Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain America, Green Lantern, Thor, X-Men Destiny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It's the sort of game that I'd borrow from a friend for a while, I generally don't buy beat em ups, unless I try them and they're epic!!

I did like the first one though, havent played 2 yet, might see if Someone I know has it and wants to lend it to me for a while :)

Yeah, I enjoyed the first one myelf too (back when it was X-Men Vs Street Fighter). The second on has 3 on . Just can't get the hang of that, personally.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

While not really a superhero game I'd have a look at Just Cause 2. With the grapple you're pretty much superhuman and on PC there are mods that let you fly like Superman etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

deathrider wrote: »
    Yeah, I enjoyed the first one myelf too (back when it was X-Men Vs Street Fighter). The second on has 3 on . Just can't get the hang of that, personally.

Have you played Mortal Kombat versus DC? I really liked that one actually!! Great story and the cut scenes were great!
    5uspect wrote: »
    While not really a superhero game I'd have a look at Just Cause 2. With the grapple you're pretty much superhuman and on PC there are mods that let you fly like Superman etc.

Off to youtube I go :)

Cheers guys!

Have you played Mortal Kombat versus DC? I really liked that one actually!! Great story and the cut scenes were great!

I hated it. I'm a massive MK head, so this really wasn't for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

humanji wrote: »
    I think Ultimate Alliance 2 is an under-rated game. It's not the greatest game in the world, but if you like Marvel heroes, then you'll love making up your own supergroups with all the heroes and villains on offer. It also follows the Civil War storyline, which is really appealing to me, but means nothing to those who don't know what that is. :D

It's also one of the few games where I really wanted to get all the collectables and achievements to unlock new characters and alternate costumes etc.

If you can pick it up cheaply, I highly recommend it.
    Interesting, I'll check it out. I really enjoyed the first one, flawed that it was but was in no rush to pick up the sequel after reading some reviews. I'm also a bit behind on my comics so although I know what the Civil War was and some of the major events, I wasn't "omfgz Civil War" about it. :)

Regarding Just Cause 2, if you like the idea of it and want something a bit more linear (and, in fairness, not as good) then try out Bionic Commando. It was certainly flawed but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Course, picking it up a few months ago for like £8 new certainly helped. Speaking of which, I played Dark Void straight after it, another flawed game but a ****ing mile better than the Iron Man game. Maybe get the demos for those two and see what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i thought scott pilgrim vs the world was very fun , despite the lack of online co op

gizmo wrote: »

Regarding Just Cause 2, if you like the idea of it and want something a bit more linear (and, in fairness, not as good) then try out Bionic Commando. It was certainly flawed but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Course, picking it up a few months ago for like £8 new certainly helped. Speaking of which, I played Dark Void straight after it, another flawed game but a ****ing mile better than the Iron Man game. Maybe get the demos for those two and see what you think.

Really disliked Bionic Commando. It was just... just... Meh! However, oddly enough, I actually quite enjoyed Dark Void. We all now it was pretty poor, but I still managed to have a lot of fun with it.
    i thought scott pilgrim vs the world was very fun , despite the lack of online co op

Played the demo and loved it. Never got around to buying the full game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

+1 for Ultimate Alliance 2, very underrated but for the price you'd pay now it could be a gem Stan Lee even gets a cameo in it.

Infamous as well is a very good superhero game

Advertisement