Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ESB And Eirgrid can go f*ck themselves - Merge

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

loremolis wrote: »
    That's funny because I'm sure that I know about these matters.
    What do you know about compensation for transmission lines and what about compensation for transmission lines would you like me to clarify for you?

For starters can you explain how the statutory compensation is calculated and the difference between this amount and the amount that is actually paid? And how that figure is arrived at. Then can you explain the 3 stage payment process?

Actually there's no need. I have relative who has gone through this about 3 years ago (different part of the country) so I'm fully aware of how it is all done.

But I'll play along, give me your version so I can have a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Loremolis, when you're finished Googling the answers to the questions above, it'll be obvious to you then why your assertion that the other poster's father didn't know his rights is complete sh1te.

EDIT - And did you ever answer was it that you were (a) sacked from ESB, (b) didn't get past the interview or (c) was employed as a contractor but didn't get renewed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

There's always one fcuking moron who will try to hold up the completion of a major piece of infrastructure that would ultimately benefit millions. The planning process in this country is unfairly weighed in favour of these nut jobs, who can frustrate a scheme for years for almost no financial outlaw or penalty if their claims are found to be spurious.

I met the CEO of a large, very well known multinational a couple of weeks ago through work. He told me that if he had known 4years ago what he knows now in relation to securing planning permission for a large factory they want to build (in the west that will provide 100's of high skilled jobs), he would have went to Denmark instead.
    That's worrying.

The Government need to get their fingers out and do something about this before the country starts suffering economically.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

For starters can you explain how the statutory compensation is calculated and the difference between this amount and the amount that is actually paid? And how that figure is arrived at. Then can you explain the 3 stage payment process?

Actually there's no need. I have relative who has gone through this about 3 years ago (different part of the country) so I'm fully aware of how it is all done.

But I'll play along, give me your version so I can have a laugh

Second question first.
    The 3 stage payment is called the Flexibility Access Payment. It is an ex-gratia payment to landowners and it is made in 3 payments; the first when access is granted, the second when the lines are strung along the straight and the third when the line is energised. This is not staturoty compensation and has nothing to do with statutory compensation. For a bonus point, can you tell me who the parties to the Flexibility Access Payment scheme are and what the other (original) name for the FA payments arrangment is?

The statutory compensation is calculated by Statutory Property Arbitrators under rules 1 to 6 of the Land Acquisition (Assessment of Compensation) Act 1919. For another bonus point, can you tell me how many arbitrators currently hold office under this Act and who appoints those arbitrators?

I don't understand your question about "the difference between this amount and the amount that is actually paid?"

For a final bonus point, can you tell me what the name of the document agreed between ESB and Eirgrid is that sets out the functions of both under the 2000 Electricity Regulations?

Did your relative make a stautory claim for compensation as well as receiving the Flexibility Access Payment? No? Too bad.. Laugh away.

Loremolis, when you're finished Googling the answers to the questions above, it'll be obvious to you then why your assertion that the other poster's father didn't know his rights is complete sh1te.

EDIT - And did you ever answer was it that you were (a) sacked from ESB, (b) didn't get past the interview or (c) was employed as a contractor but didn't get renewed?

You can't Google this stuff, you either know it or you don't. If his father waited for ESB to pay him the pittance for the Flexibiltiy Access Payments and didn't make the statutory claim then he didn't know his rights.

(a) No (b) No (c) No.

Anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

loremolis wrote: »
    You can't Google this stuff, you either know it or you don't. If his father waited for ESB to pay him the pittance for the Flexibiltiy Access Payments and didn't make the statutory claim then he didn't know his rights.

(a) No (b) No (c) No.

Anything else?

Lol what are you talking about

Lol what are you talking about

Stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Was just thinking about this thread yesterday when I saw Heathrow is getting a third runway

Few villages have to be bulldozed to make way

All for the greater good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

danjo-xx wrote: »
    When you look at the aerial view of this woodland you have to be made of steel not to feel hurt by this hugh scar cut through it.

There must have been a better way even apart from going underground, surely overhead power lines can be routed around objects.

I find it hard to accept that they can only go in straight lines but of course this is the quickest and cheapest option.

To put an old person behind bars for defending a beautiful piece of nature which shouldn't need defending anyway, in this day and age is just.........

aah I give up:(

danjo-xx wrote: »
    ......this hugh scar cut through it.......

That could've worked as a really good fire-break

http://i.imgur.com/Gnc0xqJ.jpg

- she's the equivalent of crazy-cat-lady

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

We now have 2/3 going to hold up the Apple Athenry project.

I know Shell did a lot of damage to the planning system with their 1st planning in Mayo but balance is long gone out the window.

ESB used about an acre from me a few years ago. Restored perfectly, a little compensation. It's the greater good and not being a dick.

• Advertisement

Well Jack Presley, what do you know?

Nothing? Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Was just thinking about this thread yesterday when I saw Heathrow is getting a third runway

Few villages have to be bulldozed to make way

All for the greater good

about 3500 flights per day in/out of the 5 London airports :

Advertisement