Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structures on the moon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

yekahS wrote: »
    So as per usual you've nothing to add to the discussion other than your well worn 'The Skeptics on this forum aren't very nice' argument.

I realise that I'm guilty of going OT now too, I can't help myself sometimes.

I don't care if people are nice or not.
    Is it not true that most threads on this forum follow the same path?
    OP makes statement or poses question, sceptics arrive and point out the obvious faults which everyone can see and the topic rarely gets dicussed on its merits, however tenuous they might be.

Oh the sceptics aren't very nice, boo hoo I'm so upset by the nasty person on the interent who doesn't agree with me.

Ok OP, what exactly would these structures be used for?
    Who built them?
    How long have they been there?

Glazers Out!

Barrington wrote: »
    And you don't think dragging up the past will do the exact same thing you're complaining about?

Back on topic please folks. We have a feedback thread for discussions about the forum in general. Feel free to use it.

No, it will but the forum is inherintly bad as a medium for discussion as it stands, surely pointing out that obvious fact is as worthwhile as pointing out galringly obvious holes in a CT?

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

IMO,evidence of Life Past or Present on the Moon wont present itself in the form of structures on the surface, an civilisation advanced enough toget to the moon would have the basic common sense to look at all the impact craters and realise that it would be rather stupid to build on the surface.

any former or curent ocupation of the moon would have to be subteranean in nature, what we should be lookin for are anomolous openings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

IMO,evidence of Life Past or Present on the Moon wont present itself in the form of structures on the surface, an civilisation advanced enough toget to the moon would have the basic common sense to look at all the impact craters and realise that it would be rather stupid to build on the surface.

any former or curent ocupation of the moon would have to be subteranean in nature, what we should be lookin for are anomolous openings.

I don't think they'd build on the moon with juicy Earth so nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

nullzero wrote: »
    I personally dont think the images the OP is discussing are evidence of structures on the moon. If I'm being honest I doubt there are any structures on the moon, I reach that conclusion by using conventional logic.
    Now It is possible that structures do exist on the moon, or mermaids at the bottom of the ocean or indeed vampires. My position is that I'd need some pretty good proof to start believing in such things, however I would be exceptionally arrogant to assume that these things cannot exist in any circumstance because of what I believe.

The sceptics on this forum are an odd bunch really.
    So quick to storm in stating the bleeding obvious about these topics when anyone reading the threads can draw these conclusions for themselves.

I fvcking well agree with all of you sceptics on this one, I merely stated that there is a possibilty that we could be wrong as there is no evidence one way or the other. Seeing you're all so partial to stating the obvious I thought I'd join in, you know, try to be one of the cool kids. Maybe I should have insulted the OP as well, was that where I fell down?

I never called anyone a smart arse for using logic, I pointed out the under lying theme of condescension that had gone previously in the thread, and which seems to be a staple of most replies from sceptics on this forum.
    God forbid somebody might believe in something strange, surely someone should set them straight and save humanity from the horrible future it would surely have should a few people believe in some weird stuff without good reason.

CT forum sceptics will never miss a good opportunity to say "No, you're wrong".

I think I understand the point you are making, but to say there is no evidence therefore it might be true is not realistic.

Do you believe in the theory of gravity? if someone said "no real evidence of that, I think its aliens" would you honestly say that well ok maybe we have it wrong about what causes gravity?
    The sceptics on this forum are an odd bunch really.
    So quick to storm in stating the bleeding obvious about these topics when anyone reading the threads can draw these conclusions for themselves.

I have no idea what other people are thinking, thats why I like this site - I get to read other peoples opinions - so I dont want to guess too much about what conclusions others might have reached.
    Now It is possible that structures do exist on the moon, or mermaids at the bottom of the ocean or indeed vampires. My position is that I'd need some pretty good proof to start believing in such things, however I would be exceptionally arrogant to assume that these things cannot exist in any circumstance because of what I believe.

What is the the possibility? I know its an unfair question to a degree but I am curious, can you quantify the possibility?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't care if people are nice or not.
    Is it not true that most threads on this forum follow the same path?
    OP makes statement or poses question, sceptics arrive and point out the obvious faults which everyone can see and the topic rarely gets dicussed on its merits, however tenuous they might be.

So we should just indulge whatever insanity is posted on the forum and not point out the faults? I thought we were all after the same thing - the truth.

If a conspiracy theory doesn't stand up to skeptical scrutiny then you'd have to wonder what's the point of it. Good thing there's skeptics visiting this forum to keep ye honest or who knows what this place would resemble!

FWIW, I looked at the pictures above, and don't see any unusual hexagonal structure at all :confused: Even if there was a perfect hexagon, what would that indicate? Given a big enough area of land and millions of years of erosion, it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere on the moon there was a 500 foot penis-shaped structure too, complete with balls.

Monkeys typing the works of Shakespeare, and pariedolia (eg. face on Mars) come to mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I don't think they'd build on the moon with juicy Earth so nearby.

I'd subscribe to the theory that any colonisation of the Moon originated from here, for the same reason.

More replies from enraged skeppies, I've fielded all those questions already so I'm going to do us all a favour and not dignify them with a response.

Gravity is a law btw, I don't mean to be petty when I say that but it's a very well known fact, sorry for pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

No more warnings. Next off topic post gets a one week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

David Icke believes the moon is one big alien base. Something like the 'death star' in Star Wars. Designed to control humans by planting thoughts in our brains etc. I find it hard to believe,but we've never been there to know what the feck it actually is. All we know is what we've been told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Well, we have been there, just not for a while.

But the immediate question I'd have about Mr Jones ideas would be this - if the moon is a spaceship then it must be at the very least partially hollow. How does it then square with everything we've observed, such as the mass, mean density, gravitational pull etc etc.
    If the moon were anything other than solid rock (and a molten core) then surely none of these figures would add up?

Not that I'm asking you to defend someone else's idea, lest offence be caused, - just thinking out loud, as it were.

Well, we have been there, just not for a while.

But the immediate question I'd have about Mr Jones ideas would be this - if the moon is a spaceship then it must be at the very least partially hollow. How does it then square with everything we've observed, such as the mass, mean density, gravitational pull etc etc.
    If the moon were anything other than solid rock (and a molten core) then surely none of these figures would add up?

Not that I'm asking you to defend someone else's idea, lest offence be caused, - just thinking out loud, as it were.

What I meant was,you and I have never been there. So we actually don't have a clue what's on it or what it is for sure. Whereas,we know for sure grass is green and what it feels like cos we can see and feel for ourselves. All we know about the moon is what we've been told. And if it is an Alien base,which I don't necessarily believe (I just think it's a fascinating concept) they would be so far evolved they probably would have the technology that can give the illusion that it is nothing more than solid rock.

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    What I meant was,you and I have never been there. So we actually don't have a clue what's on it or what it is for sure. Whereas,we know for sure grass is green and what it feels like cos we can see and feel for ourselves. All we know about the moon is what we've been told. And if it is an Alien base,which I don't necessarily believe (I just think it's a fascinating concept) they would be so far evolved they probably would have the technology that can give the illusion that it is nothing more than solid rock.

I think it's curious all right, but I guess the problem i have is that any question about these kind of ideas just gets a hand wave of "Advanced technology! MAGIC!" which tends to end up with anything being possible.
    Literally, anything.

Which is handy as basis for a Sci-Fi plot device, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

So then this begs the question: if the Moon behaves as though it is solid, why should people think it's not?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

I think it's curious all right, but I guess the problem i have is that any question about these kind of ideas just gets a hand wave of "Advanced technology! MAGIC!" which tends to end up with anything being possible.
    Literally, anything.

Which is handy as basis for a Sci-Fi plot device, but that's about it.

Already in the pipeline, have a look at this site;

http://www.ironsky.net/

Surprised it has not been mentioned before, just had a thought maybe this whole thread is viral marketing for a movie?, now thats a conspiracy.

Surprised it has not been mentioned before, just had a thought maybe this whole thread is viral marketing for a movie?, now thats a conspiracy.

I knew it sounded familiar.

Confounded space Nazi's, whatever will they think of next.

King Mob wrote: »
    So then this begs the question: if the Moon behaves as though it is solid, why should people think it's not?

Some choose to live inside the box,others choose to think outside it. Simples. ;)

I don't believe it's that far fetched to think that there is something out there,somewhere in the Universe far superior to our fine selves on planet Earth,With technological capabilities that we can't even begin to imagine. I know the thought of that scares people so they laugh it off and label it as 'mad' but come on the Universe is a pretty big place. It's a real possibility,right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

That's Yuri from Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Some choose to live inside the box,others choose to think outside it. Simples. ;)

I don't believe it's that far fetched to think that there is something out there,somewhere in the Universe far superior to our fine selves on planet Earth,With technological capabilities that we can't even begin to imagine. I know the thought of that scares people so they laugh it off and label it as 'mad' but come on the Universe is a pretty big place. It's a real possibility,right?

And it's possible that life isn't real, we're all just being simulated on a computer in a lab somewhere, but why propose that this is the case unless there is some compelling reason to believe it?

Coming up with zany ideas isn't too hard, but unless you've got evidence to support them then they're really pointless. Unless you're just entertaining yourself and make no truth claims for these theories, in which case grand - each to their own!

Dave! wrote: »
    And it's possible that life isn't real, we're all just being simulated on a computer in a lab somewhere, but why propose that this is the case unless there is some compelling reason to believe it?

Coming up with zany ideas isn't too hard, but unless you've got evidence to support them then they're really pointless. Unless you're just entertaining yourself and make no truth claims for these theories, in which case grand - each to their own!

More and more scientists are beginning to take the view that the highlighted text above is quite plausible, although I take your point. As far as this "reality" is concerned, at least from a standard viewpoint you're "right" in what you say, of you get me.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

More and more scientists are beginning to take the view that the highlighted text above is quite plausible, although I take your point. As far as this "reality" is concerned, at least from a standard viewpoint you're "right" in what you say, of you get me.

which scientists???? believe this to be true

And then what information do they use to base the choice on exactly?
    And I agree with you there, but don't see how this can be used to show that the moon is hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Has anyone watched the whole 9 parts of the movie??

Im interested in knowing why on many of the photos nasa black out the sky so you see no stars and none of the markers from the camera,maybe its not such a conspiracy but why would they do that,i cant figure it out...

If there is no structures on the moon then why in some of the photos that appear to be from a side view can you see towers sticking up into the sky,what are these "towers"

CyberJuice wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the whole 9 parts of the movie??

Im interested in knowing why on many of the photos nasa black out the sky so you see no stars and none of the markers from the camera,maybe its not such a conspiracy but why would they do that,i cant figure it out...
    Well if they are referring to pictures taken during the apollo missions, the answer is simple: the sun was up and the cameras were set for daylight exposures.
    CyberJuice wrote: »
    If there is no structures on the moon then why in some of the photos that appear to be from a side view can you see towers sticking up into the sky,what are these "towers"
    Well could you post up a few of these pictures or point to the times they appear in the film?

Advertisement