Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big Beats thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I've a set of http://www.ultrasone.com/index.php/en/products/pro-900.html and they have much deeper bass compared to Beats.
    Sony MDR-XB 500 and 700 are meant to be bass monsters as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

Those ultrasone look class but out of my price range:mad:
    Don't like the look of the sony ones. I think I might stick to beats or streets by 50 will have to see which ones are the better headphones when listening to them in PC World but the 50 ones seem a better build.

I see a lot of people slate beats by dre on this forum but found them a lot better for my music taste than sennheizers for the same price.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've not compared both but listened recently to the AKG K619 DJ headphone and was very impressed by the depth of bass, nice headphones for the price (about €120).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

merged with big beats thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

joetoad wrote: »
    Those ultrasone look class but out of my price range:mad:
    Don't like the look of the sony ones. I think I might stick to beats or streets by 50 will have to see which ones are the better headphones when listening to them in PC World but the 50 ones seem a better build.

I see a lot of people slate beats by dre on this forum but found them a lot better for my music taste than sennheizers for the same price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-51EF0060AA001-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000W6Y0JY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363528922&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

Brian wrote: »

Thanks a lot, going to go with these ones and get the three year warranty for 20 quid as well, reviews look great for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Andyb41

Just wondering if these beats are fake?
    http://www.beatsukmart.org.uk/christmas-monster-beats-solo-hd-headphones-with-controltalk-black-best-sale-uk-p-68.html

And if they are does anyone know if they're really bad quality, or would still be decent headphones?

Where would be the cheapest place to get legitimate ones?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Andyb41 wrote: »
    Just wondering if these beats are fake?
    http://www.beatsukmart.org.uk/christmas-monster-beats-solo-hd-headphones-with-controltalk-black-best-sale-uk-p-68.html

And if they are does anyone know if they're really bad quality, or would still be decent headphones?

Where would be the cheapest place to get legitimate ones?

Of course it's fake. Just look at the website, it's rubbish. Not to mention the verify part at the bottom of the page is just an image and doesn't link to anything that verifies the site is legit.

There is no telling how good the quality is of these fake headphones. You might not even send you anything and just steal your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MRT18

I want to buy a pair of beats by dre but they are to expensive. I was looking at sites and i found this one. I don't know if its fake or authentic.
    http://www.myinfo.ie/beatsbydreireland/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

MRT18 wrote: »
    I want to buy a pair of beats by dre but they are to expensive. I was looking at sites and i found this one. I don't know if its fake or authentic.
    http://www.myinfo.ie/beatsbydreireland/

Totally fake

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

MRT18 wrote: »
    I want to buy a pair of beats [...]
    I've identified the problem.

I so want these

when does beats studio 2013 go on sale here

We took automotive surfacing techniques and we actually wind-tunnel tested this headphone."
    http://usatoday.com/article/news/2582989

Tells me all I need to know.

"These are rechargeable headphones" hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Brian wrote: »
    "These are rechargeable headphones" hahaha.

Yeah, there is no passsive mode on them. :pac:

Forgot if this was linked here or elsewhere, but:
    http://gizmodo.com/so-monster-a-company-that-screws-people-over-by-selli-473312853

An ethical reason to not buy Beats ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Trying to find out how to buy the new beats studio 2013 release year on the beatsbydre website.
    It has no ireland region anyway...

New_Beats_Studio_1.jpg

DominicKid wrote: »
    Trying to find out how to buy the new beats studio 2013 release year on the beatsbydre website.
    It has no ireland region anyway...

New_Beats_Studio_1.jpg

im hoping amazon uk will have these soon :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

They look lovely, but people can do a lot better in terms of audio for a lot less

350 for a pair for beats 2.0 in currys was in there today

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redsovine

Have to agree wity this from Cpt_Blackbeard

"Over-priced bassy junk with a great marketing campaign."

Not even properly bassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

redsovine wrote: »
    Have to agree wity this from Cpt_Blackbeard

"Over-priced bassy junk with a great marketing campaign."

That's exactly my point, I personally think my Senheiser HD205's which cost around €40 could compeate with a pair of Beats Solo's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Picked up a set of Beats Studio 2.0 on a trip to Boston last week. $300 in the apple store. Worked out at €230. Seen they are €350 in Currys. Heck of a saving.

I had a pair of Beats Studio before I got them I have to say, they are a 20 fold increase in quality. Original beats were good and criticism of them was mainly nitpicking IMO, but these blow them out of the park.

I wasn't gonna buy them until I tried them on my phone in store and I just knew I had to get them there and then. So glad

In saying that, they're not worth €350. If you can get them state side, do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

GavMan wrote: »
    In saying that, they're not worth €350. If you can get them state side, do

Or €230!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

GavMan wrote: »
    Picked up a set of Beats Studio 2.0 on a trip to Boston last week. $300 in the apple store. Worked out at €230. Seen they are €350 in Currys. Heck of a saving.

I had a pair of Beats Studio before I got them I have to say, they are a 20 fold increase in quality. Original beats were good and criticism of them was mainly nitpicking IMO, but these blow them out of the park.

I wasn't gonna buy them until I tried them on my phone in store and I just knew I had to get them there and then. So glad

I don't tend to speak out against beats, I don't care what other people want to spend their money on when it doesn't effect me in the slightest, but to say any criticism of them was nitpicking is an absolute farce - exemplified by your following statement that the new ones blow the old ones "out of the park"

Really?...you thought, and still think, criticism of the old beats was nitpicking despite also thinking the new ones blow the old ones out of the park...how can that make any sense to you?

• Advertisement

I don't tend to speak out against beats, I don't care what other people want to spend their money on when it doesn't effect me in the slightest, but to say any criticism of them was nitpicking is an absolute farce - exemplified by your following statement that the new ones blow the old ones "out of the park"

Really?...you thought, and still think, criticism of the old beats was nitpicking despite also thinking the new ones blow the old ones out of the park...how can that make any sense to you?

Yes, I thought the original Studios were good and that the criticisms were mainly nitpicking until I tried the new ones. Perhaps I didn't make that clear enough.

Advertisement