Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Hughes' Family Fortunes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I saw a few minutes of this on saturday night, just to see if it really was the same family from Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and it was, with Ming Flanagans family . Watched 5 minutes, just so i could say i really had. It was even worse than i thought it might be . I dont usually agree with David Norris, but i think he has a point about current television output . Pure drivel of the lowest order. Having said that, TV3 must reckon they will get people to watch it, so , does it say more about the viewing public, or TV3?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Alan seemed scared of Paddy Doherty and his family :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moved from TV to Gameshows & Quizzes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The Alan Hughes muppet is so annoying and loud and out there.

Can't stand anything he's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I saw a few minutes of this on saturday night, just to see if it really was the same family from Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and it was, with Ming Flanagans family . Watched 5 minutes, just so i could say i really had. It was even worse than i thought it might be . I dont usually agree with David Norris, but i think he has a point about current television output . Pure drivel of the lowest order. Having said that, TV3 must reckon they will get people to watch it, so , does it say more about the viewing public, or TV3?

I think he was talking about Tallafornia (just try to spell check that :rolleyes:).
    I thought Alan seemed scared of Paddy Doherty and his family

Yeah yeah look terrified IMO. Bring back Talkabout.
    The Alan Hughes muppet is so annoying and loud and out there.

Can't stand anything he's in.

Yeah, I agree, surprised TV3 didn't suggest Martin King for that job, he is possibly the best suit to a Family Game Show. (Not that surprised really, I always felt Martin was underrate haha).

You can tell they aren't doing their own survey, what are people scared of Wolves and Bears!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I was at the recording of the Aslan episode. It was very funny. Spotted myself loads of times when it was on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Alright lads and lassies,

It's coming back for it's second TV debut :D

9pm on TV3 tonight... Be there or be square...

Apparently it's families from now on in, no more celebs, not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It's now being billed as Alan Hughes' Irish Family Fortunes.

And I thought it was just the titles of documentaries that the folks at Ballymount messed around with... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

awful muck.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

It's now being billed as Alan Hughes' Irish Family Fortunes.

And I thought it was just the titles of documentaries that the folks at Ballymount messed around with... :rolleyes:

We asked 100 people if they liked that name ...

• Advertisement

"Name a part of your body which has three letters?"
    Your Knee, Alan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Aw man, it's so bad it's good!

How cringey is it that his name is in the title?!

"BAKING....aaawwwww"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Haha first they were telling us knee was a three letter word and now they're saying it's not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Your one Tammy from the Meehan family from Limerick was on some reality show on RTE a few weeks back called Six in the City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Your one Tammy from the Meehan family from Limerick was on some reality show on RTE a few weeks back called Six in the City

You mean the third pilot in the Format Farm series - which, for anyone who still doesn't know about it, was basically Come Dine With Me with nights out instead of dinner parties?

No surprise, really... :rolleyes: ;)

This episode was repeated immediately before the X Factor - imaginitive scheduling by TV3. :rolleyes:

If there is one good thing to say about it, it's that 327 must be one of the highest Big Money scores ever on any version of the show around the world, if not the highest...

The highest I've seen on the UK version is 312, while 311 was once achieved on Bert's Family Feud in Australia:

(As an aside, does that name at 2:16 look familiar? :D:D;);))

If there is one good thing to say about it, it's that 327 must be one of the highest Big Money scores ever on any version of the show around the world, if not the highest...

The highest I've seen on the UK version is 312, while 311 was once achieved on Bert's Family Feud in Australia:

327 is a massive score. I think on most games it would be impossible to score so highly. You need the top two answers on each of the five questions to average 32.7 between them (and the two contestants to find all ten of the top answers). Usually the Big Money questions generate more varied answers than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,055 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Gwan the Masterson family from Wexford. My neighbours. Got 201 in the final round. Well done!

Advertisement