Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to get into racing in mondello

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 iradford

Thanks for the link Iam not sure what to do now a couple of people think ian mad buying a punto.Is this your car ?

Going to view this yellow integra tommorow hope all goes well.Starting to get excited now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PJ_RS1800

iradford wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Iam not sure what to do now a couple of people think ian mad buying a punto.Is this your car ?

Nope, rallying's my game!!
    Just noticed it on donedeal this morning!

Alright cheers pj for the link going to have a look at the integra tommorow anyway see how that goes as has been said here itcc seems very exciting to get into thats why ive choosen this route.

I still need clarification on the licence.I phoned motorsport Ireland yesterday about it and they said that I should really wait until the start of december to apply as there will be new regs etc for 2012 and would have to look this up myself on the web.

Doesent seem to bad but she was also that I cannot get my medical yet that it only lasts 2 months.

Can anybody enlighten me on the above as to what my options are.

I would like to get the licence as soon as possible as I will need a lot of track time etc before season.I would be hoping to gert some track time in up north where possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Alright cheers pj for the link going to have a look at the integra tommorow anyway see how that goes as has been said here itcc seems very exciting to get into thats why ive choosen this route.

I still need clarification on the licence.I phoned motorsport Ireland yesterday about it and they said that I should really wait until the start of december to apply as there will be new regs etc for 2012 and would have to look this up myself on the web.

Doesent seem to bad but she was also that I cannot get my medical yet that it only lasts 2 months.

Can anybody enlighten me on the above as to what my options are.

I would like to get the licence as soon as possible as I will need a lot of track time etc before season.I would be hoping to gert some track time in up north where possible

Have you any track experience? If not I'd spend the next while just doing track days. For this all you need is a full car license

• Advertisement

hi gary I have done the start line course in mondello that is all I was hoping to drive the car as much as I could to try get up to speed for the season.I dont think there will be any track days any time soon as season is over and the rally cross has started.Could be wrong though somebody here might know. I cant see anything on there website anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PJ_RS1800

Medicals are normally recognized by MI for 2 "licence years"...
    Therefore, if you got one done now, it would only be valid until the end of 2013...I'd imagine this is the point she was trying to make.

By waiting until January you can get a 2012 Medical and Licence, and the medical will do you until end 2014.

In the meantime, I'd suggest doing as Gary says...get yourself to some trackdays to get the feel for the Circuit etc..
    There's one happening in Mondello at the end of this month:
    http://www.mondello.ie/track_days/car_track_days/

Also, maybe start building up your racewear (Murray Motorsport are always helpful..also try Euro MSport in Omagh). Licences can normally be applied for in December of the preceeding year so between Trackday, selecting and buying your car, Medical, Racewear, Licence training day etc you will have plenty to occupy yourself in the next 8-10 weeks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The rumourmill is telling me there's a deal done on that yellow Teg, is it you OP?

hi gary it is sold and is staying in itcc next year but it is not me that bought it :mad: money issues.Ill have to look again in march and might only make half the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Wexford1988

have a look at www.rallyforums.com plenty of guys and gals there will be happy to give you any info you need.... But beware once you start you wont stop!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement