Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICT jobs in Revenue

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Zipppy wrote: »
    I'm assuming we'll be ages waiting on this as I'd say there were thousands of applications :(

A few short years back people would have said anyone working in IT would be crazy to move into the public sector. We're I was we got almost no Irish or EU applicants for IT roles in the public sector.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

BostonB wrote: »
    That the downside of a recruitment embargo. The advantage is you won't have to pay pensions or keep them on between projects.

would still be cheaper paying an established civil servant their pensions and keeping them on after a project than paying these mental fees tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

miju wrote: »
    would still be cheaper paying an established civil servant their pensions and keeping them on after a project than paying these mental fees tbh
    Apparently not the case..

I'm PS and the cost of upskilling and keeping skills relevant for ICT staff is deemed more expensive than paying daily rates of 600-800 for contractors..

Seems madness....:eek:

Government plans for eGov and shared services out on Thursday so might be some eye openers in there.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Apparently not the case..

I'm PS and the cost of upskilling and keeping skills relevant for ICT staff is deemed more expensive than paying daily rates of 600-800 for contractors..

Seems madness....:eek:

I know it's actually hilarious even if the Govt were to pay for you privately it wouldn't cost anywhere near the €290,000 a year per consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Just advised by email that I've been shortlisted for interview so it's happy dayz.................until interview day come :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Just advised by email that I've been shortlisted for interview so it's happy dayz.................until interview day come :rolleyes:

Well done Zippy,

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

I havent heard anything back yet, but just wondering does anyone have a copy of the advertisement they had on their website regarding the job. Would like to give it a quick read if i did get called for an interview.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

From Revenue's public service agreement action plan update today there are 30 AO ICT jobs available there will also be a further competition later on for 10 EO ICT jobs.

Given 30 jobs available the shortlist for interview would be about 200. Good luck to all that are called. You will be sent any information you need about the job prior to the interview. If it's like most other Revenue interviews you will fill out an application based around 4 competancies required for the job which you submit before hand and your interview will be based on this you may also have to give a short presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SLDeviant

Daxve wrote: »
    From Revenue's public service agreement action plan update today there are 30 AO ICT jobs available there will also be a further competition later on for 10 EO ICT jobs.

Given 30 jobs available the shortlist for interview would be about 200. Good luck to all that are called. You will be sent any information you need about the job prior to the interview. If it's like most other Revenue interviews you will fill out an application based around 4 competancies required for the job which you submit before hand and your interview will be based on this you may also have to give a short presentation.

Do you have a link to where they posted that? I'm fairly certain the interviews only ran long enough to accomodate 100 or so interviewees so if they are hiring 30 that would put your chances pretty high if you got as far as the interview.

EDIT> Found the link to the document, wow, that's great news.

Advertisement