Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Have you ever watched Wheeler Dealers and.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just watched an episode yesterday and they bought a Ford Sierra Cossie - some amount of power and the speed of the yoke. Want to get one now

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭JP 1800

I watched the episode with the Volvo P1800 and I had to laugh a bit, the work they called a restoration was just some servicing of the car such as carbs and sorting the cylinder head for unleaded, also how did Mike not know the suspension was knackered since he owns one himself. I still found it interesting as a P1800 owner myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Clooney George

It's an excellent display good. Ed's narration of what he is doing with the
    car as well as some fantastic photographic camera operate and different audio make it
    very viewable TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭couldntthink

Quite an entertaining show on the whole. Mike is very irritating though. Ed makes a lot of the work sound easy and I'm sure a lot of people have tried to do what he's doing and not been quite as successful.

I also have an issue with the final price. I know it's a tv show and they make their money from that side of things and not from the actual car. But Mike is always harping on about how much they're gonna make and he seems delighted if he makes 50 quid.

Also the haggling scenes are quite comical. They might as well be holding a script while they're haggling.

Why does Mike hardly ever let Ed drive the car at the end.

Anyone ever watched Overhaulin'? A different format to Wheeler Dealers obviously. But what they do with the cars is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

I enjoyed watching about the ls400. Lovely machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Fire-engine red F-reg ('88) 635 CSI. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

Between that show and some other factors, I would probably still not be driving right now. :o

It's good! And it makes you think of ways to fix things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

I loved that blue 840i that they did which was actually bought by an Irish bloke.. One thing I always wonder though, why do they never mention the mileage of the car's they buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I love the show.

Edd has some level of patience and at what 6ft7 he is not exactly built for fiddly mechanics on small motors!:D

I just wish every car sale was as easy as Mike makes it look!

I'd not have the skill nor patience to fix up a car but the missus likes the idea of tinkering with a car!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I would be interested to know if anyone else did something similar?

Well, in my case it's more the daily upkeep of our two cars.
    Servicing, fixing bits as they go wrong, on her car the ignition pack, catalytic converter, doing the brakes and so on and so forth.
    Have had a few old bangers, one of them a 1984 Merc 200 that was parked under a tree for a year, lots of trim bits, interior, fix a waterleak on the engine, some rust cleaned up, done some (terrible) paintwork and sold it for pittance.
    A 1987 VW Transporter, did lots of bodywork on it (had loads of dents), didn't turn out too bad in the end, had it resprayed in purple and it turned out awesome!
    Not so much buying a car and selling it on, but I watch the show and think "I can do that!", so I give it a go.
    Now only need garage every once in a blue moon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

to quote Paul Horsfield " (yorkshire accent required) he's alright, is Edd China"

Advertisement