Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - October 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is a 6 degree difference between Donegal and Dublin right now.

http://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/default.asp?RegionId=0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Very windy and mild in Dublin CC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Driving drizzle in Galway ....more or less 48 hours continous of it now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Lots and lots of flooding on the small roads in North Leitrim. Also there are reports of a car stuck in a flood on the Kinlough Manorhamilton road. Rain, rain and more rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Yeah, i make it day 3 of this wind,fog, and drizzle shizzle. Still warm though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very mild little wind and fairly overcast with a mix of light and dark cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah, i make it day 3 of this wind,fog, and drizzle shizzle. Still warm though.
    There seems to be a lot of flooding around this morning although I heard no real rain last night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Heavy rain overnight and early this morning. Currently heavy drizzle. 14C.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

km79 wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of flooding around this morning although I heard no real rain last night ?
    I'm not sure about last night but after three days of heavy drizzle with a few heavier showers mixed in there is bound to be some flooding, it is Galway after all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭pauldry

Road between Sligo and Geevagh saturated 30mm of rain overnight at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Temp 14.7C
    Wind 9.7km/h W
    Humd 100%
    Rain 7.0mm (since midnight)

Yet another wonderful day in Ballyhaunis!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

Temp 14.7C
    Wind 9.7km/h W
    Humd 100%
    Rain 7.0mm (since midnight)

Yet another wonderful day in Ballyhaunis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lots of flooding here as well, nearly every river and lake I passed between Dungloe and Doochary was overflowing and lots of standing water everywhere. Rain has actually stopped now but still that low cloud and mist everywhere, constant since Friday night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its been raining/drizzling for 60 hours in Galway now, only another 24 to go. Worse things are further north. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Its been raining/drizzling for 60 hours in Galway now, only another 24 to go. Worse things are further north. :(

It's depressing. You can't go anywhere without getting soaked!

Had a look at the RTE forecast at lunch and it's showing another dirty warm front over the centre of the country tomorrow. So, another day of this crap. I'm calling it mizzle - miserable mist and drizzle:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

ronnie3585 wrote: »

Had a look at the RTE forecast at lunch and it's showing another dirty warm front over the centre of the country tomorrow. So, another day of this crap. I'm calling it mizzle - miserable mist and drizzle:mad:

I like the word mizzle it describes the weather perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I am also a mizzle fan !

Has been mizzling all day here :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

ronnie3585 wrote: »

It's not that bad, just put on some wet gear.
    It's not the heavy rain that soaks you in a few minutes. I'm enjoying it as it is so warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Its not depressing. Its interesting weather. I like going for a walk in weather like this, place looks moody. Wear the right gear though. We are blessed with variation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

In youghal atm. 14 deg,dry,light south westerly wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Wind 1.5 km/h WSW. Barometer 1010.0 mb, Falling slowly. Temperature 11.4 °C. Rain today 12.4 mm. Humidity 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Wet and windy in Castlebar.Low cloud on the hills etc etc...Mild.Strong Westerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

It's been raining here for over 2 days. Never seen it this wet for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Actually cleared up slightly for a few hours earlier but back to the usual persistent rain again for the past 5 hours. There's just been a constant blob of rain over Ulster since last Friday night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

15 degrees and fairly windy........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Very windy in Castlebar at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Windy with a temp of 15.4c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

What the hell's with the strength of the wind? Been gusting to nearly a gale here in N Louth the past couple of hours...lot of rain to my north after clearing earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jenningso

Wertz wrote: »
    What the hell's with the strength of the wind? Been gusting to nearly a gale here in N Louth the past couple of hours...lot of rain to my north after clearing earlier.

Been the same here in N Galway for 3 nights running, but little mention of wind in forecasts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

And yes.... It's still steady rain here. Non stop now for nearly 3 days.

Advertisement