Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beast guessing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Rubidgea?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Rubidgea was venomous? :O

But no, its not the answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Well, I'm stumped...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    Well, I'm stumped...

Giving up r u?

Yyyyyyyyyyup.

• Advertisement

Yyyyyyyyyyup.

Ok. It's Megawhaitsia patrichae, a giant therapsid (estimated to be about as big as a tiger), possibly a therocephalian and known from a jaw found in Russia; it seems that the thing was venomous and filled the niche of gorgonopsids as top predator, in a place where gorgonopsids seemingly didn´t exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Allosaur

Ok, what next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Allosaur wrote: »
    Ok, what next.

As nobody got the right answer I think Adam does another one. But I leave that up to you guys.

An easy one.

A skull of this creature was thought for many years to be the skull of an actual dragon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wooly Rhino?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wooly Rhino?

Correct :D Your turn

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ok, Godzilla fought a descendent of this guy on quite a few occasions :pac:

Ok, Godzilla fought a descendent of this guy on quite a few occasions :pac:

Australopithecus? :D XD

No, they were more like running for their lives...

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Australopithecus? :D XD

No, they were more like running for their lives...

Nope :)

Nope :)

Not fair, I never saw any Godzilla movies except for Roland Emmerich's...

I do remember that some of his enemies looked like/were based on Pteranodon and Ankylosaurus... any of these?

Not fair, I never saw any Godzilla movies except for Roland Emmerich's...

I do remember that some of his enemies looked like/were based on Pteranodon and Ankylosaurus... any of these?

Curses!! Ankylosaurus it is. :D

Was referring to this guy: Anguirus

Curses!! Ankylosaurus it is. :D

Was referring to this guy: Anguirus

Precisely the one I remembered XD

Let's see... this dinosaur was once said to have been semi-aquatic. When threatened at least.

Let's see... this dinosaur was once said to have been semi-aquatic. When threatened at least.

Really longshot considering the size of the guy, but a Brachiosaurus maybe?

Really longshot considering the size of the guy, but a Brachiosaurus maybe?

This was said of Brachiosaurus as well, correct, but its not the creature I had in mind. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Allosaur

Is it a Mosasaur?

No it isn't ignore this answer. Its morning time. I don't do those.

• Advertisement

Koreaceratops, the allegedly semi-aquatic ceratopsian?

Koreaceratops, the allegedly semi-aquatic ceratopsian?

Nope. Its not a newly found dino.

Masiakasaurus or is it something more recently discovered?

Masiakasaurus or is it something more recently discovered?

Nah. Found much earlier.

Parasaurolophus (snorkel head)?

Parasaurolophus (snorkel head)?

Good guess but no :D

Advertisement