Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ESB And Eirgrid can go f*ck themselves - Merge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

loremolis wrote: »
    It is when you're drugged till you can't talk properly.:D

True loremolis , and it is not as if I lose any sleep over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just been an item on Overhead power lines on the BBC and they said the cost of undergrounding is at least 10 times more, and greater depending on the topography, soil, water table etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

It has been 3 months and despite the fact that the ESB still haven't built the power line over her land, the lights have stayed on (even in Tullamore) and civilisation hasn't descended into anarchy because of it.

I'm looking forward to the day that the ESB have to conduct their business within a clear and open framework.

I can see round 2 happening in the new year.
    http://www.teresatreacy.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm looking forward to the day that the ESB have to conduct their business within a clear and open framework.

You'd like to see a root and branch change at the ESB is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

It has been 3 months and despite the fact that the ESB still haven't built the power line over her land, the lights have stayed on (even in Tullamore) and civilisation hasn't descended into anarchy because of it.

You do yourself no favours resorting to such rubbish and sensationalism. As I'm sure you're well aware such work is about upgrading the national grid infrastructure to meet future demand, not current. It's an important part of what needs to be done especially if we want to to be able to harness things like the full potential of Ireland's renewable energy resources and to ensure we can meet increasing demand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Loremolis, how excited were you when you misread EBS as ESB in the latest reports? :pac:

You'd like to see a root and branch change at the ESB is it?

If by root and branch you mean the people who work within the ESB then no, not at all. Most of the people who work for the ESB do a good job. While they may be overpaid, they are not what I was referring to.

If you read my post properly, I referred to the framework i.e. the swystem and legislation within which the ESB operate. The operation of that system was the reason that this thread was started.

If Teresa Treacy sticks to her guns then round 2 may end up back in court and that will undoubtedly bring some clarity to the matter.

token56 wrote: »
    You do yourself no favours resorting to such rubbish and sensationalism. As I'm sure you're well aware such work is about upgrading the national grid infrastructure to meet future demand, not current. It's an important part of what needs to be done especially if we want to to be able to harness things like the full potential of Ireland's renewable energy resources and to ensure we can meet increasing demand.

If you've read any of this thread you would see that the rubbish and sensationalism you refer to was started by the judge who jailed the woman for blocking the ESB and continued by many others within this thread.

I was referring to those sensationalist posts by sarcastically pointing out that the lights are still on despite the ESB being unable to complete the line in question. Again, have a look at previous posts in this regard.

I am well aware that there is a need for electricity infrastructure, my point is simply that people who own land have rights and the ESB do not respect those rights.

Dudess wrote: »
    Loremolis, how excited were you when you misread EBS as ESB in the latest reports? :pac:

What are you on about?

Also, what does :pac: actually mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

If you've read any of this thread you would see that the rubbish and sensationalism you refer to was started by the judge who jailed the woman for blocking the ESB and continued by many others within this thread.

I've read the majority of this thread and can't see any sensationalism by the judge being mentioned but maybe I missed. The judge acted within the law by jailing the woman, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, but its not sensationalism. Some of the posts on both sides have been sensationalist.
    I was referring to those sensationalist posts by sarcastically pointing out that the lights are still on despite the ESB being unable to complete the line in question. Again, have a look at previous posts in this regard.

And it does your argument no favours. Treating sensationalism with sensationalism is not really the best tactic if you want to be taken serious imo.
    I am well aware that there is a need for electricity infrastructure, my point is simply that people who own land have rights and the ESB do not respect those rights.

Under the current law you do have rights but they are super-seeded by the government when a compulsory purchase order is granted. So under the letter of the law the ESB did what they were allowed its not a matter of respecting rights. The major problem here seems to be the ability of bodies like the ESB to make compulsory purchase orders. So I'd recommend those that disagree with it to lobby their local politicians to get it changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

"Hurr durr"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Bloody banks!!!!!!111

:pac:

What are you on about?

:) + :D = :pac:

If by root and branch you mean.....

Root and Branch...

... trees....

....the ESB....

.... Mrs Treacy's farm...

... :pac:

token56 wrote: »
    I've read the majority of this thread and can't see any sensationalism by the judge being mentioned but maybe I missed. The judge acted within the law by jailing the woman, I'm not saying I agree or disagree with it, but its not sensationalism. Some of the posts on both sides have been sensationalist.

I was referring to the "we may as well sink into anarchy" comment made by the judge and included in the first post in this thread.

Given what has happened in this case, that was a bit over the top IMO.

This country (and indeed the whole world) may slip into anarchy, but it won't happen because Ms. Treacy didn't let the ESB onto her land.

And it does your argument no favours. Treating sensationalism with sensationalism is not really the best tactic if you want to be taken serious imo.

I wasn't. As I said, I was being sarcastic.
    Under the current law you do have rights but they are super-seeded by the government when a compulsory purchase order is granted. So under the letter of the law the ESB did what they were allowed its not a matter of respecting rights. The major problem here seems to be the ability of bodies like the ESB to make compulsory purchase orders. So I'd recommend those that disagree with it to lobby their local politicians to get it changed.

As I have said in previous posts, there was no compulsory purchase order in this case, nor indeed is a compulsory purchase order ever used by the ESB when they want to build electricity lines on private property.

They use a section 53 wayleave notice when they want to build electricity lines.

:) + :D = :pac:

I've never been that happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

How the hell did this thread reappear again when absolutely nothing new has happened? Even the crusty protestors have been quiet with no apparent action on any of their social media or website...........so loremolis do you have any new information?

joela wrote: »
    How the hell did this thread reappear again when absolutely nothing new has happened? Even the crusty protestors have been quiet with no apparent action on any of their social media or website...........so loremolis do you have any new information?

Nothing other than what I see on the Teresa Treacy website.

The "protestors" have gone home for Christmas because it's fu*king freezing in the middle of the woods and all they have had to eat for weeks is apple tart.

On the bright side, my computer and heating and internet and lights etc. are all still working.

joela wrote: »

Hard to believe its been 4 years.

The planning permission for the line running through Teresa Treacy's land expired earlier this year. The line still isn't built and the world hasn't ended.

The ESB and Eirgrid can do what the title to this thread said they should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

just want to add eircom...or 'eir' ... to that list.
    keep having to get up and reset the modem cause of their poor service.

they never make a mistake sending my bill funnily enough, 100% accuracy there.

ZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzz

lol

Seems like someone in ESB has been asleep at the wheel for the past few years; all of their wayleave notices have been unlawfully served.

http://m.rte.ie/news/2016/0711/801755-esb-wayleave-court/

As I've said before, overpaid monkeys.

I see from the Courts.ie website that ESB and Eirgrid have recently discontinued their High Court case against Teresa Treacy.

Gobsh1tes of the higest order wasting electricity consumers money by the millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Considering Ireland has barely any deciduous forestry and Coilte forestry is barren evergreen trees, ''it's only trees' is an understatement in my view. Trees are actually kinda vital. I appreciate that we need electricity infrastructure too but don't underestimate the trees..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I see from the Courts.ie website that ESB and Eirgrid have recently discontinued their High Court case against Teresa Treacy.

Gobsh1tes of the higest order wasting electricity consumers money by the millions.

The project she held up was going through my fathers land too. They went ahead with the work on his land, but they couldn't pay the money owed until the project was completed. She held this up for years. The ESB were very good to the land owners, they caused as little disruption as they could, and there was no drama. She sent corrospondance to all the other landowners involved trying to get them to refuse the ESB access to their lands too, in the very very very early stages of the plans. Out of all the land owners, she was the only one to make life difficult for them. To be honest, I had no sympathy at all for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

firstly she refused the esbs dosh, could she have done with it i dont know,
    secondlythe little guy stood up to the man and won, not often this happens

The project she held up was going through my fathers land too. They went ahead with the work on his land, but they couldn't pay the money owed until the project was completed. She held this up for years. The ESB were very good to the land owners, they caused as little disruption as they could, and there was no drama. She sent corrospondance to all the other landowners involved trying to get them to refuse the ESB access to their lands too, in the very very very early stages of the plans. Out of all the land owners, she was the only one to make life difficult for them. To be honest, I had no sympathy at all for her.

Seriously? They couldn't pay the money until the project was completed???
    Why not?, each landowners arrangement with ESB cannot be contingent on the position of another landowner, that's nuts.
    Every landowner who has an electricity line placed on their land has the statutory right to compensation and there is nothing that the ESB can do to deny that claim being made and paid.
    If your father blames Teresa Treacy for not getting paid then I have no sympathy for him because he didn't know his rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Seriously? They couldn't pay the money until the project was completed???
    Why not?, each landowners arrangement with ESB cannot be contingent on the position of another landowner, that's nuts.
    Every landowner who has an electricity line placed on their land has the statutory right to compensation and there is nothing that the ESB can do to deny that claim being made and paid.
    If your father blames Teresa Treacy for not getting paid then I have no sympathy for him because he didn't know his rights.

I love the way you act like you know it all on these matters ("father not knowing his rights") but is you who doesn't know what he's talking about in this case.

Read up about compensation for transmission lines and the payment process and educate yourself and then come back to us.

• Advertisement

I love the way you act like you know it all on these matters ("father not knowing his rights") but is you who doesn't know what he's talking about in this case.

Read up about compensation for transmission lines and the payment process and educate yourself and then come back to us.

That's funny because I'm sure that I know about these matters.
    What do you know about compensation for transmission lines and what about compensation for transmission lines would you like me to clarify for you?

Advertisement