Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer questions you'd be embarrassed to ask any where else!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

joedared wrote: »
    just printed an excel doc. Image was not sharp, but was legible. looked blurry with a shadow around each caracther. anybody know why this is?
    Head into the maintenance menu in your printer options and print test page/do nozzle checks and all those things.

What sorta printer is it? Do you use it often? May need new ink if it's been in it a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 musicmad18

Mod: Spamming your survey will get you banned. I will leave this as a warning as you are new, but read the Boards rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,059 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Can anyone tell me how you quote both a quote and a reply in a post?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Do you mean Multiquote?
    If so then it's the icon with the quotation marks and the Plus symboy down there near the Thanks button. Click it on every post you want to quote then on the lasat one click the quote button.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

No, I don't think its multiquote, though I did try that. You know where there is a post with a quote then a reply, you can quote both of them with one embedded in the other, I have seen other people do it but I can't figure how they do it.

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Do you mean Multiquote?...
    No, I don't think its multiquote...

You mean like this? It's the way PM's get quoted. I copypaste both quotes into notepad and then move one quote inside the other like so:
    [noparse]
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Do you mean Multiquote?...
    No, I don't think its multiquote...
    [/noparse]

Oh right! I thought there was a magic way of doing it! I got that far doing it manually, but was too stubborn to accept it and carried on trying to find a more tecky way :p

There might be a magic button, I never went looking for it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I sometimes download craft templates and save them in a 'template' file. But occasionally the 'puter doesn't ask me where I want to save them and it goes ahead without me and saves it in a 'downloads' folder, then I have to search for it and move it, and some of the downloads don't have titles that make it easy to find. One gets miffed with d'oul 'puter, so One does! :(

Just go to My Computer, My Documents - Downloads (in alphabetical order in the My Folders list) Then you can just move it to where you want it to be (right click - send to or left click Move to -you get more choices with Move to)

Edit, oh yes see what you said about file names, that's true. You can generally repeat the start of the process and check what the name is without actually downloading again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

If they have funny names, once you are in the Downloads folder, just click on 'Date Modified' to sort by date downloaded, the most recent one is going to be the one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I don't think that's their problem...

what he/she really wants to be able to do is to choose which folder to save each download into

The browser should have a setting for this

I find most downloads go into the downloads folder, except the ones that stick themselves at the bottom of the screen, you can sort them.

Just go to My Computer, My Documents - Downloads (in alphabetical order in the My Folders list) Then you can just move it to where you want it to be (right click - send to or left click Move to -you get more choices with Move to)

Edit, oh yes see what you said about file names, that's true. You can generally repeat the start of the process and check what the name is without actually downloading again.

Yep, I do that already.
    batistuta9 wrote: »
    I don't think that's their problem...

what he/she really wants to be able to do is to choose which folder to save each download into

The browser should have a setting for this

That's right! And every single time too. Even if I check that setting, I wondered why it doesn't always do the same thing. It's got a mind of its own, it has! Don't really want to change the setting though as the rest of the family use the one 'puter. They don't want my stuff, I don't want theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Grandad Himself

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    They don't want my stuff, I don't want theirs.

Set up separate user accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Can someone explain why I can not logout today? I seem to be trapped in here.
    :pac:

That happened to me to a couple of days ago. Reported it to Mod. Now its fixed but it went a bit dodgy on me this morning. Hope I'll be able to get out of here now. Wish me luck....................Geronimooooooo!!!!!!!

Well, that worked, but I came back in again. Oops! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Is anyone having problems with Chrome?

They did updates a few days ago and since then its really annoying.
    When I open a new tab all I'm getting is a blank page. I have to refresh a few times before the page comes up. My son is having the same problem. IE is working fine :confused:

I'm on Chrome too, I haven't been specifically aware of updates, but there have been some so one might have been Chrome. I don't think I am having any problems, any more than usual in that my laptop is now rather old and getting a bit slow, though it did take ages to get going this morning. Not what you are describing though. It is probably conflicting with something already on your computer. I can't be any more helpful than that :D which isn't very much, I know!

• Advertisement

Just googled that issue and there are loads of complaints! Google Chrome update, blank pages.

Ah ha! So its not my antique computer then!!

Sonny just installed Firefox for me and now I'm overwhelmed with bluddy ads :mad:

*Sigh*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Chucken wrote: »
    Ah ha! So its not my antique computer then!!

Sonny just installed Firefox for me and now I'm overwhelmed with bluddy ads :mad:

*Sigh*
    Get sonny to install adblock plus or do it yourself https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

Thanks mp :)

I seem to be ad free now....phew!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    That happened to me to a couple of days ago. Reported it to Mod. Now its fixed but it went a bit dodgy on me this morning. Hope I'll be able to get out of here now. Wish me luck....................Geronimooooooo!!!!!!!

Ive a wierd problem here now. Some words are coming up as links and if I hover over them, they're ads :confused:

Sorry for picking your post JB, but above, the word 'days' is doing this. Its happening on other sites too. ( The whole other 3 that I use :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Ive a wierd problem here now. Some words are coming up as links and if I hover over them, they're ads :confused:

Sorry for picking your post JB, but above, the word 'days' is doing this. Its happening on other sites too. ( The whole other 3 that I use :D)
    You've got a virus. Can't think of the name of it. Malwarebytes should sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Text enhance! Thats what it's called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What browser do you use Chucken(opera,firefox,chrome,etc.)

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. Im using chrome.

Advertisement