Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer questions you'd be embarrassed to ask any where else!

Options
1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Dan Steely

It's been a while but the way I used to do was:

Start

Type "cmd"

Type "format e: /fs:ntfs"

without the quotes where "e" above is the drive letter.

Or this video shows how to do it in Windows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Firblog

Right click on the USB stick you want to send the file to and select format, on the window that pops up go to file system and select NTFS, then click start.

Should be good to copy to it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,961 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks guys. That worked. Much appreciated.

Problem no 2.

Got the video copied from one flash drive to another (as above) and posted to a relative so all sorted now in that regard. I was able to copy the video to my desktop PC but I cant see any way to cast to the tv. I tried playing it (flash drive) by inserting it into a Zgemma box but it wasnt recognised. I then plugged it directly into the tv but an error message read that the device was corrupted.

The file type is MP4. How can we watch this video now? Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭jj880

Do you have a Chromecast connected to the TV or is Chromecast built into the TV (check TV menus)? If so you might be able to open the video in Chrome browser on PC, right click on it and cast it to the Chromecast / TV if all devices are on the same network.

If the mp4 copies to your phone it will almost certainly play in VLC Player mobile app and can be cast while playing in VLC. Some newer TVs will accept screen mirroring / smart sharing directly also.

The other option is cable your PC to a HDMI input on the TV. VLC is the player I use on PC. Plays everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

@muffler It might depend on the brand of smart TV you are plugging the USB drive into.

Both Windows and Mac can read from NTFS and exFAT. However, Smart TVs will often support one or the other. Sony TV's typically support FAT32 and exFAT, while Samsung and other brands typically support FAT32 and NTFS.

Check your TV's user guide to ensure the filesystem you formatted the USB stick with is supported by your TV.

Thanks guys. I'll check the tv later today.

The flash drive I formatted was posted to a relative. The drive I have here now is the one I got from a member of the family and he was saying that he also had to format it before passing it on to me.

Thanks for all the help guys. I checked the TV and it has chromecast built in so I was able to drop the file into Chrome and cast from the desktop PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

any recommendations for a Teams and Zoom background??

Am using Blur most of the time … but would like to get something interesting.

Any thoughts ?..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭niallb

What my son did when he was in college was tidy up his room and take a picture of it from his laptop on the desk.

He used it as a background for quite a while before we realised!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

Thats a good idea…. I suppose if I took a picture of my view from Bar Stool / Hotel Lobby etc.. I could then use that as my own personal background. Just got to ensure that when I save it - I save it in a certain resolution for Teams & Zoom. Thats another google job to do later!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭jj880

🤣 Dont work hard work smart. Hes going places!

Advertisement