Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Don't worry to much about the compost. Its part of a current promotion and until the promo ends, there will be more stock coming in every day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

paddy147 wrote: »
    Westland Multi-Purpose Compost with added John Innes.

50 litre bags are only 3 euro 89 cents each in Tesco Clarehall.
    Thats a great price for some good compost.
    Its 8 euro in Woodies

There is 25% off Gardening this weekend
    Picked up a few bags this morning in Arklow
    It scanned at €3.98 and 3 bags cost me €8.95 after discount

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mrs vimes

creme eggs in Tesco Midleton for 20c - they're at the end of the aisle near the bread, bottom shelf - I left a couple of dozen ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

CH3OH wrote: »

That is fantastic value.

1 x 50 litre bag of it is 10 euro 19 cents in Homebase...:eek:

So 3 for less than a tenner is fantastic value...well done.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=274528786

Quality Street Tin (plastic box at any rate) - €3.30 for 820g tin - these are normally €12 reduced to a super half price €6 at christmas.

Well, now they are actually half price and are a verifiable bargain imo.

Does anyone help hate the new look Roses btw?

Tesco Rathfarnham has a pile of these boxes in the clearance section near the frozen goods section.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

St Lucia rectangular patio table 90cm x 150cm Black Aluminium and glass in the clearance isle €23 + 25% off €17.25, Clearwater, plenty left.

We bought some more today.:pac::)

And an extra 25% off the existing price of 3 euro 98 cents.Even better bargain so.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Bubble machines €1.50 in Dundrum this morning. I'm nearly sure these usually sell for over €10. I didn't buy one but there were about 6 on the shelf beside outdoor toys.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-bubble-machine/213-6729.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

paddy147 wrote: »
    We bought some more today.:pac::)

And an extra 25% off the existing price of 3 euro 98 cents.Even better bargain so.:D

Is that a pic of your stockpile or is it taken in Tesco? I'd end up just looking for places to put that much.Must head to Tesco tomorrow and get some,was going to get compost in Aldi but with the discounts on garden stuff,I might pick up some more bargains.

zerks wrote: »
    Is that a pic of your stockpile or is it taken in Tesco? I'd end up just looking for places to put that much.Must head to Tesco tomorrow and get some,was going to get compost in Aldi but with the discounts on garden stuff,I might pick up some more bargains.

That is part of our stockpile.Lets just say that we like our gardening and potting up and on plants,flowers,seeds,bulbs and cuttings.
    Well,when I say we,I really me she.;):)

The other pics on previous page,were taken in Tesco

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

The Bullrush Ericaceous compost from Lidl for 4 euro is very good indeed.60 litre bag.
    I have used it on a few occasions to plant some nice Rhododendrons and Camellias.:)

picked up a few 1L Ariel Stain remover in Arklow for €2.07 a bottle.

Think bigger bottle is €14 for 2L:eek:

may be old Stock and limited availability
    ( in the reduced detergent area)
    5413149946835_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

12V Compressor for a car only €4,the footpump on the shelf beside it was the same price.
    David Beckham deodorant 75c.

Had to get the Westland,John Innes brought from the store room as they had none on the shop floor,great value with the extra 25% off.Picked up bedding plants also @ 2 packs (10 per pack) for a fiver-was going to get them in Lidl but these worked out at €1 cheaper for a pack of 2.

For some weird reason they put the price of talking Star Wars masks up to €50,they were nearly giving them away a while ago.

These were in Tesco Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

picked up a few 1L Ariel Stain remover in Arklow for €2.07 a bottle.

Think bigger bottle is €14 for 2L:eek:

may be old Stock and limited availability
    ( in the reduced detergent area)
    5413149946835_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg
    Thanks but full price in coonagh, maybe only old stock In your store only?
    8.29 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

Special Offer: Hellmanns Mayonnaise 600G was €4.29 now €3.00 ..... Hellmanns Mayonnaise 400G with 50% extra (600G) €2.79!

Barnet wrote: »
    Special Offer: Hellmanns Mayonnaise 600G was €4.29 now €3.00 ..... Hellmanns Mayonnaise 400G with 50% extra (600G) €2.79!

You was done :pac:, New 705g clean lock cap half price @ €2.09.:)

Got another of the St Lucia tables for €17.25 and got the last box of 2 Palma bistro chairs reduced from €43.16 to €17.26 - 25% = €12.95, they are really nice, black metal with ceramic design back.

If anyone in the Dublin area spots a box or 2 and doesn't want them could you give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

nudger wrote: »
    You was done :pac:, New 705g clean lock cap half price @ €2.09.:)

Did I say I bought it? ;)

Barnet wrote: »
    Did I say I bought it? ;)

Well you know which one to get now.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

would anyone happen to know if Kilrush has any mini greenhouses in at the moment? Don't want to drive down there to find none, but would like to take advantage og the 25% bank holiday discount :-)

• Advertisement

25% of alcohol

All weekend .

Ok so I think we have enough compost.........for now.:)

Still some left in Clarehall.

Artane Castle dont stock it at all (never did)....seems kind of bizzare that only some Tescos have it on sale..:confused:

brokenarms wrote: »
    25% of alcohol

All weekend .

Yeah my bottles of Peroni were reduced by 25% earlier on today.Pleasantly surprised when I looked at the reciept.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

25% of alcohol

All weekend .
    is this just the wine or beer and guinness too?

25% of alcohol

All weekend .

Not off my bottles of spirits bought today.

It is off the wine alright.

Will get back to ya on booze deals later
    . Its on the wine and other things . Not sure what other things exactly yet. Can't find it advertised .

There is a bissell carpet washer in Naas reduced from 270e to 69.99e . Back wall near the hovers . one left. Bargain.

Black and Decker sheet sanders is 9.99 DIY section. 5 off them. 35pound on ebay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

nudger wrote: »
    Not off my bottles of spirits bought today.

It is off the wine alright.

They have special offers on a limited range of spirits- e.g. EUR20 for 70cl bottle of Jameson, 1ltr bottle of Morgan etc etc etc. Its nothing to write home about though- and limited to 8 different spirits.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

These are showing on line at €2 reduce from €2.50

The Shelf Edge Label in Arklow is €1.25 (only Strawberry)
    4 Cornettos - 31 cent each

Just bought some ---€1.25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

smccarrick wrote: »
    They have special offers on a limited range of spirits- e.g. EUR20 for 70cl bottle of Jameson, 1ltr bottle of Morgan etc etc etc. Its nothing to write home about though- and limited to 8 different spirits.

I believe Jameson is EUR23, with a note in front of it that it was incorrectly advertised as EUR20 in their price news.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

198321 wrote: »
    I believe Jameson is EUR23, with a note in front of it that it was incorrectly advertised as EUR20 in their price news.

Thats ridiculous, if its true. They mailshot over 150,000 homes with those price news brochures. They have sold it @ 20 in the past- they even sold it at 17.50 at Christmas (and the Baileys @ 12). Very poor show on their part if they're refusing to honour an offer that still gives them a 12.5% margin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement