack. They are next to the flasks on the cooking isle.
    They also have underwear reduced to €2 for a pack of 5 and cadbury fudge bars reduced to 7cent.

I saw the sign for the 7c bars of fudge but couldn't see any:( That is a very good price for the pyrex dishes. Will not be heading to any Tesco til after Christmas though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Sweetie Section: Tesco Belgian Flaked Truffels 135g box 74cent. Tesco Milk Chocolate Eclairs 175g bag 16cent. Normal white shelf label.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

FearDark wrote: »
    Just bought an LG 22" telly in Tesco Tipp Town for €99, badged as "freeview" but just after switching it on, its fully saorview, happy out :D

Was there many available? And do you have a model number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

CombatCow wrote: »
    3 Sony alarm clocks left in jervus for 13.99

Thanks managed to get two of them for presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Tesco in Balbriggan are selling Transformers Mechtech autobots for €21. The same are €33 iin Drogheda tesco and were priced at €64.99 a couple of days before Xmas. Picked up 3 today for the price of 1 before Xmas, so birthday presents throughout the year are now sorted.

Handy for anyone's children that were looking for them for Xmas but were put off by the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dun Laoghaire store still has about 7 or 8 of the HP 16gb USB sticks for €7.99 (beside the mobile phones)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

BDJW wrote: »
    Was there many available? And do you have a model number?

Not sure of the model number off hand, I definitely got the last one that day, I was back in today and they didn't have any more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

Hornby train sets are 62 in tescos naas but only 40 euro in tesco maynooth

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

FearDark wrote: »
    Not sure of the model number off hand, I definitely got the last one that day, I was back in today and they didn't have any more in.

I went to Stillorgan yesterday to look for one, but there was none unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I was in Clearwater yesterday and ther was very little reduced. Some clothes were half price but seemed to be all the stuff that was half price before Christmas. Usually pick up reduced Christmas crackers after Christmas but they were not selling for much less than normal. Sweet section seemed to be the same prices as pre Christmas too. A bit disappointed really :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭thesandeman

If ur looking for crackers try Pennys. They were selling them for a Euro in Galway Xmas Eve. Dont know if they still have em or if its in all stores.

Only looking for crackers cos Tesco usually have great reductions on the luxury ones after Christmas and I usually pick up a few boxes for presents for next year (good for neighbours etc!!), Thanks for the tip with Penneys though will look tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

We got tesco finest Xmas crackers half price before Xmas. Waste of money whatever they cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

et101 wrote: »
    Only looking for crackers cos Tesco usually have great reductions on the luxury ones after Christmas and I usually pick up a few boxes for presents for next year (good for neighbours etc!!), Thanks for the tip with Penneys though will look tomorrow ;)

Every year there used to be 2 pallets atleast of these in store and I always got them for 1/2 price or less before x-mas but this year, there was way less and they were sold out near me before Christmas. My mum got the ones from Aldi, they were lovely, especially the little set of scew drivers she got me to fix her laptop with!
    Hornby train sets are 62 in tescos naas but only 40 euro in tesco maynooth

If it's the same item, its the same price in every ROI Tesco, one of those stores didnt have the correct price displayed. My money is on the old Naas store!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Every year there used to be 2 pallets atleast of these in store and I always got them for 1/2 price or less before x-mas but this year, there was way less and they were sold out near me before Christmas. My mum got the ones from Aldi, they were lovely, especially the little set of scew drivers she got me to fix her laptop with!

They usually have them reduced after Christmas but no joy this year. I don't think the Tesco Christmas stock has been greatly reduced this year at all. Most of the stuff was discounted before Christmas and no extra discounts after Christmas. Ah well have no money left anyway!!! Now where did I put that Visa bill :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Tesco Ballybrack, South County Dublin.

Logitech Wireless Mouse M180 is scanning at €7.

No idea if this is a Tesco bargain, or unique to the store.

Perfectly acceptable mouse. Very predictable performance and Logitech build. The only downside is that there's no stash area for the Nano dongle.

Delighted they're no longer using AAA batteries. Nice to have just 1 single AA in it.

There's a proper on\off slider switch with a nice incisive clicky feel, on the underside of the mouse. There's also a 'pairing' button, if needed.

tescologitechm180.jpg

I was mulling buying a mouse too. A bargain I actually wanted\needed. ;)

I was about to buy a Microsoft mouse with exactly the same features, it was €14 or €15, I scanned the Logitech out of curiosity..

EDIT: #1 Derp.. The Nano dongle goes inside the mouse, which is.. odd, but there you go, there *is* a place to stash the receiver.

EDIT: #2 The battery comes with the mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Large Turkey roasting tins/baking trays, already reduced to €2.50 and now scanning at €1 in Tesco Jervis st. Loads left. On their own stand in the homewares section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Large Turkey roasting tins/baking trays, already reduced to €2.50 and now scanning at €1 in Tesco Jervis st. Loads left. On their own stand in the homewares section.

Last year I bought a few of these and used them for my kitten to house train. Much cheaper than a kitty litter tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Staropramen 330ml 4 Pack - €3.69 each - Tesco Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Vivanco 3 way automatic HDMI switch priced at € 5.71 :)

rrp £40, £25 on Amazon.

Has 80cm output cable, manual switch button and 10 year warrranty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

wil wrote: »

rrp £40, £25 on Amazon.

which store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

Red & white stripe double oven glove in Tesco Coonagh for only 51c yesterday. Loads there and they are marked 51c this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Full hams on the bone (approx 6kg weight) got reduced to €9.75 yesterday, down from €26. There were approx 30 odd left on an aisle end in Balbriggan at approx 5pm. Expiry dates are good; most are until 10th Jan.

If you're meal planning you buy now, cook today then portion into meal sized pieces & freeze the cooked meat. I'll get a minimum of 6 family dinners from it for a family of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Eoineo wrote: »
    Full hams on the bone (approx 6kg weight) got reduced to €9.75 yesterday, down from €26. There were approx 30 odd left on an aisle end in Balbriggan at approx 5pm. Expiry dates are good; most are until 10th Jan.

If you're meal planning you buy now, cook today then portion into meal sized pieces & freeze the cooked meat. I'll get a minimum of 6 family dinners from it for a family of 5.

Oh, I think I'll head out to Tesco in the hope of getting a ham! The one I got for christmas was 4kg and didn't last very long at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Tesco Artane, yellow bottle's of Daz scanning for 1.05 instead of 5.50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

wil wrote: »

rrp £40, £25 on Amazon.

picked up what looks like the last of these in Nenagh, so it seems like it's on their system not just in one store.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrivingMad

Hi all & a happy new year to yous...
    Just back from Tesco in Killarney, Co. Kerry where we got a sat nav for €35.00! It was a Binatone T350. only had one on display, but when we asked, a new boxed one was brought out from the storeroom for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

DrivingMad wrote: »
    Hi all & a happy new year to yous...
    Just back from Tesco in Killarney, Co. Kerry where we got a sat nav for €35.00! It was a Binatone T350. only had one on display, but when we asked, a new boxed one was brought out from the storeroom for us.

Was just about to buy one in my local Tesco, was not sure if it was worth it :/

will review it online now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Tesco in Killarney must have been busy today! Also bought a sat-nav, TomTom XL for €32, yoga mat for 11cent (yes the checkout lady did wonder if it was correct!!), 14 ballpoint pens for 14c, camping windbreaker for under €5, kids stationery set for the princely sum of 1cent, set of post-its for 26c. There were also several 'bits and bobs' on the end of one of the shelves. Happy hunting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

thegift06 wrote: »
    which store
    sorry dont do foursquare. Midlands but not Nenagh so that confirms its a storewide price. If they have them then current price should be 5.71
    Check your hardware/electrical section.

Also found several 1.40 4 packs of rechargeables (unusally priced 1.40 on the shelf)so they are still to be found. Staff cleared them from the shelves once I purchased. Guess (most) people rarely look at the rechargeable batteries

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement