Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants a new blade...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

just got my 'garden brush cutting tool' (aka 20" machette) in the post today. I was beginning to worry about customs stopping it!

what no pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    http://www.coldsteel.com.

for Z killing tools that WILL work:D
    Seconded on the cold steel recommendation, they aren't cheap but you will get your money's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

I like the large survival golok from http://www.valiantco.com/java1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

For all you knife buffs what class of blade was Lori carrying on her belt in Chupacabra. It looked like a syderco folder of some sort.

PS It wouldn't be great for plot realism but Glenn needs to produce a katana at some point in the series and slice up a Z ala predators. I think it would really add to his character.:)

For all you knife buffs what class of blade was Lori carrying on her belt in Chupacabra.

Spyderco Endura, probably the IV :)

TheWalkingDead-Chupacabra-SarahWayneCalliesAsLori-AndrewLincolnAsRick.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Got to take my m48 tomahawk out and play on the weekend :)!!!! pics to follow! BEEEASHT. Thing would wreck a Z!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Looks big for an endura, i was thinking a paramilitary 2 with custom handle. At least its not some cheap gerber pos.

I've heard a few bad reviews of the Gerber Gryll's line, mainly on the serrations being too weak and tearing out under hard use. The choppers seem to do better. Still, nice to get a bit of variety in there.
    I don't know why there aren't more Ka-Bars and M4's in the show since they came by a lot of dead troops at the CDC? Commonality of ammo would be a big help to them. Also, where did a redneck like Merle get a Busse? I'd have expected a Buck 119.
    i was thinking a paramilitary 2 with custom handle

Any Para I've seen had a handle with the "palm swell" type grip, like the Manix style bird beak grips. A Military or Gen. 1 Manix is a big fist of a knife,as is the new Calypso for less money.

The Endura is a biggish knife, and she's only a little woman ;)

From the pic. it looks like a three finger grooves grip, so not flat at the back like my older Endura or the new H1 Salt knives. That and the textured FRN slabs, rather than the higher priced G10 or Titanium slabs, is why I think it's a Gen. IV Endura.
    Here's a pic. showing the types of grip I mean.

From left to right:

Endura 4, Military, Manix, Manix 83 mm, Para-Military and Delica 4

img10941mediumsp4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I don't know why there aren't more Ka-Bars and M4's in the show since they came by a lot of dead troops at the CDC?
    Ka-bars aren't standard military issue anymore as far as I'm aware.

The M9 bayonet is standard issue to most arms of the US Military, however knives like the Ka-Bar, Gerber, SOG and lots of multitools like Leatherman and Gerber have National Stock Numbers and can be ordered by units for issue or purchased privately on the base PX.

I've seen automatic Benchmades and Striders that were issued knives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Actually the army has (wrongly) taken the bayonet off issue but, the marines (rightly) have not. They designed a new one based on the kabar.

Advertisement