Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants a new blade...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

And a small mortgage to pay for them all.

Seriously, they're way too expensive for what you're getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

some beautiful weaponry there though.

good luck getting it into the country :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

1. Cost be damned, the mortgage wont matter when all the bankers are undead.
    2. Im sure there are ways and means if they can get them into the uk im sure we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If I was going to buy a blade I'd get a proper one that's designed for a task. I'd have my doubts that these blades would stand up to to much abuse as their simply not using the same manufacturing techniques that people did when they where actually using blades for this purpose. These will look great on over the mantel and probably would last a while but they'd be doomed to failure. I also don't credit the Americans as manufacturers they still use inches for precision engineering, that's just wrong.

looks like ill be sticking to my machetes then. defo getting one of their t shirts though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I tihnk they look awsome and if it wasnt for the overly hefty price tag I'd buy one to mount on the wall.

They are not expensive, it is really the low price that makes me think they're more of an ornament than a dependable weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Are u serious? You think machetes normally cost 300 dollars?

These are like 100 times more expensive then what you can buy them for. Allbeit not with the cool post-apoc designs.

Are u serious? You think machetes normally cost 300 dollars?

These are like 100 times more expensive then what you can buy them for. Allbeit not with the cool post-apoc designs.
    People don't make proper weapon blades any more they're all mass produced slabs of metal with basic heat treatment. A real proper blade/sword would cost hundreds to produce due to the man hours that would have to be put into them. In modern times we just accept blades that will break due to the cheapness of them. I haven't looked into it too much but I just don't think a modern rolled flat steel can compare to a folded steel blade.

I think the problem is exacerbated with longer blades too, it might be fine in a 6" blade but small flaws will be more of a problem with longer blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

http://www.coldsteel.com.

for Z killing tools that WILL work:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Speaking as a guy who likes sharp things, theres always been something slightly off putting about cold steel products

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

i dont know what the deal is with getting blades from the UK, but I do like to look at this site from time to time ....

www.blades-uk.com

I do like that they have the carbon content noted, and some of the swords are rated as 'practical' and 'for everyday martial artist use'

i dont know what the deal is with getting blades from the UK, but I do like to look at this site from time to time ....

www.blades-uk.com

I do like that they have the carbon content noted, and some of the swords are rated as 'practical' and 'for everyday martial artist use'

cant say ive ever had an issue getting them from the uk

I thought swords and stuff like this where illegal here unless you could show you where practising a martial art?

Nope, "katana's" are banned but katana's are for flashy c*nts so who care's

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

They look to be good somewhat functional fantasy weapons for the price.

A good handheld weapon needs to be properly tempered, needs a good Center of percussion and needs to be correctly balanced. The steel is correct as a base for achieving this so I'd be curious if the rest of the manufacturing is up to scratch.

I do like the falcata/Kopis.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'd love a bat'leth

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Nope, "katana's" are banned but katana's are for flashy c*nts so who care's

Those are the 40 quid plus yokes.If you have a genuine hand forged blade that costs as much as a good bespoke shotgun,you can have.[Obvoiusly not down in the local on a Sat night.;)]

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Doesmt change the fact that they're for posers

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

Doesmt change the fact that they're for posers

or ninjas

• Advertisement

jugger wrote: »
    or ninjas

As I said, posers

a ninja is the polar opposite of a poser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Niiiice but tad too pricey for me. Sticking to the machette and hatchets!Loving the art work and T Shirts.

jugger wrote: »
    a ninja is the polar opposite of a poser

I belive i also called them cnuts in a previous post

I belive i also called them cnuts in a previous post

i would belive that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Buataisi

Boar spear for picking them off at a distance, machete for when they get in close.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Buataisi wrote: »
    Boar spear for picking them off at a distance, machete for when they get in close.
    I would prefer something like this for up close combat
    tire-thumper.jpg
    19 inches of cedar with a solid lead core.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I got my very own fistful of fcuk yeah in the form of http://forum.sword-buyers-guide.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4596 all for €70. Will actually get some use out of it as a hatchet!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

one of those in each hand and you'd be a zombie killin' machine!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

just got my 'garden brush cutting tool' (aka 20" machette) in the post today. I was beginning to worry about customs stopping it!

Advertisement