Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunshots fired in Dooradoyle/Raheen

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The free legal aid for people like this needs to stop. I was talking to a solicitor last week (regarding a medical negligence case) and some of the things he told me about them would really leave you speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Melion wrote: »
    I seen the Cratloe rapist in the Social Welfare office at 3.30 yesterday afternoon, he was drinking a can of Royal Dutch. He left just in front of me, got into a car with 4 other fine upstanding members of society, the driver did a pure daycent wheel spin and nearly knocked someone over before speeding away towards Tait Square. I presume they went from there straight out to cause the trouble mentioned in the link as that was less than an hour later.

Its a fúcking joke that people like this are handed tax payers money every week for going out getting drunk, raping people, assaulting innocent bystanders. Why the fúck are they allowed to collect the dole every week like everyone else? Surely that should be the first thing taken off them.

said it a million times, this town needs Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Can't really go into detail because of my job but I daily see the amount of money given to these leeches and, lads, it would blow your mind how much is given over to them (on our behalf).If Joe Public were to realise whay crime and legal matters out of our control cost the taxpayer there would be ructions. Jeez, most of our dealings are with solicitors in Dublin to which our clients are paid travel allowance to go and see on a regular basis. Can't get a suitable appointment time? No problem, the system will pay for your overnight accomodation and subsistence while you are away from Limerick to see your Dublin based caseworker. Maybe its the cheapest option though because for one of them to travel to LK to see a client costs a King's ransome. Makes all of us at work really angry:mad: that we can't object to it all and expose it due to legal constraints.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Faing wrote: »
    Can't really go into detail because of my job but I daily see the amount of money given to these leeches and, lads, it would blow your mind how much is given over to them (on our behalf).If Joe Public were to realise whay crime and legal matters out of our control cost the taxpayer there would be ructions. Jeez, most of our dealings are with solicitors in Dublin to which our clients are paid travel allowance to go and see on a regular basis. Can't get a suitable appointment time? No problem, the system will pay for your overnight accomodation and subsistence while you are away from Limerick to see your Dublin based caseworker. Maybe its the cheapest option though because for one of them to travel to LK to see a client costs a King's ransome. Makes all of us at work really angry:mad: that we can't object to it all and expose it due to legal constraints.

give it to the papers? let journalists dig into it

Give it to the papers? No point mate because they are all working WITHIN the law. Its the system thats at fault. Its a moral thing and the country, when it comes to looking after the wealthy, has no morals. Morals are for honest people......... The wealthy of our great country make a decent living out of the scum and will protect that ability to print money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

aim for the head, double tap, no dpp needed.

zuroph wrote: »
    aim for the head, double tap, no dpp needed.

Haha, the 50 cent solution............

Id love it to happen just once.

I was at a funeral the other day and one of the women who was mourning for her father had her house broken in to while she was out for the mass etc. She is a well known business woman with a well established shop on William St so was probably known to the little scummy fúckers who did it. The city is a joke and it will take something serious like a Guard being murdered before it will ever change. Ive said that before and i stand by it.

Id love it to happen just once.

So would a thousand ambulance chasing solicitors, they'd be rubbing their hands and booking the holiday in the Bahamas and ordering the new Porsche on the strength of the work it would generate for them..............

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Normal every day people are being effected by criminals every day, not just in limerick.

Think they would have to kill someone in power like mayor, president, politician before something is done.

They attack gardai, firemen nothing is done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So would a thousand ambulance chasing solicitors, they'd be rubbing their hands and booking the holiday in the Bahamas and ordering the new Porsche on the strength of the work it would generate for them..............

dead people can't sue. their family can try, wouldnt get very far, and if it did, it'd prob cost less than they're currently costing us.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

This country's in a state of chassis.Decent citizens are under siege economically,many live in daily danger of being assaulted robbed or worse while conviction loaded scumbags and their legal advisers thrive materially.Damned lunacy.Open up the Curragh for these parasitic" terrorists " who have proved to be beyond rehabilitation

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

I know this is a very emotive discussion and there is no condoning the behaviour of some members of the public, but I would like everyone to remember that this is a public forum where everyone can read and libel laws in this country can be "interesting", please don't post anything on here that you wouldn't print in an international newspaper (with your "real world" name attached to it).

Thanks

Clareman wrote: »
    Folks,

I know this is a very emotive discussion and there is no condoning the behaviour of some members of the public, but I would like everyone to remember that this is a public forum where everyone can read and libel laws in this country can be "interesting", please don't post anything on here that you wouldn't print in an international newspaper (with your "real world" name attached to it).

Thanks

If i use my real name can i say everything i would like to say? Having an uncle being abused as he tries to go about his job saving lives as a fireman in Limerick is the start of it for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If i use my real name can i say everything i would like to say? Having an uncle being abused as he tries to go about his job saving lives as a fireman in Limerick is the start of it for me.
    I should have known that would happen ;)

Personally, 1 of the reasons I really enjoy the internet is you have a choice between being anonymous or use your real identity, personally I like to keep anonymous on most forums.

I have no problem with people discussing whatever they want, while stating facts (quoting reputable sources) or without naming people directly in un-substantiated posts, it's when we infringe on other peoples rights to anonymity (or other legal rights that I don't know about) it's when we get to the stage that posts have to be moderated, I much prefer it when we can have a proper discussion without having to edit anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Haha, the 50 cent solution............

Feck it , if it's only 50 cent I'll throw in €2 and get a few done .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

source wrote: »
    If they could have charged him they would have, I would imagine the person they charged was charged with being the driver, failing to stop, criminal damage, dangerous driving, assault etc etc etc, which is all pretty clear cut. The passenger is a different situation as it is the driver who is doing the damage as it were. The passenger will have a file forwarded to the DPP's office for their opinion and that will result in charges.

You're speculating as to who is in the car, you don't know it as a fact, the Gardai who did the arresting know exactly who it is and will know a lot more about his conditions (bail or otherwise) than you will. So lets jump off the high horse and look at things objectively, instead of running head long into commenting on a situation that you don't know a whole load about, apart from idle gossip.

The guy that was charged had been wanted for another crime and was arrested and charged for that other crime. That was stated on the Irish Times website this morning.

As for the other guy that I am "speculating on", had his past crime brought up in the press and has since been named as one of the rapists.

But you are right, we should be objective, I am sure they were just law abiding citizens in that car who did nothing wrong, after all the legal system in this country has a sterling track record so there is no way someone who committed a crime could be back on the street within hours of the crime.

Blackstone's Formulation is usually quoted at this stage, but it can be difficult to stomach it sometimes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstone's_formulation

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

jonski wrote: »
    Feck it , if it's only 50 cent I'll throw in €2 and get a few done .

What about the other 50c?

:D

What about the other 50c?

:D

That 50c could go to a reputable charity, the more scum you do the more charities benefit. Simples innit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

That 50c could go to a reputable charity, the more scum you do the more charities benefit. Simples innit!

I like it. Kill 2 million ***** and St Vincent De Paul get 1 million euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Kess73 wrote: »
    The guy that was charged had been wanted for another crime and was arrested and charged for that other crime. That was stated on the Irish Times website this morning.

As for the other guy that I am "speculating on", had his past crime brought up in the press and has since been named as one of the rapists.

But you are right, we should be objective, I am sure they were just law abiding citizens in that car who did nothing wrong, after all the legal system in this country has a sterling track record so there is no way someone who committed a crime could be back on the street within hours of the crime.

Now see, As per this:
    tishandy wrote: »

Your fears about the "Cratloe Rapist" being released were incorrect, As I said earlier, lets try to be objective in our posts until the truth comes out. Your first post I commented on was made on the premise that it was Barry that was released pending a file to the DPP, the truth is now out:
    This morning Bissett was released from garda custody while Barry was still being quizzed by detectives.

Bisset was released from custody, while Barry was held in custody because of his actions since he was released from prison.

Face it, you went off on one because you had the wrong information. As I said earlier "look at things objectively, instead of running head long into commenting on a situation that you don't know a whole load about, apart from idle gossip." And I have been proven right.

By the way, anyone who knows me knows exactly what I think should be done to scum like this, I just try (hard at times) to wait until all the facts are out until I comment.

source wrote: »
    Now see, As per this:

Your fears about the "Cratloe Rapist" being released were incorrect, As I said earlier, lets try to be objective in our posts until the truth comes out. Your first post I commented on was made on the premise that it was Barry that was released pending a file to the DPP, the truth is now out:

Bisset was released from custody, while Barry was held in custody because of his actions since he was released from prison.

Face it, you went off on one because you had the wrong information. As I said earlier "look at things objectively, instead of running head long into commenting on a situation that you don't know a whole load about, apart from idle gossip." And I have been proven right.

By the way, anyone who knows me knows exactly what I think should be done to scum like this, I just try (hard at times) to wait until all the facts are out until I comment.

Fair enough you are completely right in that I mixed up which one was released first and I was out of order to be snarky with you on it.

But I still stand by my point about the Limerick rapist who is the person I was saure he was. If you google his name online you will see that in September he had 44 convictions to his name, now in early October and not including the recent incident he is already up to 47 convictions (one of these being yet another suspended sentence after he attacked staff in the regional hospital in August). I just don't see the point of constantly releasing people who commit violent crime on a whim. They learn nothing if each vicious act is rewarded with a list of excuses through their free legal aid solicitor and a gentle slap on the wrist from a judge.

The gardai can catch this type over and over, but it defeats the point of what the Gardai do if scum don't get proper punishment for constantly reoffending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Kess73 wrote: »
    Fair enough you are completely right in that I mixed up which one was released first and I was out of order to be snarky with you on it.

But I still stand by my point about the Limerick rapist who is the person I was saure he was. If you google his name online you will see that in September he had 44 convictions to his name, now in early October and not including the recent incident he is already up to 47 convictions (one of these being yet another suspended sentence after he attacked staff in the regional hospital in August). I just don't see the point of constantly releasing people who commit violent crime on a whim. They learn nothing if each vicious act is rewarded with a list of excuses through their free legal aid solicitor and a gentle slap on the wrist from a judge.

The gardai can catch this type over and over, but it defeats the point of what the Gardai do if scum don't get proper punishment for constantly reoffending.

Kess mate, I agree with you 100% on that, there is nothing more frustrating for a Garda than to investigate a crime, find a suspect and bring them to court. Only for a defence solicitor to stand up and give "mitigating circumstances" to the judge and then a weak sentence is handed down. Or worse still a suspended sentence.

What makes this more frustrating is the fact that Gardai know exactly how many convictions these people have, and also know that they will go back out and start all over again. The issue with the Irish system is that previous convictions cannot be revealed until it comes time to sentence the accused. As such each time a scrote winds up in front of a judge, it is treated as the first time and as if the scrote has never been in trouble before.

Having said that, I still feel that people online should watch what they say until facts have been released to the media otherwise all that will happen is rumours will spread around and in some cases it can cause panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Aren't the judges used to seeing the same faces over and over and know too well the faces and surnames they are dealing with and are only copping out with the 'unknown' previous convictions soundbite :rolleyes:

Ill vote for whoever brings in the 3 strikes out rule, and promote a private prison setup like the USA,
    Wasn't their some report where it would be cheaper fly the jailbirds to america to complete their sentenances where the early release is earned by doing harder time

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kn1

guy in the town i work in got stopped with no insurance ,tax,nct
    went to court ,never paid the fines so judge sent him to limerick for 10days,went in ,had no room so he watched tv and played pool for a few hours ,then handed a piece of paper to give to taxi who drove him 30 miles to his front door !!!!!
    my wife got 60 euro fine today for not having road tax,which we will pay because we seem to pay for everything else and dont want hassle
    BUT i am getting very sick of the entire system:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

getimage.aspx?file=61452011101200000000001001&page=1&scale=38

murphy1_972358t.jpg
    Judges live in a parallel universe! Limerick and Kerry men at its sickening worst!

getimage.aspx?file=61452011101200000000001001&page=1&scale=38

murphy1_972358t.jpg
    Judges live in a parallel universe! Limerick and Kerry men at its sickening worst!

That did not happen in a different county. It happened in Athea which is in county Limerick. The paper reporting it just happens to be a Kerry paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The poor 74 year old man that was attacked by these scum in Athea Co. Limerick appealed to the judge not to send them to prison.
    They guy giving the finger can count his lucky stars that he does'nt live in the USA where a nice "calming injection" would be waiting for him now, but then again he knew this when he kicked the old man senseless.

Advertisement