Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

stayed this same this week (been yoyoing for the past 6 weeks or so) but delighted with tonight I had a mad week with take-out had chinese, indian, kfc, nandos, mc donalds and pizza, along with a few mince pies and quality streets but i was eating lots of superfree for breakfast and lunch

ps anyone know how many syns in ballymalu country relish?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

2.5lb off this week. Delighted with myself!!! How's everyone doing today? Anything interesting planned for tonights dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyone know is the Muller light youghurt Mint with dark chocolate bits free like the other ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Had to eat in college last night, forgot my purse and had to go for the cheap option, hot chicken wrap with mayo and salad. Feel like crap this morning, and 30 syns wasted. It's scary how you can go through them

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭emma_mc123

thanks guys

feeling better today, was never taking away from my project, just got a bit obsessive when I had the steroids for being sick then feeling complacent

but I just started to be a bit more pro-active and am keeping a food diary

feel like I'm much more aware of everything I'm eating already
    and no food slipping into my mouth without a note being taken ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

hmmm 1/2 pound up but happy after the wedding wknd, i was expecting far more. In goup on lady siad she used a tin tomatoes, 200g tub of quark, spices and used it as a creamy tomato sauce for spag bol.... i think it would be fab with chicken so might try it later:)
    Back on Track for this wk will be shifting that half pound off!!!

Dair wrote: »
    hmmm 1/2 pound up but happy after the wedding wknd, i was expecting far more. In goup on lady siad she used a tin tomatoes, 200g tub of quark, spices and used it as a creamy tomato sauce for spag bol.... i think it would be fab with chicken so might try it later:)

that recipe sounds amazing, definitely going to have to try it

1/2 on a wedding week is nothing, keep up the work and it'll be off you in no time...and more!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

fifib wrote: »
    anyone know is the Muller light youghurt Mint with dark chocolate bits free like the other ones?

All the muller light fat free are free except the cheesecake and cherry underlay

What is this quark i'm hearing so much about?

Danniboo wrote: »

it's like cottage cheese, but no lumps
    so smooth and creamy. also low in fat and high in protein, free food on EE

a lot of people use it to replace cream cheese, full fat yogurts etc for desserts

I've been looking for a good way to try it, this recipe seems good

• Advertisement

Its Fat free like fromage frais and great for sauces, it gives a creamy taste to the dish your cooking. I have a few reciepes so il stick one up tomorrow, i have one for carborna which is also yummy. Yes its not as creamy as carborna but its FREE!!!Only thing with quark if your using it to make a sauce, make the reciepe up, take the pan off the heat and add the quark, dont boil it as it splits and will ruin your dinner. Also high in protien which fills you up!!

Thanks Emma, thats the plan, hopefully it wont catch up with me next week, going to be as good as possible to make sure i lose it and a little extra!!:)

Im going to try the reciepe tomorrow i think, will let you know how i get on...it sounds totally yummy and i love creamy tomato sauces, if this works il be in heaven!!!:)
    emma_mc123 wrote: »
    that recipe sounds amazing, definitely going to have to try it

1/2 on a wedding week is nothing, keep up the work and it'll be off you in no time...and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Hey guys back on the SW wagon since tues, got weighed and was at the same as I was since the last time is was there! So looking back i've lost 8lbs in 10 weeks. Been going well I'm at a conference 2 days & its carvery for lunch so had turkey, veg, mash & bit of gravy. Also have my work xmas party on Sat night so anyone got any tips?? It's drinks and finger food so dunno which is worse!! I was thinking i'd fill up on pasta etc before I go and just focus on the drinking not eating!!

Also another question does anyone know if you cook rice in a stock in the oven does that add any syns to it? or is it still free?? Just wondering cos I was reading here before about how if you make 'crisps' out of potatoes & bake in oven it means there not free :(

Its Fat free like fromage frais and great for sauces, it gives a creamy taste to the dish your cooking. I have a few reciepes so il stick one up tomorrow, i have one for carborna which is also yummy. Yes its not as creamy as carborna but its FREE!!!Only thing with quark if your using it to make a sauce, make the reciepe up, take the pan off the heat and add the quark, dont boil it as it splits and will ruin your dinner. Also high in protien which fills you up!!

Cool i'll have to give it a shot so. Is low fat natural yoghurt free or is it just fat free??? Been a bit lazy this week with the fruit and veg does this usually hamper the weight loss has anyone noticed???

It definitely does. Most of your veggies are speedy so will help your metabolism. Most of your fruits are speedy too but there are a few super speedys. I'm addicted to melon which is SS so I'm just living on that but it is vital to get them in every meal! :)

It has to be fat free, i made that mistake when i started i though i was great but i wasnt;)
    Im not hugely great with my superfree but i eat alot of free, i dotn think it does too much but loss is better with it. We had a visitor in that eats eat hardly any fruit and veg and shes 5 stone down so it does work!!
    Cool i'll have to give it a shot so. Is low fat natural yoghurt free or is it just fat free??? Been a bit lazy this week with the fruit and veg does this usually hamper the weight loss has anyone noticed???

i think it does make a difference

the amount of superfree fruit and veg out there helps us keep variety in our meals
    for me personally, that's the key to not getting bored and ordering pizza!

the miss slinky from our group has just got to her target weight, when someone was asking about the third superfree, her motto is "if in doubt, bulk it out"

I always try to get between a third and half superfree
    if you don't always have time to cook, the steam bags that have broccoli, carrots, spinach etc are great to add to a dish
    I've even started doing these to add to my chicken and black bean when I order it, that way I know I won't be eating as much rice and still feel so satisified

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Uh week from hell, put on half a pound. Then had college Xmas night out. Drank way to much, was sick all day weds, couldn't eat a thing. Then thurs I was so hungry ate but of crap as well as good ood. But today fully back on track have all my food cooked, had spare stuff in freezer so happy I done that. Onwards n downwards

Anyone any ideas on a sauce for a turkey stirfry?

Anyone any ideas on a sauce for a turkey stirfry?

I love using taco spice mix with turkey mince
    about 4 or 5 syns per pack, but serves 4 people :)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone

What a mental couple of days. I completely fell off the wagon. But weigh in isn't until Wednesday so I have to get back on track and see what happens. Parties really do put a spanner in the journey to skinniness!!! :D

CuteStuff wrote: »
    Hi everyone

What a mental couple of days. I completely fell off the wagon. But weigh in isn't until Wednesday so I have to get back on track and see what happens. Parties really do put a spanner in the journey to skinniness!!! :D

Don't I know it!

I had a relatively good weekend, lots of working out. My boyfriend is being a huge support and coming to the gym with me and bringing his daughter swimming with us

we went to the lights being switched on in Donabate, avoided all the mulled wine and mince pies, and even had an americano instead of a hot chocolate. But we ended up getting invited to a friends, they were having Indian :-o
    was disastrous! not only a bad order, but the food was sitting so long, before I knew it I was grazing on left overs :-/ totally ruined all my good efforts.

Grazing also happened on Thursday night when we had a platter of deep fried mess at our table for Christmas drinks. I seriously need to get out of this frame of mind.

hopefully I can still get a loss this week. I've been so complacent lately.
    I keep meaning to keep a food diary, but every time I eat something bad, I don't want to write it down so I pretend it didn't happen and feel so guilty I give up on the whole diary :(

Weigh in tonight,so nervous put in a good week, but Saturday and yesterday were a disaster, chippers, wine, white bread:confused:

Anyone know where I can get some quark??? Had a look in Dunnes, couldn't see it

Weigh in tonight,so nervous put in a good week, but Saturday and yesterday were a disaster, chippers, wine, white bread:confused:

Anyone know where I can get some quark??? Had a look in Dunnes, couldn't see it

Try supervalu, tescos have also recently started stocking it. By the Fromage frais section

Good luck tonight :)

I hear ya Emma Mc... Its hard to stay focused the whole time. I am just incredibly jealous of those around me that are lovely and slim and appear to eat all around them :(

emma_mc123 wrote: »
    Try supervalu, tescos have also recently started stocking it. By the Fromage frais section

Good luck tonight :)

1 and a half down, delighted with myself.:D

Well done Danniboo :D that's great :)

Does anyone know if there is a SW recipe for stew? I'm away at the mo and can't remember my password for the website!

1 and a half down, delighted with myself.:D

Yeah!! That's great! Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

3lbs down in shock as was disgracefully bad but gain 1/2lb last week even tho I was goodish.

Wouldn't mind stuffed big dinner into me as I new I'd be up, got to be extra good this week as only 1/2lb away from losing 10lb. Delighted as that was only my 4th weigh in :-)

• Advertisement

bulmersgal wrote: »
    3lbs down in shock as was disgracefully bad but gain 1/2lb last week even tho I was goodish.

Wouldn't mind stuffed big dinner into me as I new I'd be up, got to be extra good this week as only 1/2lb away from losing 10lb. Delighted as that was only my 4th weigh in :-)

Well done that's brill :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement