Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensory deprivation tank

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Do not fall for it..

or not into it, at least :eek: is just a posh name for the slurry tank.

and the sensory depravation part of it is your nervous system dieing after you have fallen in and are on your way to dieing for real

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

It worked for Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd love to try one, just for the experience of total quiet and darkness. I bet I could sleep soooooooo well in one of those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

In combination with Cortexiphan and LSD you can slip between parallel universes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Overflow wrote: »
    In combination with Cortexiphan and LSD you can slip between parallel universes :)

It's taken me about 2 days to find the courage to read this. Put in a tank - a dark tank - with no sound audible, no way to see & left floating in water in the dark. Makes me feel ill to think about it. Clearly I have trust issues. Not to mention the buried alive & waterlogged coffin thoughts that I can't get out of my mind .
    No way thank you , not if it was free, not if you paid me. Horrified by the concept.
    Relax? I'd sooner stick pins in my shins to relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I read that as 'I'd rather stick my penis in my shins'

Not a nice sensation, I'd imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

It's taken me about 2 days to find the courage to read this. Put in a tank - a dark tank - with no sound audible, no way to see & left floating in water in the dark. Makes me feel ill to think about it. Clearly I have trust issues. Not to mention the buried alive & waterlogged coffin thoughts that I can't get out of my mind .
    No way thank you , not if it was free, not if you paid me. Horrified by the concept.

It does sound a bit like 'relaxation Guantanamo Bay style' doesn't it?

If you fail to have a revelation about the meaning of life while floating there, do they offer you a free waterboarding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

conorhal wrote: »
    It does sound a bit like 'relaxation Guantanamo Bay style' doesn't it?

If you fail to have a revelation about the meaning of life while floating there, do they offer you a free waterboarding?

no but you get a free motorboating

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

45 minutes isn't enough time if you take a fistful of shrooms before you go in. When they open the door after 45 minutes it freaks the hell out of you, the guards end up being called and it takes 5 of them to drag you out of your foxhole. Other than that it's great.

• Advertisement

This is something Stoners use simply to help them focus which they then mistake for the secrets of the universe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This is something Stoners use simply to help them focus which they then mistake for the secrets of the universe :rolleyes:
    Ironically some scientists do use drugs to discover the secrets of the universe. The DNA helix was realised while under the influence of LSD.

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thought this was going to be a thread about some new form of torture that's been uncovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I used one before in a different place in Dublin. I found it quite relaxing and feel asleep. When I wrote I was very well rested, but I didn't have any out-of-body sensations. Maybe I would have if I'd stayed awake.

However, the place I did it in seemed like an office with a tank shoved into it. There was a cheap-ass shower stuck in one corner and nowhere to put your clothes except on the ground. Overall it wasn't as good an experience as I'd hoped for. I'd have gained more from a back massage, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

ScumLord wrote: »
    Ironically some scientists do use drugs to discover the secrets of the universe. The DNA helix was realised while under the influence of LSD.

complete myth

• Registered Users Posts: 1 discgolfer420

If you want to experience an outer body experience or get tuned in to your third eye, try d.m.t and it makes you feel great days after and productive

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

If you want to experience an outer body experience or get tuned in to your third eye, try d.m.t and it makes you feel great days after and productive

No need to tune in ...my third eye is always firmly within my grasp.

Advertisement