Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ILoveLimerick.com what do you think?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I think the Ilovelimerick.com idea was a great one in theory however I do feel there has been alot lost in translation in the actioning of this idea. If I'm honest, and lets face it, there's no point in being anything but these days. It's all a bit too self involved and overbearing and reminds me of an american chat show. All glitz and polish but little in the way of substance.
    I understand what it takes to make something like this. I must admit Ilovelimerick.com was somewhat of a catalyst in me and some friends creating thisislimerick.com. The funny thing is that I was contacted via facebook by a man connected with ilovelimerick asking about the availability of the thisislimerick.com domain. I informed him that unfortunately the domain was in use and was to be rolled out in the coming months and thought nothing more of it. That is until I saw ilovelimerick.coms coverage of and event the staged entitled "This is Limerick".
    After that I did find it a bit harder to find good in what they do. http://www.thisislimerick.com is in its early days but we are actively seeking contributors and will hopefully be up and running fully in the coming weeks!

Much better website than the ilovelimerick fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 thisislimerick

Thanks for checking out the site lads. To clarify, we are not in competition with Ilovelimerick, I don't see it that way and I'm not trying to start a rivalry or bad blood but i just feel that they have wandered of the point somewhat since it's conception. Maybe we will make the same mistakes with thisislimerick.com, hopefully not. All we can do is try. Keep checking back and if anyone would like to contribute, check out the about page on the site http://thisislimerick.com/index.php/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Relax, I doubt it was meant as negative criticism- just an observation.

I see what he means- the horse with the speech bubble; the banner "Actin' the gowl since 2011"

My post was in no way negative criticism. As Alaskimo-cake said it is was just an observation with the horse, speech bubble, the Willie O Dea shirt, your text talk on facebook -" be sure to lash up an aul link to share the good word. Yer all pure class lads!" I just get that Rubberbandits vibe from it. I am not saying you are the Rubberbandits or have anything to do with them. I do wish you the best of luck on the site and I think the more sites spreading the good news and events in Limerick can be only a good thing. I try my best to make it to as many events as I can in Limerick to get some snaps as my new hobby is photography. http://www.facebook.com/LimerickEye lots of my pics on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Melion wrote: »
    Much better website than the ilovelimerick fools

Is it really? I've open both sites and one looks like it is jam packed with information (Ilovelimerick) and the other looks bare in comparison (thisislimerick), though saying that neither one is complete, though would a website about what is happening now ever be complete? Calling people who seem to be endeavouring to do something fools is a little.. erm.. "foolish"

Competition is always healthy, we have http://flipittv.tumblr.com/ http://bocktherobber.com/ http://www.limerickslife.com/ http://www.limerick.com/ and many others, all covering something different within Limerick, so if you don't agree with any of their angles does that make them fools too?

Just re-read my comment there, I can see how it may be read as a serious comment, meant it as a lighthearted jibe. I understand what you mean re the bandit-ry of the language etc. Limerick lingo and vocab has always been something I've been obsessed with long before the lads hit the scene. I think everyone in Limerick has a few amazing turn of phrases that only a select few know. That stuff is gold.
    Also we want to keep the tone of the site very formal so there's no airs and graces about what it is we do. Thanks for checking us out anyway pal, love the pics too. Great work. If you ever want to submit them to the site see the about or contact page, would love help promote it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Best of luck with your project thisislimerick.

Is it really? I've open both sites and one looks like it is jam packed with information (Ilovelimerick) and the other looks bare in comparison (thisislimerick), though saying that neither one is complete, though would a website about what is happening now ever be complete? Calling people who seem to be endeavouring to do something fools is a little.. erm.. "foolish"

Competition is always healthy, we have http://flipittv.tumblr.com/ http://bocktherobber.com/ http://www.limerickslife.com/ http://www.limerick.com/ and many others, all covering something different within Limerick, so if you don't agree with any of their angles does that make them fools too?

Completely agree Zombie ( i really never know what to call people in these situations...) To each there own. I never intended to be bitchy about this and I apologise if that's how it appears. I just feel that the lads just missed the objective I think. Not that that is a major problem, I mean it prompted us to start up. we are very, very young ourselves, still teething. We have an editorial team of 1 and a design team of 1 at present so please forgive the thin content at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

we are very, very young ourselves, still teething. We have an editorial team of 1 and a design team of 1 at present so please forgive the thin content at present.

might i suggest though thisislimerick, maybe if you could ask the design team to replace the playboy pink borders with an ivy green color, (limerick flag colors- green and white?) because that pink is killing my eyes! i too was a little put off by the concy ryan colloquialisms at first, but after your explanation there im guessing at 34 years of age im outside your target demographic. i think the navigation template and the content layout though is top notch, much easier on the eye that way and much cleaner than ilovelimerick, which just looks like a bad bebo page from the days of old! honestly, with the people behind ilovelimerick and the credentials of it's main correspondent, i would have expected a hell of a lot better in terms of design and marketing. i couldn't even spend two minutes on the site, (took me a minute and a half to read the main correspondents bio) whereas i can see far more potential in the thisislimerick site...

just my 2c... :o

EDIT: just did like another poster suggested there and viewed both sites side by side, then out of curiosity i decided to read the "testimonials" in the ilovelimerick site, and my god, it reads like a linkedin recommendations page, seriously, "richard this, richard that", so i clicked on the "team" link... yeah, that was pretty sparse! :confused:

Thanks a million, with regards the colloquialisms, I understand there is a wave of it at the minute so maybe we will need to tone it down or get lost in the fog. Thanks for the feedback. We will be tweaking the design as we move forward. Sorry for the retina burning :)

Thanks a million, with regards the colloquialisms, I understand there is a wave of it at the minute so maybe we will need to tone it down or get lost in the fog. Thanks for the feedback. We will be tweaking the design as we move forward. Sorry for the retina burning :)

great too to see that you're open to and welcome suggestions from the plebs, lol ;)

like i said, this is why i see the site having potential, i think it's great that you're willing to listen to your target audience and promote limerick itself rather than just, well, quite how to say it, shameless self promotion really, the whole "I" love limerick, as opposed to something like "WE" love limerick. such a small change, but would make such a difference to it's general perception... :(

• Advertisement

You just hit the nail bang on the head there dude! Excellent point! "We love limerick" already makes me like it more. Yeah, that's what we are aiming for. Regular contributions and vox pops. We want people to tell us what they want to see and we'll do our best to do it. Otherwise, what's the point?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are ye in the market for a local poet, or someone with a bit of Gaeilge, by any chance? :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Are ye in the market for a local poet, or someone with a bit of Gaeilge, by any chance? :pac:

Tsk, shameless self-promotion!! :pac: :pac:

I want one of those Willie O'Dea t-shirts

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tsk, shameless self-promotion!! :pac: :pac:

Always watching out for opportunities, me! :)

Just looking at the links to various things here, I think it might be time to update our list of local websites/sites of local interest.

@Insect Overlord, we are always open to suggestions! Check out the about page of the site for contact info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Thisislimerick, gimmie a hit up later VIA PM. I'm interested in getting in contact with you about this project, Sounds interesting to me! :) I may have a few services to offer to you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Thisislimerick, gimmie a hit up later VIA PM. I'm interested in getting in contact with you about this project, Sounds interesting to me! :)I may have a few services to offer to you! :)

I really hope that you mean photography :pac::D

Really?

And I ask that in a non mocking way for a change.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Really?

And I ask that in a non mocking way for a change.

Yup. Published twice in the Revival Poetry Journal, and twice in Mary I's Irish language journal, "Scothsmaointe Gan Smál". My old user-name here was An File as well.

Yup. Published twice in the Revival Poetry Journal, and twice in Mary I's Irish language journal, "Scothsmaointe Gan Smál". My old user-name here was An File as well.

Fair play. I remember your old username. I actually entered a poem into a spoken word competition years and years ago. It was in Irish which must have sounded really odd with my scouse accent. It was called Na Mactire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KendySmurf

Its about promoting Limerick; Which I'm all for, But - as a photographer, since I'm working essentially a lot of this for free; I need to get something out of it, which its my networking side which is always on the go handing out cards, which I'd be doing if I'm covering an event with or without them; But if they have me doing more events its more chances to hand out my cards, (Or its just forcing me into events that I wouldn't have known about, or thought of doing). So by getting me the contacts, I essentially mean, Getting me out shooting what I wouldn't normally do.

How do you think out Famous Munster Images on here came to flurish? None other then ILoveLimerick.

Never posted on here before but felt obliged to comment on the above post.
    through my work with a local charity I have had the opportunity to work with Munster Images for several years long before they had anything to do with Ilovelimerick.com and while working with Ilovelimerick increased their exposure but it increased ilovelimerick so they both got something from it, but i have found recently that Munster images have alot more going for them now since they broke the apron strings with ilovelimerick, people were seen munster images as part of ilovelimerick. The idea behind Ilovelimerick is great but limerick needs better coverage from every community and different sectors,,

Very true, but it has gottem MI A lot of work from it.

KendySmurf wrote: »
    Very true, but it has gottem MI A lot of work from it

Munster Images were making their own contacts and building up their business long before they started taken photos for ilovelimerick because I was one of their first contact, Richard was very fast to cut ties when it suited him and started looking for other young photographers, there seems to be a high turnover of photographers since Munster Images broke away

Before Munster Images was just Pat, There was no Theo. Just to correct the 'They' - It was then Richard, whom introduced Pat to Theo, where they both registered Munster Images as a Privated Limited Company, with the help of Richard and Paul Partnership, since then, Pat has Signed the company over to Theo, whom then proceded to slate and abuse the entire ILoveLimerick Crew for no apparent reason, including myself (There are multiple witnesses as to this) - So it was Theo who cut the ties not Richard, so please. Straighten your facts with that one.

Don't get my wrong, I love MI, and Pat, and I'm not trying to slander their business, as I don't consider them competition to my own business either.

Before Munster Images was just Pat, There was no Theo. Just to correct the 'They' - It was then Richard, whom introduced Pat to Theo, where they both registered Munster Images as a Privated Limited Company, with the help of Richard and Paul Partnership, since then, Pat has Signed the company over to Theo, whom then proceded to slate and abuse the entire ILoveLimerick Crew for no apparent reason, including myself (There are multiple witnesses as to this) - So it was Theo who cut the ties not Richard, so please. Straighten your facts with that one.

Don't get my wrong, I love MI, and Pat, and I'm not trying to slander their business, as I don't consider them competition to my own business either.

Pat and Theo are very good friends of mine and maybe you should consider who the source of your information is kid.

Theo has brought Munster Images from being a hobby to a business and Pat did not sign anything over as there was nothing to sign over kid.

There is alot of behind the scenes that you or I will never know about lets just leave it at that. ilovelimerick do great work but as everyone is saying its more about iloverichard than ilovelimerick tbh.

Pat and Theo are very good friends of mine and maybe you should consider who the source of your information is kid.

Theo has brought Munster Images from being a hobby to a business and Pat did not sign anything over as there was nothing to sign over kid.

There is alot of behind the scenes that you or I will never know about lets just leave it at that. ilovelimerick do great work but as everyone is saying its more about iloverichard than ilovelimerick tbh.

http://www.cro.ie/search/ListSubDocs.aspx?id=443299&type=B
    Note how its been re-registered under a new address, and new owner.

My sources are quite valid, considering I am one of my sources.

http://www.cro.ie/search/CompanyDetails.aspx?id=443299&type=B

what about it,

jesus lads, zoom lens at, em, sunrise? :o

Sorry, I'd forgot you need to purchase them to see them, they show that the company has been re-registered and handed over.

Also. Don't reffer to me as 'kid'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Coyote1

Sorry, I'd forgot you need to purchase them to see them, they show that the company has been re-registered and handed over.

Well isnt this nice. I get a txt to discover that Me, My partner and Her Company are the subject of a nice little chat on Bords :D

Not that its any ones business but just to clarify seeing as people seem to have the totally wrong end of the stick. The only person that Munsterimages was EVER registered to was Theo. The re registeration was because the muppits in Dublin cant spell Thomas St properly!

I never "handed or signed" anything over because there was nothing to hand over because its registered to Theo. not as a company but as a sole traider another fact you got wrong.

This tread seems to be getting way off track from what it was supposed to be about looks like Richs little guard dogs are off barking up the wrong tree as usual.

I love Limerick does great work and can do better the suggestions above are all good and if taken on board can only improve the service that IloveLimerick offer.

Other than that people should keep their ill informed noses out of what is no longer any of their concern!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement