Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupy Wall Street - Media Balckout & Police Brutatility

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

down-with-evil-corporations.jpg

Lame, lame, lame!

These people are protesting banks not hat companies or clothing stores.

You see anyone in this picture using an ATM?

And how can anyone identify the brand of any of those cameras and clothing items? And I'd love to meet the person who looks at someone's hair and can determine who the manufacturer of the hair colouring was if indeed it's colouring and not bleech.

A truly lame and immature picture thrown together by some eejit trying to take the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Lame, lame, lame!

These people are protesting banks not hat companies or clothing stores.

Are we talking about the same protests here?

http://occupywallst.org/forum/first-official-release-from-occupy-wall-street/
    As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.

As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Corporate Greed, not just banks. The companies illustrated are part of "big pharma" as well as companies who've moved abroad and those already been bailed out by the US tax payer.

The stupid bollocks reported that he "infiltrated" and got maced...then his whole pathetic story got blown to jam-rags. What an utter wanker:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/10/washington-protest-american-spectator-patrick-howley

So the question is this:

If a protestor, exercising his or her Constitutional right to Freedom of assembly and government redress can be denied due process and subjected to not only unlawful search and seizure but also cruel and unusual punishment, then should not this agent provocateur also be brought up on charges of incitement to riot?

It's very simple. The law is the law and should apply to all. If an old woman with a cardboard sign can be lifted for "breach of the peace" then shouldn't this Howley tosser be lifted for ITR and even reckless endangerment?

*except if they are Libyan or Syrian right? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

So the protesters are hypocrites for using cameras/camcorders to record the event.:rolleyes:

Slow handclap for that contribution..

• Advertisement

ed2hands wrote: »
    So the protesters are hypocrites for using cameras/camcorders to record the event.:rolleyes:

Slow handclap for that contribution..

I think you're missing the point ed. Apart from being companies with a turnover many times the GDP of most countries. The photo lists off sweatshops, drug companies et al. The photo highlights a certain irony rather than them being hypocrites. Particularly with AdBusters being so deeply involved at this stage.

It's not just for recording...

I suppose there's quite a few in the US for whom the idea of college professors on sabbatical and middle class journalists prancing around the streets preaching anti-globalization and anarchy or neo-marxism or whatever, must stick in their throat a little.

Jonny7 wrote: »
    *except if they are Libyan or Syrian right? :)

The Libyan and Syrian case are bloody insurrections stoked by outside forces. You don't apply the law to them you apply the gun.

Billionaire financier George Soros’ fingerprints, for example, have been all over the anti-Wall Street campaign from the very beginning. And this week, the infamous hedge-fund boss publicly announced his sympathy for the protesters and their complaints about bailouts — despite the fact that he lobbied for even greater unconstitutional handouts to bankers in 2009.

meanwhile...
    Philanthropist billionaire George Soros is a primary funder and key proponent of the global organization that promotes the military doctrine used by the Obama administration to justify the recent airstrikes targeting the regime of Moammar Gadhafi in Libya.

and in Syria...
    In Syria, the same scenario is seen in the CIA/US Congress / George Soros funded and instigated “Arab Spring” theatre as before the attack on Libya

in other news... :-)

Wonder what banks they use for donations...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Here is a very interesting video, for all, take a look..

Here is a comment from the guy who made the video...
    i have a photographic memory for faces that are in 2dimentional form and objects in 3 dimensional. Meeting someone in person for whatever reason is much more difficult for me to commit the face to memory. Dont ask me how I have know Idea. All I know is I amaze myself from time to time as a face will pop up in my head and Ill say who it is and where I saw them then come to find out its correct freaks me out too. Wish it worked for school work back in the day

Seems AdBusters are happy enough to go along with the "CIA instigated":rolleyes: Arab Spring.
    Yes, the ‘Arab Spring’ is now the new ‘American Fall’
    This revolution started back in February at the peak of the Arab Spring. Around the time Mubarak resigned Adbusters talked of a “Million Man March on Wall Street.” Then the “call to action” shifted, became “Occupy Wall Street.” That caught on. Since then many other resistance movements jumped on board in cities worldwide.

To paraphrase : "Certainly organized well in advance, any fúcker with half a fúcking brain in his fúcking head would fúcking see that it's the fúcking CIA b@stards behind this:)"

But will 20,000 show up? Warning: Could be lots more. After Tunisian President Ali fled his country in January, Egyptian revolutionaries issued a “call for action” in Tahrir Square. And 90,000 arrived. Given today’s intense anger against America’s totally dysfunctional government, no one should be surprised if 90,000 arrive for Occupy Wall Street and its solidarity allies at other financial centers across the world, armed with their rallying cry to stop “the corruption of our governments by Wall Street money.”

Warning: Ignore this rebellion at your peril. Reading their materials reveals a deeply frustrated, angry, fed up army of revolutionaries. Like their “Arab Spring” brothers,

Are the MSM still ignoring these protests BTW?

• Advertisement

The Libyan and Syrian case are bloody insurrections stoked by outside forces. You don't apply the law to them you apply the gun.

Hold on a second, the people have been protesting generally very peacefully in Syria, the violence comes from the leadership who have been arbitrarily imprisoning, torturing and killing those people for protesting in the first place.

You think these protesters should be killed, yet you seem outraged that some other protesters have been maced in New York. Hmmm seems a little disproportionate to me.

Hold on a second, the people have been protesting generally very peacefully in Syria, the violence comes from the leadership who have been arbitrarily imprisoning, torturing and killing those people for protesting in the first place.

You think these protesters should be killed, yet you seem outraged that some other protesters have been maced in New York. Hmmm seems a little disproportionate to me.

I was talking about outside forces and their proxy agents. If Russian or Chinese started fomenting unrest in US cities, launching attacks on law enforcement etc, they'd be shot.

Likewise when US agent do the same in Syria or Venezuela or Iran like they routinely do they should face the firing squad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But isn't Occupy Dame Street inspired by an American thing, formented if you will?

I guess that means the guards can call in the Army to start shooting at them....

Or is that protest ok because you agree with it and therefore the people involved are allowed the right to safety?

You guys are kinda picky about who should be afforded basic humans rights...

This line could well be applied to the US. You express outrage at the Syrian regime for torturing people. The US government doesn't vocalise such concerns as much as it used to what with its dungeons in Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, Bagram and Bucca. Also doesn't the US hand over people to the Syrians so that they can be tortured? The level of hypocrisy has reached the limits of the farcical.

The same is going on in Bahrain. Not a peep from you or the US. Likewise Saudi Arabia......silence. Uzbekistan...same thing. Israel routinely torture beat and kill Palestinians in their prisons who had the audacity to throw stones at their tanks. Again, no condemnation about that. So pretending to be champions of freedom and human rights might fool you, but it doesn't fool me.

This line could well be applied to the US. You express outrage at the Syrian regime for torturing people. The US government doesn't vocalise such concerns as much as it used to what with its dungeons in Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, Bagram and Bucca. Also doesn't the US hand over people to the Syrians so that they can be tortured? The level of hypocrisy has reached the limits of the farcical.

The same is going on in Bahrain. Not a peep from you or the US. Likewise Saudi Arabia......silence. Uzbekistan...same thing. Israel routinely torture beat and kill Palestinians in their prisons who had the audacity to throw stones at their tanks. Again, no condemnation about that. So pretending to be champions of freedom and human rights might fool you, but it doesn't fool me.

Yikes! I've been posting since at least 2003 (before the big password crash in around '06, this must be the third of fourth incarnation of "jonny" by now) on many subjects including the torture at Gitmo and Bagram, the plight of Palestinians, Saudi, Zimbabwe, even Uzbekistan, etc.

Yes there was even a stage when I despised the US almost as much as yourself. God forbid!

Peaceful protesting = Extremism/ Terrorism :pac:

London Metropolitan Police has categorized Occupy London Stock Exchange anti-capitalist protestors as a domestic terror group alongside those that are termed foreign terror threats including al-Qaeda. [/B]

In the document, dubbed “Terrorism/Extremism update for the City of London Business Community” and handed out to Occupy LSX 'Bank of Ideas' building by a local businessman, the police acknowledges that the protestors are on a “peaceful” campaign yet accused demonstrators of “suspected hostile reconnaissance” activity in London.

“There are now three 'Occupations' by activists in or near the City of London,” the document reads.

“It is likely that activists aspire to identify other locations to occupy, especially those they identify with capitalism. City of London Police has received a number of hostile reconnaissance reports concerning individuals who would fit the anti-capitalist profile. All are asked to be vigilant regarding suspected reconnaissance, particularly around empty buildings," it adds.

Occupy LSX has described the document as “interesting” saying the police are using “fear as a political tool” against the protestors.

The group said the police used the same campaign of “fear and intimidation” during the November 30 strike march in London.

“It is something Occupy London and other peaceful concerned citizens have experienced as they sought to remind the highest paid that they cannot continue to ignore this economic climate without questions being asked of them directly,” it said in a press release on its website.

“Occupy London would like to take this opportunity to demonstrate how the use of this kind of rhetoric can give an impression that is slightly divorced from reality,” it added.

The group also slammed the use of “suspected activism” to refer to Occupy LSX protestors saying activism is not a crime and if Britain claims its citizens live in a real “free society” that sort of “democratic” action should not worry the police.

“Activism is not a crime and the desire to participate in democratic decision-making should not be a cause for concern for the police in any free society,” it said.

“An institution that confuses active citizens with criminals and equates Al Qaeda with efforts to re-imagine the city is an institution in grave danger of losing its way,” it added.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/213983.html

occupy-london-terrorists.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Daithi 1 wrote: »

Yes.
    According.to.Michael."I.am.a.massive.wanker"Bloomberg.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭PureClaas

Daithi 1 wrote: »

London Metropolitan Police has categorized Occupy London Stock Exchange anti-capitalist protestors as a domestic terror group alongside those that are termed foreign terror threats including al-Qaeda. [/B]

In the document, dubbed “Terrorism/Extremism update for the City of London Business Community” and handed out to Occupy LSX 'Bank of Ideas' building by a local businessman, the police acknowledges that the protestors are on a “peaceful” campaign yet accused demonstrators of “suspected hostile reconnaissance” activity in London.

“There are now three 'Occupations' by activists in or near the City of London,” the document reads.

“It is likely that activists aspire to identify other locations to occupy, especially those they identify with capitalism. City of London Police has received a number of hostile reconnaissance reports concerning individuals who would fit the anti-capitalist profile. All are asked to be vigilant regarding suspected reconnaissance, particularly around empty buildings," it adds.

Occupy LSX has described the document as “interesting” saying the police are using “fear as a political tool” against the protestors.

The group said the police used the same campaign of “fear and intimidation” during the November 30 strike march in London.

“It is something Occupy London and other peaceful concerned citizens have experienced as they sought to remind the highest paid that they cannot continue to ignore this economic climate without questions being asked of them directly,” it said in a press release on its website.

“Occupy London would like to take this opportunity to demonstrate how the use of this kind of rhetoric can give an impression that is slightly divorced from reality,” it added.

The group also slammed the use of “suspected activism” to refer to Occupy LSX protestors saying activism is not a crime and if Britain claims its citizens live in a real “free society” that sort of “democratic” action should not worry the police.

“Activism is not a crime and the desire to participate in democratic decision-making should not be a cause for concern for the police in any free society,” it said.

“An institution that confuses active citizens with criminals and equates Al Qaeda with efforts to re-imagine the city is an institution in grave danger of losing its way,” it added.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/213983.html

occupy-london-terrorists.jpg

All these new Terrorism acts are the biggest infrindgement on human rights and is the legal but not lawful attempt to control the public. After all whats better than a law that you can accuse a person of something and jail them without trial.

In my opinion its the perfect crime against humanity itself all for population control.

It makes me sick

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭jargon buster

All these new Terrorism acts are the biggest infrindgement on human rights and is the legal but not lawful attempt to control the public. After all whats better than a law that you can accuse a person of something and jail them without trial.
    So they are not lawful yet they are laws?????
    Stop parrotting the silly "its legal but not lawful" nonsense and you will eliminate gaffs like that in any future posts.

Really really bored today, gonna try start something !

• Advertisement
Advertisement