Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another series of 'Arrested Development'... and a movie!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,155 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So in case anyone was wondering just how many injokes & callbacks there were in the original run of the series, the internet shall provide:

http://recurringdevelopments.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Dr. Tobias Fünke has his own website!

http://insertmeanywhere.biz/#/home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I would say the Simpsons is about the worst thing on television as the moment.

You've never seen Honey Boo Boo I take it?

doubledown wrote: »

"We can talk about payment later. Any backend you give me I'm sure I'll be happy with!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm away next weekend so won't get to start watching it until the Monday evening. Stupid Portugal not having Netflix :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm away next weekend so won't get to start watching it until the Monday evening. Stupid Portugal not having Netflix :(

thinly veiled "I'm rich and on holiday" post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

One half of that is true :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

doubledown wrote: »

Found this!

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 48 rossy1044

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Apparently in the new season for quite a few scenes characters are just superimposed with each other. I'm worried how stilted it will feel.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/sources-claim-arrested-development-used-green-screens-to-edit-the-actors-into-scenes-due-to-scheduling-conflicts

Rivals Lucille Bluth (Jessica Walter) and Lucille Austero (Liza Minnelli) share the screen in at least one scene in the new season, but the characters, who are shown interacting in a restaurant, were not in the same room together, according to one source.

For that scene, the source described Hurwitz reading, off camera, Walter’s parts while Minnelli filmed her lines. The footage was later combined with footage Walter filmed alone. The result, says this source, is a mixed bag.

“It does look kind of like the Austin Powers stuff — you can tell that it was green screened,” said the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

• Advertisement

snausages wrote: »
    Apparently in the new season for quite a few scenes characters are just superimposed with each other. I'm worried how stilted it will feel.

Knowing Arrested Development they'll have written in gags making fun of the way it was filmed.

"Oh Lucille, it's so good to see you."
    - "I know, it feels like we haven't sat down together for ages."
    "It still feels like that for some reason."

yada yada (imagine a funnier version of the above for proper effect to be achieved)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,155 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, I reserve scepticism for anything reported from 'a source'; It could work, but it depends on how well they can fake the chemistry & reactions to the zingers

That said I could well believe it; it was reported ages back that they couldn't get all the cast together at the same time, but I had just presumed they would keep everyone separated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Four more days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Rewatching the 2nd series atm and it is still as hilarious as the first time that i watched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

lertsnim wrote: »
    Rewatching the 2nd series atm and it is still as hilarious as the first time that i watched it.

Yeah I started watching from half way through the 2nd season there a week or two ago. Finished it and went straight back to season one! I am ready. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off work too. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

BEES!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 rossy1044

Grimebox wrote: »
    Yeah I started watching from half way through the 2nd season there a week or two ago. Finished it and went straight back to season one! I am ready. I have Tuesday and Wednesday off work too. Can't wait

I'm halfway through the 1st season again, god pier pressure is a funny episode. Really hope this new season is good it really has a lot to live up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not long now kids.. there's an amazing shirt on Qwertee to celebrate it's return.

An instant-buy for me!

productimage-picture-i-ve-made-a-huge-mistake-21340_800x_.png

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Just signed up for Netflix :D Oh my god, I am so excited. I actually cannot believe that it is actually here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This post has been deleted.
    8.01AM..

.. well, according to the Netflix Twitter anyways:

7QmvyT.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Just signed up for Netflix :D Oh my god, I am so excited. I actually cannot believe that it is actually here.

It's like having a man-go in your mouth! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Basq wrote: »
    8.01AM..

.. well, according to the Netflix Twitter anyways:

7QmvyT.png

Oh, so glad we won't be waiting until Monday :)
    It'll be tough rationing them out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Ridiculously excited!
    Hope theres no streaming issues with it given the probable high demand.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Oh, so glad we won't be waiting until Monday :)
    It'll be tough rationing them out though.

I'm afraid that i'll end up having prematurely shot my wad of episodes, and end up with quite a mess on my hands...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

26th! yippie!!!

Time to finish off season 3, with a cuppa and a jam sandwich before 08:01 :p

p.s. I really want a frozen banana right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

15 episodes all there now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

" take a look at banner michael"

• Advertisement

Watched a couple of episodes (going to try and space them out a little) and it definitely has some funny moments. Not sure about the flashbacks with Seth Rogan / Kirsten Wiig as George & Lucille though.

Oh and there are a couple of greenscreen moments, where actors clearly weren't sharing the screen; its not too distracting, as otherwise absent characters are kept in the background as body doubles (turned away from the camera)

Advertisement