Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Metal Bands

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Why are there so many pretentious replies to such a ridiculous question?
    Probably because I didn't close the thread back when it was started :).
    don't start threads bitching about bands who aren't 'metal' enough for you! It's fucking pointless.
    It can be very therapeutic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

To name but a few

The Blackening - Machine Head
    Anaal Nathrakh - In The Constellation of the Black Widow
    Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
    The Haunted - One Kill Wonder
    Napalm Death - Order of the Leech
    Rammstein - Mutter
    Vital Remains - Dechristianize
    Opeth - Deliverance
    Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard
    Nasum - Helvete
    Meshuggah - Obzen
    Lamb of God - As the Palaces Burn

Theres 12 albums released in the last 10 years and the bands hav'nt (in my humble opinion) done better before or after.
    Malice wrote: »
    I don't mean this to come out as a rant against you personally but honestly if someone hasn't managed to find any albums that they regard as truely great in the last eleven years they may want to find something else to do with their ears because music just might not be for them.

I'm not going to produce a long list of albums or "new" metal bands that I regard as truely great, suffice to say that I like new metal bands and albums, old metal bands and albums and even those metal bands and albums that are difficult to categorise as one or the other.
    I am actually a huge fan of Agalloch and Amorphis, but I wouldn not consider them new bands, especially not Amorphis as they have been around since around 1990. In answer to your question I think these particular albums are truly face-meltingly good.

Moonspell - Night Eternal
    Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side
    Nokturnal Mortum - The Voice of Steel (One of the best black metal albums since Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse)
    Draconian - Arcane Rain Fell
    Mael Mordha - Manannan
    Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
    Dark Tranquillity - Fiction
    Dispatched - Mother War
    Amorphis - Silent Waters
    A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
    Amon Amarth - Surtur Rising
    Demonaz - March Of The Norse
    Amorphis - The Begining of Times
    Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
    Rotting Christ - Genesis
    Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
    Agalloch - Marrow of The Spirit
    Daylight Dies - Lost to The Living
    Amorphis - Skyforger
    Omnium Gatherum - New World Shadows
    Sworn - Twilight
    Summoning - Oath Bound
    Rotting Soul - Khronos
    Wintersun - Wintersun
    Septic Flesh - The Great Mass
    Swallow The Sun - Ghosts of Loss Sun
    Darkthrone - Dark Thrones And Black Flags
    I - Between Two Worlds
    Arch Enemy - Khaos Legions
    Blood Ceremony - Living With The Ancients
    Hypocrisy - A Taste of Extreme Divinity
    Agalloch - The Mantle
    Amorphis - Silent Waters
    Thulcundra - Fallen Angels Dominion (Fantastic new band that pay a lot of homage to Dissection)
    Mactätus - Suicide
    Fields of The Nephilim - Mourning Sun

All those fantastic albums are truly amazing, and none of them have just a couple of standout songs like some new metal albums these days. I also think that what No. 1 Metal Fan meant by new bands is bands that were formed a couple of years ago, and are covered by the likes of Metal Hammer and Kerrang.

Thanks for the replies lads, I'm very comfortable in what I listen to Malice, but I appreciate the concern (rant) that metal is no longer for me.
    I think you missed my point...
    I am saying that when a young fella gets into metal, he is handed Master of Puppets, Vulgar Display of Power, Reign in Blood.
    These albums are 80s/early 90s.

What albums in the last 10 years are handed to a youngster? Probably the above albums still....

They're aren't handed*:
    Negura Bunget - Om
    Drudkh - Blood in our wells
    Nader Sadek - In the Flesh
    Tribulation - The Horror

Is it possible anymore to have albums like the former albums, or has the music world become so over saturated with msuic that nothing stays on people's minds long enough?

Am I making sense?

*list of albums I like

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

You could take social and habitual factors into account, but.....I dunno I'm kinda stumped as to what this thread is really supposed to be about now.

Anywho here's Fit for an Autopsy, was this what we were going for? Decent new metal bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Why are there so many pretentious replies to such a ridiculous question?
    Obviously people will have likes and dislikes. Listen to the stuff you like and don't listen to the stuff you don't like and don't start threads bitching about bands who aren't 'metal' enough for you! It's fucking pointless.

this, +infinity

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm very comfortable in what I listen to Malice, but I appreciate the concern (rant) that metal is no longer for me.
    I think you missed my point...
    I am saying that when a young fella gets into metal, he is handed Master of Puppets, Vulgar Display of Power, Reign in Blood.
    These albums are 80s/early 90s.
    Well now that's a bit different to what you originally wrote so it's no wonder my reply wasn't along those lines :). You do raise an interesting point with the above quote though and I'm going to start a separate thread on it because I disagree and I'm curious if I'm in the minority.

Edit: Thread is here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 No 1 Metal Fan

At one stage yes but then I lost interest in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

No room for new metal when life is almost exclusively one big Metalliclique :(

I suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 metalover

Yeah, if your talking about bands like Black Veil Brides and whatever emo "metal" I really hate it, I prefer listening to some good metal, like Megadeth and Slayer.

Advertisement