Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain America, Green Lantern, Thor, X-Men Destiny

Options
  • 03-10-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Hey Gamers, first time post in here...........

Has anyone played any of the above mentioned games, I need some new games to fulfill my superhero game fix!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Hey Gamers, first time post in here...........

Has anyone played any of the above mentioned games, I need some new games to fulfill my superhero game fix!!!

Get none of the above. Play Arkham Asylum if you want to play a brilliant superhero game. Arkham City is out in just over 2 weeks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Get none of the above. Play Arkham Asylum if you want to play a brilliant superhero game. Arkham City is out in just over 2 weeks. :D

I've played Arkham Asylum, Loved it and cant wait for Arkham City, but the above interest me cause I love games where the characters have super powers. But given movie - game adaptations over the years I'd rather get some other opinions beofore shelling out €50+ for a game that could turn out to be a load of pants

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Have heard Cap America is ok, not great just ok, while the rest are woeful. Plus it was only €35 on release day so could be cheaper in some stores.

And if you are into MMO's, City of Heroes just went free-to-play, and DC Universe Online is following suit later this month.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Have heard Cap America is ok, not great just ok, while the rest are woeful. Plus it was only €35 on release day so could be cheaper in some stores.

And if you are into MMO's, City of Heroes just went free-to-play, and DC Universe Online is following suit later this month.

I actuall heard that the other day and it filled me with all sorts of warm tingly feelings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Depends on the console. Thor for the DS is made by WayForward, and is a great little platform game (at least it appears to be from what I've played of it so far)

• Advertisement

I'm talking about the xbox 360 versions. Not a fan of the DS myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

If you want to be a character with superpowers, I'd suggest holding off til Spider-Man: Edge of Time. It looks like it's going to be very similar to last year's Shattered Dimensions, which was great.

Incidentally, if you haven't played Shattered Dimensions, I'd heartily recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Has anyone here play spiderman web of shadows..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is pretty cool. It's fairly cheap now, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I have. It's good, but not great. The combat is pretty good, but the missions, plot and voice acting are poor. You'd find it cheap now though, it's worth a play if you're a Spidey fan!

• Advertisement

Mr. K wrote: »
    I have. It's good, but not great. The combat is pretty good, but the missions, plot and voice acting are poor. You'd find it cheap now though, it's worth a play if you're a Spidey fan!

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I haven't played any of the ones mentioned in the OP, but I've heard that Thor is all types of bad. I love comic booky games. I'd recommend Wolverine Origins, and Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions if you haven't already played them. I won't mention Batman... Because everyone else already has :p

Thought it was repetitive muck myself.

There should be a new teenage mutant ninja turtle game :(

And superman

There should be a new teenage mutant ninja turtle game :(

And superman

Oh, I'd love a new Turtles game! I'm guessing it's about time Superman had a good one too. He's due one at this stage.

Too bad this never got the light of day

Why? What happened to it?

Just thinking there. If they were to take a leaf outta Batman's book and bring out a dark, gritty Turtles game (close to the feel of the original comics), it would be fantastic stuff.

deathrider wrote: »
    Why? What happened to it?

Just thinking there. If they were to take a leaf outta Batman's book and bring out a dark, gritty Turtles game (close to the feel of the original comics), it would be fantastic stuff.

It was cancelled i dunno why , its a shame, a little more polish and it looks like it would of being great

And a dark gritty tmnt game would be insane..

4 player co op , taken on shredder and a hd massive technodrome would be kickass

It was cancelled i dunno why , its a shame, a little more polish and it looks like it would of being great

And a dark gritty tmnt game would be insane..

4 player co op , taken on shredder and a hd massive technodrome would be kickass

Kinda looked like a QTE in that vid, but I'm sure Superman would have had a lot more tricks up his sleeve. Not a fan of his myself, but I'd certainly give it a try. Pity it got pulled.

I say, bring on the Turtles game!

Mr. K wrote: »
    If you want to be a character with superpowers, I'd suggest holding off til Spider-Man: Edge of Time. It looks like it's going to be very similar to last year's Shattered Dimensions, which was great.

Incidentally, if you haven't played Shattered Dimensions, I'd heartily recommend it!

I have Shattered Dimensions..... Excellent game!!!!!

No but its meant to be really good, might see if I can find a cheap pre owned one
    humanji wrote: »
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is pretty cool. It's fairly cheap now, too.

Thats on the list :)
    I haven't played any of the ones mentioned in the OP, but I've heard that Thor is all types of bad. I love comic booky games. I'd recommend Wolverine Origins, and Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions if you haven't already played them. I won't mention Batman... Because everyone else already has :p
    Thought it was repetitive muck myself.

Have Wolverine also, finished it in about 3 hours!
    Oh, I'd love a new Turtles game! I'm guessing it's about time Superman had a good one too. He's due one at this stage.

Yeah a good Supes Game is LOOONG overdue, Returns was awful!!!!!!

Thats a real shame!! The clip there made it look like it was gonna be epic!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,892 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nothing ever quite gave me my fix like Zone of the Enders 2 did. Which might be a poor comment on supposed superhero games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I had heard the second Ultimate Alliance was a disappointment compared to the first one?

As for superhero type games, and I used the hero part in the loosest sense of the term, check out Prototype. I finished it a couple of months ago and thought it was quite fun. There's a sequel to it coming out early next year too if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: As for that Superman footage, as cool as it looks, it's pre-rendered. :o

gizmo wrote: »
    I had heard the second Ultimate Alliance was a disappointment compared to the first one?

As for superhero type games, and I used the hero part in the loosest sense of the term, check out Prototype. I finished it a couple of months ago and thought it was quite fun. There's a sequel to it coming out early next year too if I'm not mistaken.

I think Ultimate Alliance 2 is an under-rated game. It's not the greatest game in the world, but if you like Marvel heroes, then you'll love making up your own supergroups with all the heroes and villains on offer. It also follows the Civil War storyline, which is really appealing to me, but means nothing to those who don't know what that is. :D

It's also one of the few games where I really wanted to get all the collectables and achievements to unlock new characters and alternate costumes etc.

If you can pick it up cheaply, I highly recommend it.

gizmo wrote: »

What does that mean? lol
    I think Ultimate Alliance 2 is an under-rated game. It's not the greatest game in the world, but if you like Marvel heroes, then you'll love making up your own supergroups with all the heroes and villains on offer. It also follows the Civil War storyline, which is really appealing to me, but means nothing to those who don't know what that is. :D

It's also one of the few games where I really wanted to get all the collectables and achievements to unlock new characters and alternate costumes etc.

I didont know it followed the Civil War storyline....... This makes me very interested as it was a fantastic story!!!
    If you can pick it up cheaply, I highly recommend it.

What does that mean? lol
    It means it's not actual game footage, but a cut scene that was to be in the game. The actual game could look completely different.

It means it's not actual game footage, but a cut scene that was to be in the game. The actual game could look completely different.

Ah I see, well it still looked a damn sight better than the Cut scenes in Superman Returns............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Considering that there's a new Superman movie out in 2013, I think it's a safe bet to assume there'll be a new game too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The best Spidey game around is Shattered Dimensions, well worth a play, probably get it cheap now that Edge of Time is due to be released soon.

gloobag wrote: »
    Considering that there's a new Superman movie out in 2013, I think it's a safe bet to assume there'll be a new game too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/

Ah yeah that goes without saying!! They'll defo release a new game in order to get more cash from the franchise.
    The best Spidey game around is Shattered Dimensions, well worth a play, probably get it cheap now that Edge of Time is due to be released soon.

Yea Dimensions is awesome!! I got a pre owned copy if it for €20 in gamestop

Have Wolverine also, finished it in about 3 hours!

Yeah, it's all types of short. But, gooe lordi lordi, it was a hell of a lot of fun!

Would Marvel Vs Capcom 3 tickle your fancy atall atall? I'm not a fan of it myself (3 on 3 fighting just seems too messy for my liking), but I'm sure there's a lot of fun to be had with it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's all types of short. But, gooe lordi lordi, it was a hell of a lot of fun!

Would Marvel Vs Capcom 3 tickle your fancy atall atall? I'm not a fan of it myself (3 on 3 fighting just seems too messy for my liking), but I'm sure there's a lot of fun to be had with it.

It's the sort of game that I'd borrow from a friend for a while, I generally don't buy beat em ups, unless I try them and they're epic!!

I did like the first one though, havent played 2 yet, might see if Someone I know has it and wants to lend it to me for a while :)

Advertisement